: Atmos

Discus and support : Atmos in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Atmos I have a Samsung Q80R TV & a Samsung Q80R soundbar that both support atmos. If I connect the Xbox to the soundbar I get atmos but I lose game... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by James-82, Oct 12, 2020.

1. James-82
    James-82 Guest

I have a Samsung Q80R TV & a Samsung Q80R soundbar that both support atmos. If I connect the Xbox to the soundbar I get atmos but I lose game mode & freesync on the tv etc. My issue is when I connect the Xbox direct to the tv and the soundbar is connected
    via HDMI arc I don’t get atmos or able to select it on the Xbox. Oddly I have my sky box connected in the same way, direct to the tv & then via arc to the sound bar & I get atmos on sky so it is definitely an issue with Xbox not allowing atmos when connected
    direct to the tv. Please help!

:)

James-82, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Goofy19781 Win User

Dolby atmos issues

Yes its now broken with the update, for watching netflix with a real atmos setup 5.1.2.

The receiver thinks its atmos but its a 5.1 or even a 2.0 stream hidden in a atmos package.

blu ray works fine atmos is atmos and 5.1 is upscaled by the receiver to dolby surround with use or al your atmos speakers so it must be.
  3. Goofy19781 Win User

XB1X Dolby Atmos problem

with a 5.1 speaker setup you cant have atmos, dont use it.

5.1.2 is the minimal speaker setup for real atmos, and a atmos suporting receiver

dts x works with 5.1 speaker systems, atmos not
  4. hippiman72 Win User

dolby atmos not working in games and netflix

Hiya,

Thank you for your responses

It still says multichannel pcm input on my amp, not atmos, this is even when I try running an atmos demo in the atmos app which says that atmos for home theatre is enabled.

Yet if I put a disk in i get atmos sound
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Dolby Atmos on Netflix

Dolby Atmos and Atmos for headphones are two different things. Netflix does not support Atmos for headphones as far as I am aware
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

Is there any ways to get surround sound every games on xbox one?

Hello,

to clear that.

7.1 on Headset is Virtual

Dolby Atmos for Headset is Virtual *

Windows Sonic for Headset is Virtual

Everything is Virtual,

actual the best is Atmos and Sonic

Best for Atmos is a Source that is Atmos Mixed from the Ground, thats the best you can get but you can also use it with no Atmos mastered Games.
Thema:

1. : Atmos - Similar Threads - Atmos

2. Series X Atmos 3rd party apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Atmos 3rd party apps: Hi, does anyone know if the Series X will offer Atmos for 3rd party apps (specifically plex)?. 2bb83f5d-1dbd-4602-96e1-cfa200eed6d3
  3. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox One S anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox One S anymore: Hi, I have Xbox One S connected to Onkyo NR676 Receiver connected to LG UJ6500 TV in 5.1.2 set up. Dolby Atmos used to work fine on streamed movies from Netflix and Disney+ until recently but it...
  4. Dolby x atmos not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby x atmos not working: I have the dolby x atmos bluetooth headset. In order for these to work you first need to download the dolby sound app. Through this app it will ask you to set up your headset. Mine would be...
  5. DTS:X compared to Dolby Atmos on Xbox Games

in XboX Insiders
    DTS:X compared to Dolby Atmos on Xbox Games: Hi everyone, Since DTS:X has finally filtered down to beta ring I have done some testing. I wasn't expecting a big difference between the two Spatial Audio systems in Games with native 3D Sound...
  6. Why does Xbox stay in Dolby Atmos for non-Atmos Content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox stay in Dolby Atmos for non-Atmos Content?: So I have an Xbox and it's set to output Bitstream with Dolby Atmos. This means any time I'm using my Xbox as a playback device, my Yamaha RX-V781 displays Dolby Atmos on the screen. Whenever it...
  7. Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games: Hello, I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar. The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV itself. I found a way to fix it by enabling...
  8. Dolby Atmos for home theatre

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for home theatre: Does the xbox require eARC for Dolby Atmos for home theatre to work? I have the sonos arc and have it plugged into hdmi Arc. However i cannot select dolby atmos for home theatre....
  9. Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play Dolby Atmos for Apps other then games like Kody?: Hi, I just noticed the new Xbox X will be here in november. This is great news. I do have one question. The current Xbox one X does dolby atmos but only for games and not for apps like kodi. Will...
  10. Dolby Atmos no longer working properly with the latest update in alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos no longer working properly with the latest update in alpha Ring: Since the latest insider alpha ring update September 5, Dolby Atmos seems unstable. Before this update, my XB1X always output Atmos in games and menus the audio was stable. Since last night...