Attempt to fix endless E105 errors on Xbox One X console

Discus and support Attempt to fix endless E105 errors on Xbox One X console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I’m having frequent problems with my Xbox One X console (out of warranty) where I get E105 errors. I have previously replaced the hard drive in my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TalkySky89, Aug 21, 2019.

1. TalkySky89
    TalkySky89 Guest

Hi,

I’m having frequent problems with my Xbox One X console (out of warranty) where I get E105 errors. I have previously replaced the hard drive in my console but the errors have returned. After researching, I believe that the issue is linked to two overheating
    capacitors located within the internal power supply. I know that I could fix the issue if I just replaced these capacitors but I have no experience fixing things like that and if not done carefully then I could easily kill the power supply or even the entire
    console. Is it possible to get a replacement internal power supply for my console without having to pay a huge amount of money, which I can’t afford, for a new console or a service when the problem can be solved so easily? I also do not want
    to buy a 3rd party power supply as I have heard that they have a very high failure rate.

This issue has been preventing me from using my console which I paid a lot of money for for a long time now and I have now lost all confidence in the build quality of xbox consoles.

It also still shocks me how Microsoft refuses to acknowledge this problem despite thousands of console being affected by it. If they had any respect for their customers then they would recall all the affected consoles.

:)

TalkySky89, Aug 21, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello TalkySky89,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue with your Internal Power supply not operating as it should, if you would like to send it in for an out-of-warranty repair, you can do so by going to either the

Devices Website
    or by
    Contacting Xbox Support
    . Since your console is out of warranty, there will be a fee to get your console repaired. There is no other way to go about getting your console fixed that doesn't involve paying a fee.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. Ducc Dad Win User

Hi, Im sorry that you are having problems with your console.

As you have stated your console is out of warranty i do not believe a free repair would be possible.

i would also suggest that you do not attempt to repair the console yourself as this risks further damage and the posibility of getting a repair in the future.

3rd party hardware is also not recommended because, as you said, they are not very reliable and can fail causing further damage to your console.

Here is the link to the startup error troubleshooter:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/startup-error-solution

following that may be able to solve your issues.

Xbox customer service will be able to assist you with out of warranty repairs:

https://support.microsoft.com/devices
  4. RAZORBLACK27 Win User

Xbox One X Replacement

This is the second time I have had to send my XBOX ONE X off for repairs. Games not downloading, E105 error codes and other error codes. Just want something that works. I also have been with XBOX since day one I hope they fix this.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

E105 00000000 800 7045D

Here is a link with directions on fixing this error

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/error-code-e105
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

error code E105

Thema:

1. Attempt to fix endless E105 errors on Xbox One X console - Similar Threads - Attempt fix endless

2. Keep getting E101 after attempting a USB update.

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting E101 after attempting a USB update.: As it says I’m trying to do a offline USB update but it keeps failing and I keep getting the E101 error message. Mind you this is after I’ve unsuccessfully tried a reset with keeping the games and...
  3. Attempted firmware update for xbox one controller led to an unresponsive controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Attempted firmware update for xbox one controller led to an unresponsive controller: I recently tried to update my xbox one controller using windows 10. I connected the controller with via USB, and installed the xbox accessories app from the store. After I started the update, it...
  4. Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is turning off my monitor when attempting to play new, downloaded games: This has only happened on the last two games I downloaded, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Forza 4. When I click on the game to play either of them, after a few seconds of the first images showing my...
  5. Unfamiliar Login attempts on my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfamiliar Login attempts on my microsoft account: Hi I've just recently check my Microsoft account activity and everything is fine apart from today 5 hours ago there was about 10 attempted logins from countries like Malaysia Bangkok etc even...
  6. Hacker Attempt steals my IP after Booting me off of game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacker Attempt steals my IP after Booting me off of game: So there was this player that i ran into when i was playing a game called Dead By Daylight. For those who do not know what that game is it is a game where Killers from horror movies attempt to...
  7. Attempting to install minecraft, stuck saying "installing"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to install minecraft, stuck saying "installing": Does anyone have a proper fix for this, it's always at 0% and I've done everything from restarting to reinstalling the game, but the installation bar won't budge....
  8. 100% Packet Loss - Attempted Multiple Fixes

in XboX Networking Hardware
    100% Packet Loss - Attempted Multiple Fixes: 100% Packet Loss - Attempted Multiple Fixes What Country/State/Province do you live in:Manitoba, Canada Modem brand & model number: Pace, 5168N-010 Router brand & model number: Built-in,...
  9. NAT type is still shown as strict despite multiple attempted fixes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type is still shown as strict despite multiple attempted fixes.: Hey, My little brother is having a problem with his Xbox One. As you may be able to tell by the title, his NAT type has been shown as "Strict." This seem to have happened very suddenly as for the...
  10. Strict NAT after many different fix attempts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strict NAT after many different fix attempts: Hey, I just got an Xbox One about three weeks ago. I haven't been able to get an OPEN Nat type and its really getting to me. Can't play BF4 without major lag. Heres the run down. My internet...