Attempting to launch Halo Infinite, I get redirected to the Game Services app.

Discus and support Attempting to launch Halo Infinite, I get redirected to the Game Services app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm attempting to launch the Halo Infinite app, but as soon as I press the launch icon, I'm redirected to the Game Services app on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrKwyte, Nov 25, 2021.

1. MrKwyte
    MrKwyte Guest

As the title says, I'm attempting to launch the Halo Infinite app, but as soon as I press the launch icon, I'm redirected to the Game Services app on the Windows Store, presumably to download or update it. However, it is already installed and up-to-date. I've attempted un-installing and re-installing the app to fix the problem, but nothing has changed. This is the first time it has occured, and it doesn't happen when trying to launch any other app.

I've launched Halo Infinite numerous times before without issue, so I'm stunned with this one.

Any help appreciated.

:)

MrKwyte, Nov 25, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good monring

Microsoft has released an update to correct this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:

"RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):

"

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"

Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  4. MrKwyte Win User

Issue not solved, still being redirected to the Gaming Services app in the Microsoft Store.
  5. MrKwyte Win User

Rather than doing that, I went ahead and merely reinstalled the game rather than my entire Windows setup.

Jumped the gun a bit there, didn't ya.

Thank you for your assistance.
  6. michaelmonarrez Win User

Halo Master Chief collection

I downloaded all the Halo games that are within the MC collection. After I downloaded them, MC game wont even launch for me. Every time I open the App and attempt to launch the game, the app just closes.
Thema:

1. Attempting to launch Halo Infinite, I get redirected to the Game Services app. - Similar Threads - Attempting launch Halo

2. I can't play Uno® without it crashing everytime I attempt to play it!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play Uno® without it crashing everytime I attempt to play it!: Uno® always crashes everytime I try to play it and last time I got in a match of Uno® was 2020 I think but that was before this bug happened! Its been forever since I got into a match of Uno®! And...
  3. (PC) Receiving error 0x80070002 when attempting to switch default app install location

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) Receiving error 0x80070002 when attempting to switch default app install location: Hello! I am a Windows 10 / Game Pass user who would prefer to install certain larger apps and games on an external drive. However whenever I attempt to switch the default drive I get the...
  4. (PC) Attempt to install game results in game disappearing but unable to install because of...

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) Attempt to install game results in game disappearing but unable to install because of...: Hello! I was trying to install a game (Forza 5) on Game Pass for Windows 10 and it kept disappearing and reappearing from my games list. After it had prepared space for the game I restarted my...
  5. Teredo unable to qualify, attempted all xbox help solutions.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo unable to qualify, attempted all xbox help solutions.: So I keep getting teredo unable to qualify along with server connectivity being blocked on my xbox networking app for my pc. after checking my settings and attempting all solutions suggested on...
  6. Attempting to access lost Xbox 360 account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Attempting to access lost Xbox 360 account: I’m trying to access my old 360 account from roughly 6 years ago, however I can’t do so because I don’t remember the email. I remember mostly everything about the account and can prove it but the...
  7. 0x00000000 code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on Xbox App Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x00000000 code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on Xbox App Windows 10: I get the 0x00000000 error code when attempting to install Sea of Thieves on the Xbox App on Windows 10. I've tried disabling certain proxy settings, different powershell commands requested to try...
  8. Continually receiving Error Code 104 when attempting to launch Microsoft Solitaire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Continually receiving Error Code 104 when attempting to launch Microsoft Solitaire: I get the error code message every time I attempt to open Solitaire, both on my Android tablet and on my Windows 10 laptop. Things were fine only a couple of days ago. This is a recent and highly...
  9. Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.: Xbox one X. Games won't start. Just brings up a splash screen then cuts to black for a few seconds and my Xbox turns off. This is after transferring my account and games to my new Xbox one X....
  10. XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch: Hi. Ever since the March update I've been unable to use Netflix on my Xbox One. I click on the tile and then it just dumps me back to the home screen, after about 10 seconds of displaying the...