Audio Delay Issue Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos

Discus and support Audio Delay Issue Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The sound is great, but the delay is awful, I've also no chance to fix it with the AV-Sync settings on my LG CX Oled.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Smorf666, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Smorf666
    Smorf666 Guest

The sound is great, but the delay is awful, I've also no chance to fix it with the AV-Sync settings on my LG CX Oled.

:)

Smorf666, Nov 13, 2020
  2. sturae229 Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Well yes. The problem is constant. Whenever you’re in a game that uses Dolby atmos or even on Netflix through the series x. It needs a software patch to fix it. Delay is present on all Dolby atmos content
  3. SteeleWake Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Issue has been reported multiple times by many people as indicated in this and few other threads (reddit, xbox forums, etc). I myself have opened several tickets (currently have one ongoing now) on the issue and yet it still hasn't been resolved. I have also created help tickets with Dolby Access Support, and their responses continue to be that it is a Microsoft issue in how it is outputting Dolby Atmos. Summary of my issues is below:

- Bitstream audio out no longer an option in the HDMI output settings. In the November 2021 update on the Xbox Series X, the audio settings page was changed and unfortunately the option to output bitstream audio was removed. Despite the many issues this has caused, Microsoft still has not fixed the issue. Please bring back the bitstream/lossless output formats instead of forcing PCM only.

- Despite Dolby Atmos being selected as shown in the picture, the Xbox is outputting PCM 'multichannel audio' instead of Atmos (receiver display shown in lower portion of picture). This appears to be causing delays/hiccups in the HDMI handshake process as whatever PCM signal is being sent is not fully correct and the receiver bounces between seeing multichannel audio and dolby atmos until finally settling on multichannel audio. To my earlier comment, being able to pass true bitstream dolby atmos audio to the receiver should eliminate this issue.

- I have the Xbox Series X running to the AVR and then to the TV in order to have access to all the audio formats. When I tried to run the Xbox directly to the TV and then audio over eArc to the receiver, the Xbox will only output PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos. I have tested the TV/receiver and they are able to pass other formats (such as DTS:X) over eArc so it is an Xbox issue of not allowing all the formats to be output (possibly related to bistream vs PCM also?).
  4. sidarora1 Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

I have the same problem with My xbox one x and 950 soundbar. I get audio delay once I enable Dolby atmos via the audio settings on my hdmi, but the soundbar works great with all other devices, cable TV, apple TV 4k. I've literally tried everything and
    I'm thinking is has something to do with the Dolby atmos application. I've used optical and other sources and they sound good, obviously not Dolby atmos but they work. I don't think it's my TV or soundbar. I've also replaced the xbox one x to a new xbox one
    x and same issue. It has to be a bug in the atmos connection from the speakers to the xbox. It's super frustrating. Not sure what else to do until I new update comes out.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  6. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

I have same problem everything shows as dolby atmos. I just get on with it . I dont have audio delay though 🤔

There are issues with dolby atmos that has been on going for a while though. Still no fix 🤔👍
Thema:

1. Audio Delay Issue Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos - Similar Threads - Audio Delay Issue

2. Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay: There is video lag when playing Xbox Cloud Gaming, but the audio is fine (0 latency). 66af0c82-128f-475d-a065-b2541b29b178
  3. Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?: Currently on Samsung s95b, the audio delay I had (no matter the settings combination) seems to be fully fixed as of today's public release update. Can anyone confirm with LG OLED C series TVs? Is...
  4. Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues: Reposting from insiders reddit, but if anybody with more knowledge than me and enough pa5ience to read this c Would weigh in, I'd sure appreciate it!! Distillation with fix on Atmos delay at...
  5. Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC: I've tried this with LG OLED C2 and Samsung S95B. No issues with PS5 and Apple TV, but Xbox Series X (and Switch) have noticeable audio delay/lag. I've tried all different combination of settings...
  6. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X: Hello, I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the tv, I do not have external speakers or...
  7. Audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay: Is there a fix for an audio delay on the Xbox series s. a8d98462-dde1-4208-b64c-93f4d46d3c70
  8. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

in XboX Insiders
    Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...: Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you. The audio delay is introduced somewhere between the XSX, TV and receiver. It appears to be tied...
  9. Is audio delay a common issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is audio delay a common issue?: So I was playing a game when all of the sudden the audio went out of sync. So I turned it all off and on again, and even the Xbox menu was out of sync. I tried playing other games and all of them...
  10. Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App - Game Clip Trim Audio Delay Issue: Hi, After updating my Windows 10 with the Feature Update version 1083, every time I try to trim game clip videos in the Game DVR using the Xbox App (Official) or the Xbox App (Beta) the audio is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blu ray sound out of sync xbox series x

2. dolby atmos delay xbox series x

3. audio delay on xbox series x

4. receiver connected to xbox audio delay,
  5. series x atmos delay,
  6. xbox series atmos delay fix,
  7. xbox series x dolby atmos delay,
  8. xbox series x av syncing issues