Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

Discus and support Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Brandon Davis1, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

Hello,

I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the tv, I do not have external speakers or anything. I was wondering how to solve the audio delay issue? and maybe what are the best features on the XBOX/TV to turn off or on?

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/toshiba-55-inch-4k-fire-tv,review-5671.html

Thanks

:)

Brandon Davis1, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Brandon, let's see if it's a disc incompatibility, or really a system bug ok?

Press the Xbox button > System > Restart console > Restart

After the console turns on again, hold the console's Xbox button (X- or start button) for approximately 10 seconds, the console will restart again.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After that, try to read the discs again.

If the error continues, it could really be something from the recording of these discs.
  3. AssassinGuy1288 Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I'm having the same issue last night while watch a 4k movie using the disc drive. The movie would go black and the audio audio would resume and a few seconds later the image would return. Sometimes the image would disappear and not come back until I turned the console off.

I have an Xbox series X running with an LG CX 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED TV. I really hope there is a fix for this. It was disappointing that I had to stream the movie from my tv rather using the disc version with the Xbox.
  4. cpt sheridan Win User

2001 Space Odyssey 4KUHD 0x91d70001 error 🙄

It seems to be a common problem with certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks on the Xbox One and Series X.

My Xbox One X refuses to play certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks as well and I know it's not the disks that's causing the problem as they play on my stand alone 4K Blue Ray player.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Purchasing 4k movied

Not all movies may be released in 4K

Yes im aware of this, but the movie the movies that i was planning on purchasing had an info box which said „this movie is available in 4k UHD HDR etc...“ it just doesn‘t give me the 4k UHD option in the quality settings
    Which Xbox One do you own? the Original, the S or the X?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X should get an "upgrade" to an Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for 4K to be worth it.

Hi,

The One X can already play 4K UHD Blu-Ray movie discs, the same as the One S. There's nothing to upgrade.
Thema:

1. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Audio delay play

2. Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay: There is video lag when playing Xbox Cloud Gaming, but the audio is fine (0 latency). 66af0c82-128f-475d-a065-b2541b29b178
  3. Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?: Currently on Samsung s95b, the audio delay I had (no matter the settings combination) seems to be fully fixed as of today's public release update. Can anyone confirm with LG OLED C series TVs? Is...
  4. Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues: Reposting from insiders reddit, but if anybody with more knowledge than me and enough pa5ience to read this c Would weigh in, I'd sure appreciate it!! Distillation with fix on Atmos delay at...
  5. Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC: I've tried this with LG OLED C2 and Samsung S95B. No issues with PS5 and Apple TV, but Xbox Series X (and Switch) have noticeable audio delay/lag. I've tried all different combination of settings...
  6. Audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay: Is there a fix for an audio delay on the Xbox series s. a8d98462-dde1-4208-b64c-93f4d46d3c70
  7. Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay: I've had this problem for quite some while now, and I see a lot of people on the internet have a similar problem. I've got a Samsung Q90T linked to my Sony HT-ZF9 using eARC. I've got my Xbox...
  8. Weird sound delay bug on all audio formats (alpha-skip build)

in XboX Insiders
    Weird sound delay bug on all audio formats (alpha-skip build): Not sure if this is a new bug, known or even a xbox bug.. On the newest Alpha skip ahead build, using a Xbox series X. Got a new Samsung Q990b soundbar and wanted to test the Atmos delay on the...
  9. Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Delay - Xbox Series S + Dolby Atmos: After doing some research it seems like this is a known issue across all sound systems but I’ll post here so MS and Dolby can see. Whenever I try to play games on Xbox Series S with my VIZIO...
  10. Still a massive delay between audio and video when playing YouTube videos on latest Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Still a massive delay between audio and video when playing YouTube videos on latest Alpha...: Hi Team. I have just reported an issue about the huge delay between audio and video that I am experiencing when playing YouTube videos. The delay also appears to happen on the dashboard when...