Audio is not working and audio area is grayed out.

Discus and support Audio is not working and audio area is grayed out. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I press the xbox button and go to the little Audio & Music section at the bottom right, I cannot manage my sound. Every option (Headset volume,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M.Dpow, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. M.Dpow
    M.Dpow Guest

When I press the xbox button and go to the little Audio & Music section at the bottom right, I cannot manage my sound. Every option (Headset volume, Headset chat mixer, and mic monitoring) Is grayed out and is all the way down. I can hear my sound when
    it comes from my speaker, but not from any headset. It is not a controller or headset problem.

:)

2. M.Dpow Win User

Also, this happened after I tried to plug something into the USB port that didn't quiet fit. :|
  3. BamBamboozler Win User

Subwoofer only works for Blurays... not games or apps

Thanks for extra info!

Can you share all your audio settings you have set up on your Xbox One? What is the bitstream format you have set up? Let us know so we can best help you out :)
    I have My audio settings as

HDMI audio: 7.1 uncompressed

Optical audio: off

Bitstream format is grayed out

On my receiver I show PCM unless watching a bluray

My bluray settings are

Dolby digital dynamic range control auto and

Let my receiver decode audio
  4. BamBamboozler Win User

Thanks for extra info!

Can you share all your audio settings you have set up on your Xbox One? What is the bitstream format you have set up? Let us know so we can best help you out :)

My bluray settings are

5. BamBamboozler Win User

Thanks for extra info!

My bluray settings are

Also if I change it to bitstream out with dolby digital or DTS I still have no subwoofer output
  6. MedFlight Team Win User

ARC Channel Support

We have our audio set to "HDMI Audio 7.1 Uncompressed", our system is 7.1 and sounds great just worried about the lag caused by going through a receiver like the Panasonic manual recommended against because some receivers can add a few frames of lag. We
    also have Optical Audio OFF and the Bitstream Format is set grayed out.

The 24Hz is under Video settings not Audio settings and kinda surprised that would create lag in a multiplayer game, it shouldn't affect a game at all or at least that's what I would have thought.
Thema:

1. Audio is not working and audio area is grayed out. - Similar Threads - Audio working audio

2. Minecraft Windows 10 audio only working on one side

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 audio only working on one side: Only recently about 12/15/20 Minecraft Windows 10 gave me audio issues. I had the Logitech G Pro headset. I started Minecraft and I went into a server. When I was in there I noticed that I could...
  3. Series X Controller Audio Not Working With Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X Controller Audio Not Working With Windows 10: The title is fairly self-explanatory - my Series X controller only outputs audio from Windows 10 through the controller's 3.5mm jack when the controller is connected via USB C - this does not seem...
  4. Sonos audio not working with Dolby Atmos for Headset on

in XboX Insiders
    Sonos audio not working with Dolby Atmos for Headset on: Console was updated with the preview program this morning. I have a Samsung TV with a Sonos Beam using the ARC HDMI. The Xbox Series X is connected to the TV and audio was working before. Noticed...
  5. Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Not Working (party chat does, no game volume): I am not getting any audio through my controller when I plug in a headset. When I am in the xbox home screen or in a game, no audio comes to the headset, but I can hear my friends in the xbox...
  6. Headset Audio Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Not Working: About a week ago i started playing on my xbox again, but when i went to plug in my (Astros with the control center thingy) back into my controller to plug my keyboard/m in the audio won't work...
  7. What PRO Audio Interfaces and/ or DACs currently work on the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What PRO Audio Interfaces and/ or DACs currently work on the Xbox Series X?: What current DACs work with the Xbox Series X. My setup is AKG K702s (3.5 mm to mini XLR) FIIO E09K Headphone AMP FIIO DAC Mackie MR8's (Pair) The way I'm currently getting audio from my...
  8. Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Freezes, then won't launch, and audio on other games no longer works (Xbox Series X): So, this has been happening at least 1-2 times a week since purchase. While playing PvZ: Battle for Neighborville the game will sometimes completely freeze. Xbox is still responsive, I can to...
  9. Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Party Chat Audio Not Working: I have a Hyper X headset plugged directly into the controller. It works perfectly fine when using game chat, but I can't hear audio from other members while in party chat but they can hear me. Is...
  10. Chat mixer audio not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer audio not working.: I recently did an update firmware to my Turtle beach stealth 700 Gen 2 headset. Ever sinnce then, my chat volume has not worked. I've reset, shut down, disconnected headset, controller and made...