Audio issue

Discus and support Audio issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Have a new xbox one headset. We can hear friends but they can’t hear us.... please help 70d89c71-8644-42f9-b775-84312f6a69cc Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NoahClaydon, Apr 23, 2020.

1. NoahClaydon
    NoahClaydon Guest

Audio issue

Have a new xbox one headset. We can hear friends but they can’t hear us.... please help

:)

NoahClaydon, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Juan Stevens Win User

Audio Issues

You have everything set up fine. It seems the last update broke something with the surround sound. My 5.1 was working fine. It's really annoying because MS hasn't posted there's a problem. Sigh. Amazing how this wasn't found in testing.
  3. Mister Cizl Win User

Audio issue

Hey Nutella TM! What brand and model headset are you using currently? Which have you tested? Post back and let us know!
  4. Mister Cizl Win User

Audio issue

Hey Nutella TM! To troubleshoot, we usually recommend making the set up as simple as possible. Try removing the HDMI splitter and see if the issue sees any improvement. Post back and let us know how it goes!
  5. LayneLindsay Win User

Audio issue

G’day george! I removed the settop cable from the xbox, and there is now no sound coming from the Xbox at all when in a game. The Tv has only one HDMI cable, so I have the Settop box plugged into the Xbox and the Xbox plugged into the TV. But again, No
    sound coming from the Xbox at all
  6. Frathos Win User

Audio Issue

Sometimes my headset mic won't work in an Xbox party if I join it with the headset already plugged in. The mic usually works after I unplug and reconnect the headset to my Chatpad again.

If that doesn't work and a full power cycle also doesn't work then check to see if there is a firmware update that needs to be applied.

If all of the above doesn't work then unfortunately it appears that Microsoft has introduced an incompatibility between controllers and consoles that is impacting the 3.5mm headset jack on some Microsoft controllers.
    It is unknown how long it will take before they release an update to fix that issue.

The Microsoft stereo headset adapter is one possible workaround. Another workaround to the issue is the Microsoft Chatpad. While this may be a bit more expensive than the headset adapter, it has some added benefits:

• keyboard for easier typing in messages etc, can also be used as mappable controls for games like War Thunder
    • Built-in volume, game/party chat mixer adjustment

I know it's annoying to have to spend more money to fix an issue that is beyond your control however this will likely be the fastest way that you can resolve the issue at this time.

Good luck!
Thema:

Audio issue

1. Audio issue - Similar Threads - Audio issue

2. Issue with Gears 5 audio on PC, anyone else having this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Gears 5 audio on PC, anyone else having this issue?: I have recently been experiencing an audio issue on PC with Gears 5 where it cuts in and out about every 3-5 seconds. I have done some research and tried to configure the speakers MHz but i am not...
  3. Audio issue after wake up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issue after wake up: As asked before by others, audio glitches out of does not play after waking the xbox from sleep. I use always on because I don't like waiting for the xbox to cycle on. Things that fix the issue:...
  4. Xbox audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio issues: I keep getting this problem where my tv and headset volume seems to magically get quieter out of no where. I haven’t changed any setting and i have even factory restarted and just restarted...
  5. Xbox one stereo headset audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset audio issues: Recently bought the microsoft stereo headset because my turtle beaches broke, never had any problems with my turtle beaches but when i bought these i could see a major difference in audio quality,...
  6. Audio sync issues. Beta ring. Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio sync issues. Beta ring. Xbox One X.: I just submitted this issue from my console. I'm in beta ring. I just noticed on modern warfare and YouTube that the audio is out of sync. There have been no changes to any equipment or settings....
  7. Still having audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still having audio issues: I have been struggling to find a solution to the distorted audio on my xbox one for a few days now. Again this is not an issue with my headset nor the controller. I just checked the audio settings...
  8. Vampyr streaming audio issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vampyr streaming audio issue: So, I recently bought vampyre and was really excited to stream it. However the audio of the game is not being streamed (on twitch) audio from my headset is working and I dont have this problem on...
  9. Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them: I've a new enough headset that was working perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago. Now when I'm gaming I can't hear my friends anymore, they can hear me and I know that they are replying because...
  10. Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues: So I had installed the newest Ori game via the game pass and Metro last light onto my comp Via this app. After I had gotten into the driveable cart in metro the audio was nothing but fuzz and this...