Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update

Discus and support Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello! I recently joined the Xbox Insider Update Preview. I updated my console, and without even thinking, I also updated my older generation... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mvpeterson17, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update

Hello! I recently joined the Xbox Insider Update Preview. I updated my console, and without even thinking, I also updated my older generation controller when the screen detailing the update popped up. For whatever reason, the newer firmware on the Xbox Controllers doesn't work well with a game that I play (MLB The Show), so that's why I've been using an older controller. I was initially frustrated, but soon learned through research that I could thankfully revert my controller update. However, after I did this, there was no audio the headset plugged into the controller. The audio settings were visible when I tried to fix it, but I couldn't toggle anything. I tried updating my controller, and my audio worked. I tried reverting again, and it didn't work.

I've now come to the point where I backed out of the Xbox Insider Update Preview, reset my Xbox hoping it would fix the issue and this wasn't solely a controller bug, but my audio still doesn't work with the reverting controller firmware. I'm frustrated. I don't want to buy another old generation controller. Any fixes?

submitted by /u/Mvpeterson17
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mvpeterson17, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Josiah. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

If factory resetting your Xbox did not work, then you would need to wait until another update comes to the console or the controller and see if the issue persists. Do you have another headset to test if the issue persists on it?

Also, updating your controller firmware again did not help the audio? As you mentioned that with the new firmware the audio was not working only on MLB.

Waiting for your reply.
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumbstick adding split-screen to games

Yes, I did so with the same controller, through Bluetooth (no Wireless Adapter or cable) and played in offline mode, freeplay / training.

You can also try uninstalling / reinstalling the game to see if that forces an update/fix in the game. If not, if you believe the controller may be an issue you can try reverting the firmware to see if that helps. Here are the instructions on reverting controller firmware: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support
  4. CarlCarl3 Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

Worked for me, I had to Xbox assist > search controller had issues after update > revert firmware

All is good now, I have to still plug it in to the PC again like before for it to recognise we an elite controller though
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Elite controller series 2 bluetooth fails on pc

Great, thank you for your reply.

Did you update the controller on the Xbox console, or did you update it on the PC? The Firmware on the console is much higher than the PC, so the latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some older non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem.

On an Xbox Console:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Xbox Assist > Get Help > Help topics > Console & accessories > Controller > My controller has connection issues after the last update. Select Check controller firmware to open the controller firmware reversion screen in the Xbox Accessories app, then follow the instructions in the app.

Once you revert the firmware, try connecting to the PC again and see if it has the same issues.

You can now revert the firmware on a Windows 10 device as well: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support
  6. Thisguy23 Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

So they say that if you go back and revert the firmware it should fix it…

Please try reverting the firmware on your controller to the previous FW by following these steps on your Xbox console.

To do this, Navigate to My Games and Apps, > Apps > Xbox Assist > Articles > Console & Accessories > "My controller has connection issue after the last update" > Check controller firmware > Revert Firmware
Thema:

1. Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Reverting

2. Xbox audio issue *hardware related*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio issue *hardware related*: After experimenting with settings. Factory reset. New optical and hdmi cables and different headsets I've determined the processor that does the audio is broken. I've been dealing with very poor...
  3. Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Controller headset audio issues - Series X latest update: Following this latest update, I have audio distortion in party chat on any controller used. It has never been an issue prior. Reboots and unplugging the console have not worked. Reports submitted....
  4. Issues with VRR and audio lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with VRR and audio lag: I have been using monitors since Xbox 360 and am having an issue with a monitor that i recently purchased. The monitor is 1920x1080 and 165hz, which should be plenty for me to just run 120hz at...
  5. Issue with audio when enabling VRR?

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with audio when enabling VRR?: I have played on monitors all the way back to Xbox 360 and yesterday when purchasing a new monitor I ran into a new issue… I have a Series S and purchased a 1920x1080 165hz monitor just to run...
  6. Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues After Reverting Controller Update: Hello! I recently joined the Xbox Insider Update Preview. I updated my console, and without even thinking, I also updated my older generation controller when the screen detailing the update popped...
  7. Using remote play on my PC from my Series X and expiring audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using remote play on my PC from my Series X and expiring audio issues: Whenever I connect to my console from the Xbox app on my computer for remote play, I have terrible audio issues through my speakers and headphones. I updated my controller and messed around with...
  8. Audio issues one my Xbox one (not series s or x)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues one my Xbox one (not series s or x): My Xbox audio keeps completely going out or just glitches it’s not my headset because when I connect to Bluetooth on my phone it works fine I also have a wireless headset the turtle beach stealth...
  9. YouTube Audio audio out of sync issue within 15 seconds of any video

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Audio audio out of sync issue within 15 seconds of any video: Since the last alpha skip ahead build a few weeks ago I have had audio sync issues. Today things changed dramatically and I get out of sync in less than 15 seconds on every video launched. I hope...
  10. audio issues while streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    audio issues while streaming: Hi so ive been streaming recently and ran into an issue. Whenever I play games like fortnite apex legends or warzone my stream cant hear my game chat. I do play cross platform a lot as my friends...