Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset

Discus and support Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just bought an xbox one S and have noticed consistent, periodic sound issues. Setup: - Xbox one S - Controllers: Elite Controller (used previously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DummyCrash, Sep 6, 2016.

1. DummyCrash
    DummyCrash Guest

Just bought an xbox one S and have noticed consistent, periodic sound issues.

Setup:

- Xbox one S

- Controllers: Elite Controller (used previously on another xbox with no issues), white xbox one S controller

- Sound via Turtle Beach headset (used previously on another xbox with no issues)

Issues:

- Game audio (and likely other apps such as netflix) are crackly and "break-up" for durations

- When this occurs, people in my party say that my game chat is also crackly and broken

- This does not happen all the time, but when the xbox gets in this state, it will last for 10s of minutes if not longer. But there are also times when there are no audio issues for hours.

- When the issue occurs, I can connect my other controller and a backup headphone with the issue still being present. So I do not think it is a controller or headset issue.

Any thoughts on this?

:)

DummyCrash, Sep 6, 2016
  2. StrayElf
    StrayElf Guest
    Headset/chat question that needs answering

I have a Tritton AX 720 headset that I use for my Xbox One (plugged into the rear optical audio port). However, to receive chat audio that will allow me to talk too, it needs to be plugged into the controller via a cable.

My question is: if I get the Xbox One stereo headset adapter and connect the headset to it, will I still be able to get game audio via the optical cable? Or will it be forced into stereo mode because it's plugged into the adapter?

Thanks in advance.

StrayElf, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.

Burnin TODI, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

How to connect Logitech Z4 speakers to Xbox One S?

Another option would be to use a headset with your controller and listen to audio via the headset if you're using DVI. Unfortunately if you don't have an optical audio or receiver setup there wouldn't be a way for you to output to your Logitech speakers.
  6. MAGGIS010 Win User

Xbox One S Controller 3.5mm Headphone Jack, No sound whatsoever

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the audio issue! Which headset are you trying to use with your Xbox One S controller? Having those details will help us a bunch. In the meantime, I recommend consulting our

Xbox One Headset Compatibility
    page to make sure the headset/cable you're using is compatible. Be sure to check out the 'Standards for audio jacks' section!

Keep us posted!
    Same problem. After update software on Controller. No sound device, then connect via BT. And controller recognize as old xbox(2006yo)
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Audio cutting out issue

Hey there Ambitions VI,

Give this guide a shot for some help with troubleshooting audio on the console and see if it helps out. Troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console

Is your controller also fully up to date if you check? Is the audio issue happening when you're listening to audio through a headset or through the TV Speakers and which Headset are you using?

Let us know!
  8. c6618dd7-33e5-4d5c-9 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Win10 PC: No rumble or headset audio support?

Hey everyone,

Audio worked out of the box for me. A USB Audio Device appeared when I plugged the Stereo Headset adaptor into the controller AND plugged headphones into the adaptor.

This is using a standard Xbox One controller (i.e. not an elite) via the wireless adaptor with v20.24.34.491 drivers.
Thema:

1. Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset - Similar Threads - Audio Issues listening

2. 8m having issues from streaming from my console! Audio is not playing and it's hard to see...

in XboX Insiders
    8m having issues from streaming from my console! Audio is not playing and it's hard to see...: submitted by /u/Austineer5 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox mobile app on Android issue with audio and mic quality suddenly going bad when joining...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mobile app on Android issue with audio and mic quality suddenly going bad when joining...: I have tested this for hours now and this is the run down of the problem: Install Xbox app on phone. Google pixel 2 xl Connect wireless headphones with mic built in to phone. Works perfectly...
  4. Audio issues Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio issues Xbox (Beta) app for PC: I was trying to use my Arctis 7 headset(Wireless) and my friend(XBOX) was not able to hear me(PC). I tried disabling all other sound input devices to see if that would work to no avail. However...
  5. Xbox One X audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X audio issues: I'm having some very serious issues with audio on certain games. The audio will stutter and freeze, and sometimes completely cut out for a few seconds at a time. This issue only affects certain...
  6. Xbox Companion App Party/audio chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App Party/audio chat issues: So when I stream and play my xbox on my laptop it usually works fine. Although sometimes my xbox doesnt auto-sign in... If i stream to my laptop i usually have ny xbox controller plugged into my...
  7. Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos): Ok so the issue I've been having of late... Probably a couple months now actually, but anyways. I often game with a headset (have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 700, wired Hyper X Cloud II and...
  8. Elite Series 2 Turtle beach tac pro audio issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Turtle beach tac pro audio issue.: I purchased the Elite Series 2 controller and have been very impressed with it however today i have noticed that game audio still plays through my headset when the chat volume is all the way up,...
  9. Is audio delay a common issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is audio delay a common issue?: So I was playing a game when all of the sudden the audio went out of sync. So I turned it all off and on again, and even the Xbox menu was out of sync. I tried playing other games and all of them...
  10. Windows Xbox App Audio Issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Xbox App Audio Issues.: [IMG] Has anyone else got the sad face logo on the Windows Xbox audio settings? I've tried reinstalling the Game Bar, reinstalling the Xbox app and just about every other "fix" i can find on...