Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.

Discus and support Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an xbox1 S in November 2018. I also got an Astro A10 headset. After a few months the sound on the headset would cut out sporadically. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rb1013, Sep 16, 2019.

1. rb1013
    rb1013 Guest

I purchased an xbox1 S in November 2018. I also got an Astro A10 headset. After a few months the sound on the headset would cut out sporadically. I figured it was buggy head set, no big deal. I bought a Corsair
    brand headset and all was fine. Then it started happening again. Thinking then that it was the controller I purchased a brand new Microsoft brand controller. Same issues. Over this whole time first 2 headsets would work occasionally but always "short out"
    for lack of a better term.

One last attempt I bought some Recon 200 from Turtle beach. They worked on the original controller for a while, didn't work at all on the brand new one ever.

Now I have 3 headsets and 2 controllers that don't work with each other. I am not rough on my stuff at all, I don't rage and throw my headset or controller.

I thought at first I just got really unlucky. Then I started noticing little things like when I would play Overwatch the audio would cut out but only at one specific time, every single time. When I died and
    my kill cam started until my respawn the volume would cut out. It almost sounded like a short but it was from the game/console since it was replicated a bunch of times.

Are there any software bugs known for the audio/headset features of the xbox1? I have read that the 3.5mm jack on the controllers is known to be faulty, could it be possible I went 2/2 for junk controllers?

I am really kind of bummed, Ive spent a lot of money on the console and headsets and controllers, my fault I suppose but would like to research as much as possible before I spend anything else. I appreciate
    any input or advice. Thanks Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers. :)

*Edit* All three headsets work on multiple other devices. Pc, smartphone etc.

:)

rb1013, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Koods Win User

It's growing increasingly more common to see these sorts of issues, I'd surmise with the popularity of online games & people playing them much more frequently today than at any other time, headsets are being plugged in & unplugged more often and wearing
    the jack out. There are headset adaptors available which circumvent the 3.5mm port which for the majority of people do provide a workaround for the issue.
  3. MolotovFajita Win User

Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

Just got the same issue today, i have tried 2 controllers and 2 headsets, all combos play audio but dont send audio to my friends, the ring in party chart doesnt move when i talk
  4. Cylon-855338B5-5C5E- Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Here's my weirdness chronologically with the Turtle Beach X41:

XB1 plugged into the X41 base using optical, and X41 headset plugged into the controller via the adapter. Adapter/controller is updated and audio set to 5.1/DTS.

Issue # 1: I got no sound from my X41 base. The volume controls on my X41 base and headset did nothing. The resolution is noted below.

Issue # 2: When I joined a party, I only heard chat audio from the controller to the X41 headset - there was no game/menu audio and issue # 1 continued. The volume control on the wire between headset and controller worked though, which makes sense since
    only chat audio was coming from the controller and nothing from the X41 base. Additionally the game chat balance (left buttons on adapter) worked OPPOSITE to what they should!! Pressing the controller increased the chat audio and lowered the game audio!!
    When I went into Titanfall, the chat balance buttons flipped and started working correctly - Pressing the controller increased the game audio and lowered the chat audio. Bizarre!!

Resolution: I was able to solve the no audio issue by changing my audio output to Stereo on the XB1. I now get game audio and chat through the X41 headset, and can control the audio with all volume controls on my X41.

It is a horrible kluge. The sound is terrible and doesn't work correctly as it did on the 360. Now if I want to watch a Blu-ray in DTS, I have to change the audio settings, so there's this back-and-forth all the time. I probably won't spend a lot on headsets
    again, I can tell you that much!!
  5. R4VER Win User

Microsoft Rewards

Their current flip and win is a xbox one x sweepstake.

There is another for 2 white elite controllers, turtle beach elite pro 2 headset + audio system, 3 months xbox live as a bundle
  6. SpyShadow Win User

We are unable to find microphone for these players!

Hello are do your controllers have the built in audio jack or are you using an audio adapter to plug your headsets into the controllers? If it is the same audio adapter used on both controllers that might be the issue.
Thema:

1. Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers. - Similar Threads - Audio issues headsets

2. Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos): Ok so the issue I've been having of late... Probably a couple months now actually, but anyways. I often game with a headset (have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 700, wired Hyper X Cloud II and...
  3. Headset Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Issue: When I am in an xbox live party my game volume is too low and voice volume is too high to where I cant hear the game. I have my chat volume on the lowest setting and game volume on the highest. I...
  4. Issues with the Audio in the Headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Audio in the Headset.: Why they can’t fix the audio issues in the Dolby Atmos, I have the Dolby Atmos in headset and there’s so many pop up and issues with the audio, I have like a month with that. submitted by...
  5. Chat/Headset audio issues - Alpha Insider Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Chat/Headset audio issues - Alpha Insider Skip Ahead: This is still a problem after the latest Alpha Skip Ahead update 1910 and really needs to be a priority. I know I'm not the only one. I know we are 'testing' these builds for issues, but an issue...
  6. Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets: I bought the Razer Nari recently , as stated on their webpage . They said it is able to run with xbox by using the controller 3.5 mm jack , but when i tried plugging into the controller 3.5 mm...
  7. xbox one audio issue (headset dominance)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one audio issue (headset dominance): Hi all. I'm a new xbox one owner. I've so far played just a few gaming sessions (Halo 5 via live gold) with a friend in the UK (also an xbox one owner), and we have a problem. We've searched the...
  8. Headset Audio Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Issues: Hey all, I was hoping anybody here could give me a hand with some audio problems I've been having through my headset. I currently own a Logitech G633 wired headset and use a wired afterglow...
  9. Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset: Just bought an xbox one S and have noticed consistent, periodic sound issues. Setup: - Xbox one S - Controllers: Elite Controller (used previously on another xbox with no issues), white xbox...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Audio Issue: Today I bought a new Xbox One branded stereo headset and I'm having a slight issue with it, it only plays audio from one ear (the side where the mic is on). I have tried plugging it into other...