Audio issues with a brand new Xbox One controller

Discus and support Audio issues with a brand new Xbox One controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Xbox bundle, and not long after purchased a Razer microphone headset to play online with. One thing I noticed with my headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChloeO'D, Sep 16, 2020.

1. ChloeO'D
    ChloeO'D Guest

I recently bought a new Xbox bundle, and not long after purchased a Razer microphone headset to play online with. One thing I noticed with my headset is that every time its plugged in, after about three seconds a whining/static noise starts, and it can
    be heard also by whoever I'm in a party with. I tested the headset on an older Xbox One controller in my household, and had no issue. From that, I'm assuming the problem is my controller. Xbox support says I can't request a call for this issue. Any suggestions?

:)

ChloeO'D, Sep 16, 2020
  2. supjj Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

Same issue for me after Windows Anniversary Update.

I have found this only happens with the newer Xbox One controllers with the 3.5mm audio jack (both regular 3.5mm standard edition and the brand new white S version)

Playing Divinity - Original Sin Enhanced Edition had major issues with triggers as well as double inputs as everyone in this thread has talked about.

I hooked up my old Xbox One controllers without the 3.5mm audio jack and all was fine again.
  3. DerekMartin Win User

XBox One Chat issue, cant hear others in party audio nor can they hear me.

I went out and bought a brand new controller and after about 20min the headset chat audio stopped working so it's not the controllers.
  4. Zhadez Win User

Can’t speak through Xbox one headset

I had a similar issues with my wired headsets, which I just resolved yesterday. After re-updating the controller [an original controller at that]... endlessly... I could not get it to work. I am thinking it is a failed 3.5mm jack on the brand new Microsoft
    One Chatpad, that I purchase a little over a month ago. Typing on the pad still works.

The only way I found to resolve it, was to purchase one of the brand new Xbox One bluetooth wireless controllers, and plug the headset directly into the controller's 3.5mm jack. And, to use the Windows Sonic audio output. It is a horrible solution considering
    my "original" controllers were working perfectly up until then.

Good luck.
  5. Zhadez Win User

Xbox one Stereo Headset adapter quit working ob me

I had a similar issues, but with the wired headset. After re-updating the controller [an original controller at that]... endlessly... I could not get it to work.

The only way I found to resolve it, was to purchase one of the brand new Xbox One bluetooth wireless controllers, and plug the headset directly into the controller's 3.5mm jack (tossed the adapter). And, to use the Windows Sonic audio output. It's a horrible
    solution considering my original controllers were working perfectly up until then.

Good luck.
  6. Skeptikko Win User

XB1 Wired Stereo Headset/Adapter Sound Isseus After June Update

I swapped my Xbox One to brand new Playstation 4 two weeks ago largely because of this issue and bought Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 for it. I have the PS4 in exactly same place as Xbox One was and there is zero issues with the headset. No interruptions, cut-offs,
    crackling etc. Just crystal clear audio, not a single problem. I even returned my router to its former place (i had moved it because of Xbox headset audio issues) and switched on wlan (which again was turned off because Xbox audio issues) and guess what, no
    issues, nothing. Everything works. Also, the controller has not lost connection to console, not even once.

There has to be a hardware issue with Xbox One controllers / headsets. Someone messed up when designing wireless communication between console and controller, and now MS is not willing to admit that there is a issue. As said before, I find it unacceptable
    that such a simple basic thing cannot be done right. This is exprience ruining matter, no less.
Thema:

1. Audio issues with a brand new Xbox One controller - Similar Threads - Audio issues brand

2. Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games

in XboX Insiders
    Issue: Dolby Atmos lost audio each time with changed from Dashboard to Games: Hello, I’m using the Dolby Atmos with an external Soundbar. The issue is that by default I have an input lag only in Dolby Atmos, caused by the TV itself. I found a way to fix it by enabling...
  3. Video and Audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video and Audio issues: I have a xbox one and I have had no issues with video or audio. Recently I moved my xbox from my house to my girlfriends while I spent some time there. When i set it up last night, the screen had...
  4. Xbox One S Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Audio Issue: So my Xbox one when it’s on, not the tv the tv is fine. The quality isn’t all there and it’s kinda fuzzy like and it also cuts out every couple of seconds and goes staticky and makes a noise. I’ve...
  5. Audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues: So i havent changed any settings but the last week or so i cant have audio through my tv without having my headset plugged in. No specific game or anything, all games suffer woth the same issue....
  6. Mic audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic audio issue: Hello, the past week or so ive been having an audio issue with my mic only while playing fortnite. I have a voice chat only head set, and my problem is when im in a fortnite party chat, i hear my...
  7. Xbox GamePass PC Audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox GamePass PC Audio issues: For some reason, when I try to play certain games through the Xbox GamePass PC app, the game audio will play through my Rift headset, which is not my default, and other games will play through my...
  8. Voice chat, in game audio issues only with Xbox players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice chat, in game audio issues only with Xbox players: Suddenly am unable to hear/talk to other xbox players during games or chat. Can still communicate with ps4 players. Nat is open, crossplay enabled, updated controllers, tried different...
  9. PC/XBOX Party Chat Audio Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    PC/XBOX Party Chat Audio Issues: I have two friends who are unable to join a party chat together. Scenario: Xbox Friend and myself (XBOX) will be playing a game, in party chat, and no problems (i can hear him, he can hear...
  10. Xbox elite 2 controller Left analog and audio issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite 2 controller Left analog and audio issues: Hi So i just purchased xbox elite 2 controller. Returned the 1st one on my second one. I keep having same issues. Running it on windows 10 all updated. 1. No audio coming though my head set...