Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo

Discus and support Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my One S hooked up to Marantz AV-receiver with Atmos support. If I set audio output to HDMI, bitstream, and Atmos the sound works as it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HastyCeiling793, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo

I got my One S hooked up to Marantz AV-receiver with Atmos support. If I set audio output to HDMI, bitstream, and Atmos the sound works as it's supposed to. Problem is, every now and then Xbox changes audio output to stereo, all by itself. That's really,
    really annoying issue. I tried to google for it, and found first similar issue all the way from 2013.

Few posts suggested to power up amplifier before Xbox, but that didn't seem to work for me. Is this known issue, and is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks.

:)

HastyCeiling793, Dec 10, 2018
  2. HastyCeiling793 Win User

I first tried the hard reset and that didn't work. I now did the factory reset to see if that helps.

It strongly looks like setting changes when I turn the console off and on. It has never changed while the console was on!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset yet? This will rule out any technical issues with the software causing the setting to revert back to stereo:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
    . Make sure you have your account login information available since you will need it during the reset.

Does the setting change while you have the Xbox on and using it, or does it revert when you turn off the Xbox and it's changed when it comes back on?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
  4. HastyCeiling793 Win User

I have Xbox, AV-receiver and projector at my setup. Like I said at the first post, I have tried both powering Xbox before receiver and Xbox after after receiver, didn't make a difference. I can't recall when I usually power up the projector
    since I thought it didn't make a difference since receiver is sending only video to it.
  5. HastyCeiling793 Win User

OK, thanks for the tip! I'll try this, and see if it helps!
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Ceiling thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to add a bit more information to the great advice provided by both our Ambassadors and XBFs, after the console is reset to factory settings it will ask if the settings want to be kept or manual setup, please do manual setup to minimize the variables
    of the initial issue. Let us know how it goes!
Thema:

1. Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo - Similar Threads - Audio output changes

2. Audio output to home audio receivers

in XboX Insiders
    Audio output to home audio receivers: Will xbox one and series x finally get a patch to fix known issues with audio output to home av receivers. The largest issue is the dropped audio. The xbox for some unknown reason stops sending...
  3. X1 X audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1 X audio output settings: Hello, I have a problem I can't solve by myself. I have Xbox one X, Samsung TV (Q60 series), and recently I have bought a Samsung soundbar (Q60 series). Based on the specification soundbar has...
  4. Audio output to two destinations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output to two destinations: Hello I have an Xbox One X which is connected to a BenQ projector by HDMI, via a Sky sound bar. So the HDMI goes to the sound bar and then another HDMI goes from the sound bar to projector. All...
  5. Audio bug across anything that outputs 5.1 or higher

in XboX Insiders
    Audio bug across anything that outputs 5.1 or higher: I’ve noticed since the most recent update that all audio on my Xbox One X, particularly from streaming apps, is significantly reduced. Did some research and figured out that this is because that...
  6. Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever

in XboX Insiders
    Suddenly I'm Getting No Audio Output Whatsoever: I turned on my console today (Xbox One X) and i noticed there was no sound. I restarted my Xbox to no avail. I then restarted my soundbar (Samsung N950), but no luck. I restarted my TV as well (LG...
  7. Audio output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output: Hello , I need technical help please I HAVE XBOX ONE I wanna hear voice chat through 2 outputs 1 headset 2 Tv I go settings >> Audio >> party output >> I CHANGE TO Headset & Speakers...
  8. Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Party Chat Not Outputting Through Main Audio Device Windows 10: Hello, I have been having a problem when using Xbox Voice Chat On My Windows 10 PC. First of all, so you can better understand the problem I will describe my current audio setup. I have A...
  9. Xbox One Controller: Low Audio Output through 3.5mm Jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller: Low Audio Output through 3.5mm Jack: I recently bought a second xbox one controller. When I plug my mic into the new controller the audio output is ~25% the total volume of my old controller. I'm thinking its a hardware problem as...
  10. How about adding the ability to change our audio outputs??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How about adding the ability to change our audio outputs??: I would imagine this has been discussed, but I don't know for sure. I think the ability to change the audio outputs within the app would be great. If I could have the option to have my Xbox App...