Audio output preference now being synced?

Discus and support Audio output preference now being synced? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have 2 systems on the alpha skip ahead, one a XsX and the other being a One S. They both use different settings for audio output but lately (and I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ahigee, Sep 21, 2021.

1. /u/ahigee
    /u/ahigee Guest

I have 2 systems on the alpha skip ahead, one a XsX and the other being a One S. They both use different settings for audio output but lately (and I can't say which build it started on) the audio settings from the XsX keeping getting synced to the One S and it makes the optical output change to disabled. If this is a new feature, can I turn this sync option off specifically or can this item syncing be turned off period? It doesn't make much sense to sync audio output settings to different TVs so I hope it's not that.

submitted by /u/ahigee
    [link] [comments]

/u/ahigee, Sep 21, 2021
  2. julosjc Win User

Game master chief collection

Hi there, make sure your audio is set to the preferred output in settings
  3. UniTomTato Win User

Headset not playing sound

When I go to setting my options are general, account, system, devices and streaming, preferences, ease of access.

And optical audio is not an option in the general>volume and audio output settings
  4. daneel1954 Win User

HD Benefits......

Just adding to Juxtapose13; the audio also changes, not by the cables, but by the differences in processing inputs/outputs. It is probable that his 'turtle beaches' sound quality changes with input/output changes and his tastes prefer one over the other.
    My Sony TV has a noticeable change from DVI + Audio to HDMI and I'm hard of hearing!
  5. Fuzzynavel-3E9E8D22- Win User

Differences between HDMI DTS and Uncompressed 5.1 Audio Options XB1

In theory PCM uncompressed can give you a pure audio without the need to compress the audio to a core dolby digital or DTS sound codec. DTS is a form of audio compress audio codec. I don't believe the any game has been encoded with a lossless audio. The
    xbox is doing all the audio decoding and you can choose what it outputs.

For Games: DTS or uncompressed should be the same audio with little to no difference.

I have tested both and I actually prefer the DTS output due to it being slightly louder.

If game developers start to make games with lossless sound like on most blu-ray disk then switching to the lossless setting would be the way to go.

For Blu-ray: uncompressed is the way to go, most blu-ray movies are encoded with either DTS HD-master or Dolby TrueHD. The xbox is doing all the decoding on the system chip and is out putting as a PCM to a capable receiver.

Now there are some problems with this and I hope microsoft addresses this in a future upgrade.
  6. Danno McK. Win User

Using SPDIF and HDMI Simultaneously

[quote user="Atropos0"]I'm trying to set up my Xbox to use HDMI and SPDIF at the same time. I don't want the audio to output through the HDMI, because then it just uses the monitor speakers. Is there any way to output audio through SPDIF while using HDMI?[/quote]

Turn the volume on the monitor to 0, as I do with my TV if I'm using the optical audio being output to my receiver. You can't disable the HDMI audio.
Thema:

1. Audio output preference now being synced? - Similar Threads - Audio output preference

2. Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to disable sound via HDMI Output in Volume and audio output: So after sending my Xbox Series X off for a warrenty repair, per the first person I talked too, my Xbox One S started having the same issue, so I messaged support again, and after a few...
  3. does the chromium edge audio output possible to output to headset ? thx

in XboX Insiders
    does the chromium edge audio output possible to output to headset ? thx: does the chromium edge audio output possible to output to headset ? thx submitted by /u/kocoman [link] [comments]
  4. Gamebar-recorded videos have choppy sound if the audio output is from an add-on sound card

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar-recorded videos have choppy sound if the audio output is from an add-on sound card: Dear Experts, I wanted to upgrade my commentary and gaming audio so I bought a soundblaster Audigy FX 5.1 card and had it inserted into the mainboard. After doing this the problem I have is when...
  5. Audio output help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio output help please: Hey, I want the audio to come through my headset and not the tv so when I play late at night I can hear it properly. I’ve changed the relevant settings needed as below... party chat output -...
  6. Can my xbox pc dongle output audio to multiple xbox controllers 3.5 mm jack?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can my xbox pc dongle output audio to multiple xbox controllers 3.5 mm jack?: I cannot get this to work. I found another thread where this question was asked but never resolved. Like the op of that thread mentioned - it will only output to one of my xbox controllers. What...
  7. No audio output from the system?

in XboX Insiders
    No audio output from the system?: After the latest update, i don't have any Audio Output from my Xbox One (Only in the boot screen), but then it's totally silent... I tried Hard Resetting but nothing submitted by /u/rioit_...
  8. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  9. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  10. Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio output settings - Xbox app for PC sends game chat audio to wrong device: Hello - trying to troubleshoot an audio issue in my setup, using Xbox app for Windows 10 PC. I have two different sound cards - one is my Realtek motherboard audio, and the second is a...