Audio output problems

Discus and support Audio output problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I currently have a Samsung sound bar connected to a Westinghouse T.V. Up until this point neither have given me a problem. As it stands right now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eleniatari, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Eleniatari
    Eleniatari Guest

Audio output problems

I currently have a Samsung sound bar connected to a Westinghouse T.V. Up until this point neither have given me a problem. As it stands right now neither option in DTS or DD will allow me to use my soundbar. I have tried to go through the T.V. with my optical
    out, and from the xbox one directly. Neither of this produces sound. I purchased it the 17th which is supposedly after this patch that fixed DD. I got all said upgrades, yet the 360 and PS3 both will output sound properly to the soundbar. Any ideas/help?

:)

Eleniatari, Mar 18, 2014
  2. I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.

Paraffin Alien, Mar 18, 2014
  3. Stereo sound for Xbox One

There are a few options to get audio output to RCA (red & white) speakers with the Xbox One.

- If your HDTV has an audio output port for external speakers, usually in the form of a 3.5mm jack or separate RCA outputs, you can configure your TV to disable the built-in speakers and output all audio to what's connected to that output.

- Xbox One has an optical port for digital audio output. Personally, that's how I get my audio going to my soundbar. If your speaker system has an optical port, you might be in luck.

- There are various, specialized adapters you can get online, like HDMI-in to HDMI-out (video) + RCA (audio).

Hope this helps!

Internet Expert, Mar 18, 2014
  4. DominumStige Win User

Headset OK but not working on Xbox One S

Hi!

It seems a problem with audio output. Check the audio settings, go to: "Settings"->"Volume"->"Party Chat Output" and select "Headset".
  5. foxior(2) Win User

Audio output problem

What you need to do is to change Display Discovery settings. This happens sometimes for no reason, it works and then it stops.

So from the dashboard, go to Settings -> System -> Console Settings -> Display -> Display Discovery

Then toggle the setting. If it's enabled, disable it or vice versa.

This should resolve your issue.
  6. MattSTKC Win User

Audio output problem

Ok so you're getting audio from other sources on your TV? Try resetting your audio settings -

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Console Settings, and then select Audio.

Select Digital Output, and then select the digital output used by your audio system:

Digital Stereo

Dolby Digital 5.1

Dolby Digital with WMA Pro: This setting enables WMA Pro pass-through if your receiver supports the WMA Pro format.

If not, try a different HDMI port
  7. ECHO OF SANIITY Win User

Audio output problem

The audio is working through my tritton but not tv
  8. ECHO OF SANIITY Win User

Audio output problem

I tried it but still nothing. Switched the hdmi. Go back to my component and still nothing
Thema:

Audio output problems

1. Audio output problems - Similar Threads - Audio output problems

2. Audio Output on Xbox One Controller Stopped Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Output on Xbox One Controller Stopped Working: After about 9 months of use, the audio output to headphones on one on my xbox one controllers stopped working. The headphones work fine on my other controllers. The controller is up to date. Any...
  3. Xbox One S has no audio output via output jack on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no audio output via output jack on controller: I have four controllers and none of them work with three different headsets. All three headsets work perfectly when plugged into anything other than the controller. All three headset have worked...
  4. What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the sampling rate of Xbox One optical audio output ?: As xbox do not support usb audio output, I can only turn to optical audio. But the DAC I have can only decode 44khz accuratly. So I wanna know the sampling rate of Xbox....
  5. Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works: My brother's Xbox one S (Bought new last April) has stopped working. The audio output to headsets doesn't work and Microsoft support pages have gotten us nowhere. We have restarted the console...
  6. Xbox headset not outputting audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not outputting audio: So I just bought a LVL 1 Chat Headset but when I plug it in my controller, I couldn't hear anything. I started a party to check if the mic works. Turn out it works. I tried looking at videos but...
  7. Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo: I got my One S hooked up to Marantz AV-receiver with Atmos support. If I set audio output to HDMI, bitstream, and Atmos the sound works as it's supposed to. Problem is, every now and then Xbox...
  8. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  9. Party Chat Audio Output Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat Audio Output Problem: When I am in a party if often happens that I cant suddenly hear the other players anymore. Usually I hear them like normal, but then suddenly - I dont know why - I cant. The Indicator in the...
  10. Problem with audio in output from the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with audio in output from the console: This evening turning on the xbox, by connetting the headphones at the joypad, i feel the game audio but the audio chat there isn't, console report the message "no match microphone" but they work...