Audio Passthrough on Plex

Discus and support Audio Passthrough on Plex in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does Microsoft actively block full audio passthrough for DTS-HD or TrueHD codecs on Plex app for Xbox One (X)? Nvidia Shield does it, even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by QuarkSolution, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Audio Passthrough on Plex

Why does Microsoft actively block full audio passthrough for DTS-HD or TrueHD codecs on Plex app for Xbox One (X)? Nvidia Shield does it, even Raspberry Pi 4 can do it with LibreELEC! Plex developers (however disconnected they might be from the community)
    mentioned in numerous threads that Microsoft doesn't allow full audio passthrough for all codecs because they want menu sounds and stuff integrated in the apps, and only one app in Xbox ecosystem is allowed full audio passthrough and that is the native Media
    Player app. Plex at its core is a media player; users don't want to hear menu sounds while watching a movie with TrueHD 7.1 surround sound. If I pay for an expensive AVR, and an expensive console that advertises itself as an "all-in-one" media player, I expect
    to have basic functionalities like full audio passthrough. This is terrible otherwise.

:)

QuarkSolution, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

I think about that, was be greate if we can use TrueHD but we need know with the Microsoft can have your motive to don't give this in Stream system, maybe the MS don't have the copyright sometimes to turn disponible sometimes
  3. QuarkSolution Win User

That's a terrible excuse that doesn't even touch the topic at hand tangentially. I own the disc based media having bought it at store. And I want the convenience of not having to carry the said media when I travel. Imagine flying with a bunch of disks when
    you visit your sibling. We both own AVR and Xbox One X and a pretty good Dolby Atmos setup. But we'll be stuck to what we've planned to watch before I got on the plane. Moreover, with Plex, I won't have to flip through my Blu-ray collection just to find one
    movie when I want to chill, I can just search it on my Plex.

I realize this seems like a first-world-problem, but it is a legitimate one. Microsoft shouldn't be in the business of moral policing with their console products; just like how they aren't with their PC's.
  4. IRB Win User

It would certainly be good to see this feature added.

However there is probably a reason it isn't available yet.

DTS-HD and TrueHD I believe are usually only found on disc based media and not on digital downloads so it is probably offered only via the disc drive as there isn't a "legitimate" way of having a digital movie with these formats. Just a thought.
  5. Theburntman Win User

Audio Passthrough

They will acknowledge the issues when the PS4 sends this console to the junk yard if they don't start adding the simplest of functions. It's ridiculous. Already darn near got the HDD over half full from the 10 games I have. And no, I'm not gonna uninstall
    them and reinstall when I get a urge to play them either.
  6. Theburntman Win User

Audio Passthrough

Yeah, I also noticed my cable box looked blurry through the xbox. so I don't even bother to use it for that. I would if I could still watch my cable box without it being on with a HDMI pass through.
Thema:

1. Audio Passthrough on Plex - Similar Threads - Audio Passthrough Plex

2. Xbox one game audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one game audio issues: Good morning ladies and gentlemen i just bought the original Saints row from Xbox online cranked it up and noticed that the ingame audio is not working where it should how can I fix this? I just...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller - Connected to PC won't play audio: My xbox controller is connected to my PC through the wireless USB thing, it has been working fine since I got it about 6 months ago. My controller died yesterday (for some reason the light stayed...
  4. USB audio interface

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB audio interface: Why can't I use USB audio interface. I don't have the money to buy gaming headset I have Audio technical M40x and it is plug into my audio interface. Also I have a condenser mic which also is plug...
  5. Audio passthrough on xbox one s controller windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio passthrough on xbox one s controller windows 10: Hi guys I am trying to get audio through my Xbox one s controllers audio jack, this is connected over USB to a windows 10 laptop. Unfortunately this is not coming up as an audio device. The...
  6. DCX3510-M Audio/Video Sync / Passthrough issues with XBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DCX3510-M Audio/Video Sync / Passthrough issues with XBox One: I just received a new cable box (DCX3510-M) from Time Warner after a recent firmware update fried my old one. The technician hooked it up directly to my tv and that was working fine but when I run...
  7. Video + Audio Freeze on cable tv passthrough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video + Audio Freeze on cable tv passthrough: my audio and video freeze for 10-15 seconds off and on repeatedly when i try to watch tv with my cable passing through the xbox one. This just started today and has not been an issue since...
  8. Xbox One OTA USB TV Tuner does not passthrough 5.1 Audio from TV stations w/ verified 5.1 Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One OTA USB TV Tuner does not passthrough 5.1 Audio from TV stations w/ verified 5.1 Audio: The Xbox One USB TV Tuner doesn't seem to be able to passthrough 5.1 audio from tuned in channels. It only outputs Stereo from all TV channels (this outputted as 5.1 w/ only the front left and...
  9. Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough: I have a Dennon AVR3313 that supports both DTS / DD. When I play my DirectTV receiver via TV passthrough I cannot get the center channel to play. I have tried every setting on my receiver (yes...
  10. Audio Passthrough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Passthrough: Does anyone know yet, whether or not MS are working on providing an update that allows full audio passthrough of DTS-HD /True-HD to a receiver? I know you can output in 7.1 PCM but I have a...