Audio Settings

Discus and support Audio Settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I got on and my audio seemed louder than usual. I went to check the audio mixer and it was up so I tried to turn it down, but after I backed out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HikeClue, Feb 15, 2020.

1. HikeClue
    HikeClue Guest

Audio Settings

Today I got on and my audio seemed louder than usual. I went to check the audio mixer and it was up so I tried to turn it down, but after I backed out of the slider menu it just went back to the same volume as before. Does anyone know of this issue? I
    have searched around but no one seems to know about it.

:)

HikeClue, Feb 15, 2020
  2. d3monkid12 Win User

Audio settings

i don't have any extra hardware for my audio set up,ci just have the tv. which is a vizio V655-G9. on the box it says it has dolby audio and dts studio sound 2 built in. i don't know about all that bit stream stuff. i did look in the system info in my
    tv menu but only thing i can tell that it says about audio is that it says dolby audio. thanks for any help, sorry if i didn't provide relevant information.
  3. Villarino Win User

Audio settings

Hello D3mondkid12! Dolby Digital is a system that designates 2.0 up to 5.1 or more channels where the speakers are arranged horizontally (designations include Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital
    Plus) Dolby TrueHD is the next step but the speakers are still arranged horizontally.

Dolby Atmos is a system where speakers are arranged both horizontally and vertically. Examples include 3.1.2, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4. The first number is the number of horizontal speakers, the second number
    is the subwoofer, and the third number is the number of vertical speakers (vertical speakers can be placed on the ceiling or pointing up from the top of the horizontal speakers). Dolby Atmos information can be encoded within a Dolby True HD signal - if you
    have a Dolby Atmos Blu-ray and your receiver doesn’t feature Dolby Atmos decoding, it will default to Dolby TrueHD, Hope it helps!
  4. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Audio Settings

While this is more of a question than a discussion, you might want to try other things before doing a hard reset {Parity}'s suggestion. While that does not hurt, it is likely not your problem.

Do you have any other audio type devices attached? I, for instance, use my phone as a remote. I once had laid it down to where the volume button was getting clicked and kept muting the game! The other could be a problem with headsets. Looking for peripherals
    that could interact is a good start.

Write back and let us know more details, please or if you fixed it an how. We love to help.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Audio settings

Ok thanks for the info, but I think it confused me more. Let me explain why I'm asking.

My TV has (this what it says on box) Dolby audio with DTS studio sound 2. I'm just trying to get the best setup out of it that I can. Not sure why but I can't hear team mates on some games and I want to make sure that my audio settings are correct.

Thanks again for any info.
    If using Bitstream out, In Settings>Display+Sound>Audio output choose DTS digital surround.

Without more detail of your setup it's hard to advise.

I use ARC >AV Receiver 5.1>XB1X>4K UHD TV

Choosing audio
  6. BigBuddha23 Win User

Audio settings

I was going to explain it but the post above ^^, explains it far better than i could 😂
Thema:

Audio Settings

1. Audio Settings - Similar Threads - Audio Settings

2. Xbox Game Bar Audio Setting not working/updating

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Audio Setting not working/updating: https://i.imgur.com/GOE7cT7.png When I screenshot this I had Google Chrome/Youtube, Spotify and Sea of Thieves running. None of them showed up and my overall volume does not change when I slide...
  3. Settings. Moving audio to profile was a mistake

in XboX Insiders
    Settings. Moving audio to profile was a mistake: Audio settings needs to move back to where it was. I just accidentally signed myself out because of the placement of where sign out and the audio settings being just below it. submitted by...
  4. I am thinking that Xbox should add a mic and audio setting click for details

in XboX Insiders
    I am thinking that Xbox should add a mic and audio setting click for details: See when I play Xbox I love running my stealth 700 turtle beaches for the audio but my problem is that I people can’t really hear me through my mic and I know a way that can be fixed I been...
  5. Xbox One X Speaker Audio Settings Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Speaker Audio Settings Issue: Current setup: Xbox One X (via HDMI) -> Samsung 4K TV (via Optical) -> Bose Soundbar 700 Hello All, I recently switched TVs. Everything seems to be working great expect I cannot get my Samsung...
  6. Audio settings don't show up when using chatpad.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio settings don't show up when using chatpad.: I haven't chatted with others players online in many months but I noticed yesterday that when connected to the chatpad the audio settings that used to show up under settings no longer do. It will...
  7. Audio issue from Set Top Box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issue from Set Top Box: Hey there, I realise theres a few topics on this already, but none cover the issue I’m having. I’m suffering audio, uh, lag? Thing is the image is actually faster than the audio. So its not like...
  8. Xbox One X Audio settings - stereo uncompressed or bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Audio settings - stereo uncompressed or bitstream: Hi, apologies I'm not particularly well versed in regards to stereo uncompressed and bitstream. My setup is Xbox one x > LG 4k TV > Yamaha YAS-207 Soundbar. All via HDMI (with arc). My audio...
  9. Xbox One - constantly changing audio settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - constantly changing audio settings: Hi, thanks in advanced for taking the time to reply. I have a Samsung N950 soundbar with Xbox One as my primary streaming device and I am having problems with audio in Netflix. Netflix - To get...
  10. No audio coming through head set.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio coming through head set.: No audio coming through head set. Bought new headset and still no audio. Struggling with it been in all settings and watched no end of you tube videos but can't seem to get it to work. What am I...