Audio sound for headset

Discus and support Audio sound for headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i came on my xbox joined a party and it wasnt letting me talk. I wasnt communication banned. It wouldnt let me hear any party chat but i could hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Howl Remix, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Howl Remix
    Howl Remix Guest

Audio sound for headset

so i came on my xbox joined a party and it wasnt letting me talk. I wasnt communication banned. It wouldnt let me hear any party chat but i could hear game chat. So i went and brought a new mic and now its allowing me to hear game and party chat but isnt
    allowing me to speak and i dont know why. Can anyone help me please?

:)

Howl Remix, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Shevuaz Win User

My game has no sound...

Thx for the answer!

Does your monitor have built in speakers?

Nope

Do you have a headset you can try to see if you get sound that way?

I'm always using a headset and I've tried different ones on different controllers. The sound still works when you are not running any game or app. but as soon a game starts there is no sound.

What are your actual settings for audio?

Speaker audio:

HDMI audio - Headset format

Optical audio - Headset format

Bitstream format - Off

Headset audio:

Headset format - Windows Sonic for Headphones

Using HDMI or optica audio headset, not checked = no

Then it says:

"All audio is optimised for headsets right now. Once you unplug your headset, it'll go back to normal."
  3. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

I'm talking about plugging in any stereo headset (like earplugs) to listen to all game audio instead of outputting it through your TV. The Wii U does this with their GamePad (you can play in off TV mode and listen to the audio). The sound quality is awesome.
    I've heard the PS4 will let you plug in a stereo headset and output all game audio (sounds, music) to the headset in 2.1 sound. Will the Xbox One allow the same thing?
  4. Razza12003 Win User

Turtle Beach+HDMI

Yeah I have the same set up, hdmi connected to the tv which provides the TV with both picture and sound and then the turtle beach connected to the xbox audio adapter to supply the headset with sound.... So yes with this set up, both the tv and the headset
    receive audio :)
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

audio button

Hi Deathstroke,

The audio button does not show up for all headsets. Mainly the ones it will not show up for are third party headsets. For example, I have two different ear buds I use. One shows up with audio, the other does not and they both work in my controller. If you
    are unable to hear any sound, go to the Xbox settings under display and sound select audio output headset audio set to stereo uncompressed, along with HDMI and Optical audio. Under Volume make sure the party chat is set to headset. Other than this there is
    no other options except updating controller with headset plugged in. Here is guide for

troubleshooting headsets

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Audio sound for headset

1. Audio sound for headset - Similar Threads - Audio sound headset

2. How should I set my audio settings to get the best quality sound from my headphones

in XBoX Accessibility
    How should I set my audio settings to get the best quality sound from my headphones: I have a Xbox one s and when playing fortnite I use my headset how should I set my audio to get the best quality sound using my headphones? A fortnite friend me said something about setting my...
  3. [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad: Hi, I am always listening music and playing games in my headset. It is very annoying for me when after wake up gamepad is no sound in the headset. For restoring sound in the headset I should...
  4. Sound/audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound/audio: Hello,I play for Fortnite and when I play I can only hear my teammates talk but not the sound of the game. What should I do? bdac9310-763e-4884-94bd-447f947896a5
  5. Loud audio chopping sound in Xbox app for W10 party

in XBoX on Windows
    Loud audio chopping sound in Xbox app for W10 party: When I use the Xbox app for Windows 10 to connect to a party, all other members of the party hear a very loud static sound. They can hear me and I can hear them, but the sound makes the connection...
  6. Headset no Xbox sem áudio e sem som do microfone (Xbox headset with no audio and no sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no Xbox sem áudio e sem som do microfone (Xbox headset with no audio and no sound...: Ha alguns dias estou tendo problemas com meu som no headset e meu áudio do microfone, eles simplesmente param de funcionar depois de algum tempo de jogo em party, meu fone (HyperX Cloud stinger) e...
  7. No headset audio, although everything indicates I should have sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No headset audio, although everything indicates I should have sound.: I have Dolby Atmos audio through my LG soundbar connected to my LG TV via the HDMI ARC input. The Xbox is connected via HDMI to the LG TV with the sound output settings on Bitstream and Dolby...
  8. New Controller Headset Quiet/ No Audio/Sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Controller Headset Quiet/ No Audio/Sound: I have two old Xbox controllers w/ 3.5mm jacks (One Halo 5 edition, one S). When I have a headset plugged in to them, audio is normal, I can hear loud and clear. I recently bought a new S...
  9. Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset: Hi guys, All of a sudden I haven't been able to hear my game audio or the sounds the xbox makes when you toggle between options in the menu through my headset. I can hear and talk in parties...
  10. Controller Cuts Out Headset/Headphone Audio, Because of Certain In-Game Sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Cuts Out Headset/Headphone Audio, Because of Certain In-Game Sounds: Whenever I play a game with a headset, or headphones on and certain sounds occur in-game, the audio will cut out for about half a second, every single time. This is a problem with the controller...