Authenticator App

Discus and support Authenticator App in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account locked due to this idiotic Authenticator App. Tried to reset password, but in order to do so, you need this A-App to provide a code.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shughes305125425125, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Authenticator App

My account locked due to this idiotic Authenticator App. Tried to reset password, but in order to do so, you need this A-App to provide a code. However, I am able get the code because I cannot add the account to my A-App. Therefore, impossible to reset
    the account password and Microsoft just sits back and says "your fault,
    because you setup the two step authenticator app, there is nothing we can do". Everything lost. Whoever at Microsoft set this up should be fired, never employed again, complete moron with no lateral thinking ability. Account locked, never to be accessed
    again. Is that logical Microsoft? No. Will you do anything to help, No. Do you recognize the flaw in this two step authentication? No, and will not fix it. Shocking

:)

Shughes305125425125, Feb 3, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

2fa

Enable 2FA fortnite

To opt into Two-Factor Authentication:

1. In your ACCOUNT Settings, click on the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab to view your security settings.
    2. At the bottom of the page, under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION heading, click to ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION as your two-factor method.
    If you prefer to use an authenticator app for two-step verification, here are a few common authenticator apps that can be found in your mobile device app store:

• Google Authenticator
    • LastPass Authenticator
    • Microsoft Authenticator
    • Authy
    Keep your account safe and remember, Epic employees will never ask for your password!
  3. slackadelic Win User

Authenticator App

Well, I wouldn't say they are idiots honestly. They are following security best practices to help prevent social engineering. They are really trying to protect you :)

Good Luck!
  4. Shughes305125425125 Win User

Authenticator App

Thanks, but that is not an option, I have looked into this. Spoke to Microsoft rep, zero assistance, blames it on me. The issue here is, Microsoft have not thought about this logically, the implementation of this security feature is flawed and should
    include another step to allow people to communicate directly to a Microsoft rep in order to resolve the issue. Which is not possible, because I have tried.
  5. slackadelic Win User

Authenticator App

The app isn't always necessary to confirm your identity. You can use an alternate email address to verify you are you.

See the FAQ here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-how-to-use-two-step-verification
  6. Shughes305125425125 Win User

Authenticator App

Thanks, but I would disagree. If I ran my business like that, we would lose every customer. Regardless, I appreciate your comments.
Thema:

Authenticator App

1. Authenticator App - Similar Threads - Authenticator App

2. Additional authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication: Can someone please tell me how to fix it bcd60911-7bbc-4f29-a0b1-f6c805b0a0a8
  3. Unable to authenticate user

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to authenticate user: I’m having problems with two games in particular. Path of exile/call of duty war zone. The games launch fine and start up but in POE‘s case it connects to the server and then tries to authenticate...
  4. Authenticate to Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Authenticate to Microsoft Account: I am playing Minecraft Bedrock edition on my Xbox One, and recently have had issues with being logged out of my Xbox Live account while mid-game, and I get an error message that pops up saying...
  5. (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...: Since the announcement of E3 i have been trying to sign into the new Xbox (beta) app on my windows desktop. and no matter what i do i get: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication...
  6. Signing in on my Xbox one using Microsoft Authenticator app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Signing in on my Xbox one using Microsoft Authenticator app: Can sign in on my Xbox one using the Microsoft Authenticator app? 0815914c-b0e8-44f8-b253-7582bb40ad22
  7. Authenticator app Security Code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Authenticator app Security Code?: I have recently signed out of an account with a game on your platform. The Game was "Fortnite" and i had a seperate account called an "Epic account". The game was made by Epic Games but when i...
  8. Xbox One app for iOS Crashes during authentication on iOS 9.3.5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One app for iOS Crashes during authentication on iOS 9.3.5: Latest version of iOS fixing exploits has caused incompatibility issues with the Xbox one app and it crashes on launch. Deleting and reinstalling does not fix the issue. Changing time format to...
  9. HBO Now app on Xbox 360 got stuck on Authenticating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HBO Now app on Xbox 360 got stuck on Authenticating: my HBO Now app on Xbox 360 got stuck on Authenticating screen...what can I do? f934894d-f9da-4c41-a0a3-556a92151ecc
  10. Proxy Authentication in App Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Proxy Authentication in App Xbox: Hi! I am having trouble connecting the Xbox App on my network with proxy. I need to authenticate with username and password, but this option does not appear in the App and have no way to...