Auto button mapping/controller configure swap per game on the XBox

Discus and support Auto button mapping/controller configure swap per game on the XBox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So am I the only one that has different controller setups for most of there games? I'd like if when I swap games it would just ask if I want it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PaddingtonBaar, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Auto button mapping/controller configure swap per game on the XBox

So am I the only one that has different controller setups for most of there games?

I'd like if when I swap games it would just ask if I want it swapping to the settings I use for that game last time I played or ones that I have linked to that game.

The configure system is great but if I make a configuration in a game let me link it to that game so it selects it automatically when the game starts

submitted by /u/PaddingtonBaar
    [link] [comments]

/u/PaddingtonBaar, Jun 25, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. gds1972 Win User

Controller Scheme Layout Setting Xbox One Elite

Hi I have just checked the button mapping for my elite controller and there is the option available to swap sticks and also to swap triggers.
  3. FinalAnswer-9E31A0E8 Win User

Elite controller question

Hello Dan203,

You can map buttons to be "unmapped" or "disabled" using the latest version of the Xbox Accessories App (on Windows 10 and the New Xbox One Experience).

To accomplish this, launch the App, press the "Configure" button below the image of your controller, select either the configuration in the slot you want to change or make a new one, go to "Button Mapping", select the button you want to map to "unmapped,
    and then in the menu below "Map to (button)", go to the bottom of the list and select "Unmapped".

I hope this helps!
  4. TheVet96 Win User

Caps lock is Stuck on Messaging and #'s are symbols now

Hello Damnlag!

Check your controller’s button mapping settings

If you are seeing unexpected controller behavior across all game and apps, it could mean your controller button configuration has been changed. To check your current controller button settings:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under System, select Settings.
    3. Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
    4. On the Xbox One Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    5. Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.
    For more info on controller button names and basic functions, see Get to know your Xbox One Wireless Controller.

Did this correct the unexpected controller behavior?
  5. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard

Hi InheritorHD1!

Can you confirm you completed the following steps and still have the same issue:

Step 4: Check your controller’s button mapping settings

If you are seeing unexpected controller behavior across all game and apps, it could mean your controller button configuration has been changed. To check your current controller button settings:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Under System, select Settings.
    3. Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
    4. On the Xbox One Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    5. Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.
    For more info on controller button names and basic functions, see Get to know your Xbox One Wireless Controller.

Did this correct the unexpected controller behavior?
Thema:

Auto button mapping/controller configure swap per game on the XBox

1. Auto button mapping/controller configure swap per game on the XBox - Similar Threads - Auto button mapping

2. There's a problem with Bandwidth usage (or auto-update) #insidersring

in XboX Insiders
    There's a problem with Bandwidth usage (or auto-update) #insidersring: [IMG] I am beta testing new fiber that will soon be rolled out in my city, so I've been spending a little more time than normal looking at what is happening on my network, and I found this....
  3. Auto-Renew for Gamepass Ultimate shows wrong date on App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Auto-Renew for Gamepass Ultimate shows wrong date on App?: On the Xbox App on PC my account shows that Gamepass Ultimate will auto-renew on the 10/07/20 (so next week). When I press manage, on my account on the website page, it says the auto-renew date...
  4. xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox live sharing suddenly stopped functioning, also auto-pay needs less scammy update: so i originally have had my xbox one set up with my girlfriends xbox one (as my home xbox) and she was sharing her live subscription with me but recently has just stopped sharing live, all the...
  5. Grand theft auto V

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto V: Ive recently downloaded Gta V on my xbox 360 and when i get on it, it always freezes on the calibration screen and i dont know what to do! I feel lile im going crazy!?!? Anything i can do about...
  6. Beta test update for Xbox one X, auto shutoff for overheat issue

in XboX Insiders
    Beta test update for Xbox one X, auto shutoff for overheat issue: My Xbox keeps auto shutting off for stated overheating issue, but it's cool to the touch and does this only 5 mins approx. after being on. Told it's possible update issue since there is no...
  7. Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug: Hi! There have been a few threads about this issue last year. The issue involves that auto low latency doesn’t work properly while freesync (or vrr) is enabled one xbox one x. The issue seems to...
  8. New Twitch app update - bad 15m auto dim & xbox remote control forward/play/pause buttons ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Twitch app update - bad 15m auto dim & xbox remote control forward/play/pause buttons ...: The new Twitch app update that I had to install last night has some major issues, that make the experience worse then it was before: - The screen dims after about 10/15 mins. - I can no longer...
  9. Screen auto dims after 10 minutes since July update. Must press Controller button to undim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen auto dims after 10 minutes since July update. Must press Controller button to undim: This is a problem that showed up after the July Update. It is affecting all three of my Xbox One's and shows up primarily while playing driving sims with a wheel or during video streaming.. There...
  10. Xbox One Controller Menu button does not work and auto scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Menu button does not work and auto scroll: my xbox one controller now seems to not want the menu button to work and any game i play with a menu it will just scroll fast up and down by its self but when playing the game itself is fine...