Auto choose best available network

Discus and support Auto choose best available network in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a laptop with built in 2.4 ghz wifi and an external 5ghz wifi adapter. xcloud for some reason uses my internal wifi. i tried to manually set the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Visual_Tea6343, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Auto choose best available network

I have a laptop with built in 2.4 ghz wifi and an external 5ghz wifi adapter. xcloud for some reason uses my internal wifi. i tried to manually set the priority but it didn't help.

submitted by /u/Visual_Tea6343
    [link] [comments]

/u/Visual_Tea6343, Jun 29, 2021
  2. GrowlingYapper Win User

How to restore automatic configuration to my wireless network settings.

Go to settings network advanced settings there you have IP setting click and choose auto same with DNS I would do a bootup as well
  3. VibroPlex Win User

Cannot connect Xbox360 to XboxLive

I would suggest Resetting the Factory (Network) Settings. Tap on the silver Guide button again, go two clicks to the right, choose Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED for your Ethernet), then Configure Network.
    Copy down the settings for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to Additional settings. If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a note of those
    settings as well, then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults and confirm.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

2.4ghz/5ghz How do I know which im using?

Most routers have in their settings an option for auto switch, so it changes depending on range, or they can be 2 distinct network connections.

So if on auto, your network might be called MYNETWORKHUB.

But if set for 2 distinct, you'd see MYNETWORKHUB_5GHZ and MYNETWORK_2.4GHZ

Or similar, that way you can choose which to connect to. It's not actually 2 different networks, just how it's set up
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Linksys Wrieless 160N

Happy to help, OM. However, the '160N' is just a marketing descriptor; Linksys routers typically begin with E EA or WR. Which does your friend have?

I suggest Resetting the Factory (Network) Settings: Tap the silver Guide button again, go 2 clicks to the right, choose Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED if Ethernet, otherwise the
    SSID of your WiFi connection), then Configure Network. Copy down the settings for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to Additional settings.
    If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a note of those settings as well, then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults and confirm. Then power down the console, wait 8 secs or more, power back up and reconnect.

73s and best regards!
  6. VibroPlex Win User

Xbox will not display wireless networks

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings then Network Settings.

2) From Network Settings, choose any network from the AVAILABLE NETWORKS screen , then choose Configure Network.

2A) If you can't select any wireless network then you can run an ethernet cable to your router or to any Ethernet port on a PC temporarily and choose WIRED instead on the AVAILABLE NETWORKS screen.

3) Record the Basic settings there, then go one click to the right to Additional settings, and record everything there which isn't Blank or Not Set.

4) Go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults, and confirm, then turn off the Xbox360 for at least eight (8) seconds. Remove the cable from 2A) if needed.

5) Turn it back on and sign in and reconnect to your wireless network.
Thema:

Auto choose best available network

1. Auto choose best available network - Similar Threads - Auto choose best

2. My Pc Auto Locks It Self When I Play Cs Go Or Hello Neighbor And I Tried To Update Drivers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Pc Auto Locks It Self When I Play Cs Go Or Hello Neighbor And I Tried To Update Drivers...: My Pc Auto Locks It Self When I Play Cs Go Or Hello Neighbor And I Tried To Update Drivers , msconfig , lower settings ecc but still doesent work f33a0967-6ba0-42c9-aee1-9bf622821658
  3. Auto homing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Auto homing: Hi. Whenever I add an account to my Xbox، It automatically makes it Xbox home. But I don't want it to happen? What should I do to stop it? 2468f1b2-5f0d-4945-8eb7-59cfa28e296d
  4. Auto deleting clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Auto deleting clips: Hi Instead of auto deleting why not have the system ask before deleting clips? No other computer device I own, camera, phone, ps4, pc, auto deletes anything. If its full it tells me so and I can...
  5. auto made xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    auto made xbox account: I want to swap my xbox account to a newer email, but my newer email has an auto-generated xbox account I didn't make. how do I proceed? bdb64ef8-7c81-4418-a3ef-5a9c399ad8fb
  6. Grand theft auto Trilogy - not available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand theft auto Trilogy - not available: Hello, does anyone knows if GTA trilogy is currently available on xbox desktop app? im trying to find it on PC but it isn't, game pass subscriber. I already downloaded it from xbox serie S and it...
  7. Xbox One X not Auto-Detecting TV, thus disabling 4K and HDR

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X not Auto-Detecting TV, thus disabling 4K and HDR: I have tried everything, from power-cycling both my TV and console to factory resetting them both. The console has previously worked with this, and other, 4K TVs. This particular TV is an LG...
  8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition PC: can i play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition on pc? 181470c6-529f-4cea-9d62-2e832ba2742d
  9. How can I prevent controller from auto turning off after 15 minutes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I prevent controller from auto turning off after 15 minutes?: Im using the controller that comes with the xbox series s and I play on series s. My controller is pluged to the back of the console using a USB C cable and have no batteries. Whenever I play...
  10. Xbox Series X does not auto reconnect to WiFi when in Standby mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X does not auto reconnect to WiFi when in Standby mode: My Xbox Series X is in Standby mode (Instant on). Then my wifi router is restarted. After this Xbox does not reconnect automatically to the Wifi again. This leads to the problem that when I am...