: Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode.

Discus and support : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode (Freesync). Hello, FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate,... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Franny72, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Franny72
    Franny72 Guest

: Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode (Freesync).
    Hello,

FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate, but to get such a technique to work, freeSync needs to be enabled
    on both devices. It won't do anything if it's only enabled on the TV.

:)

Franny72, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello,

FreeSync works by matching the frame rate with the display refresh rate, but to get such a technique to work, freeSync needs to be enabled
    on both devices. It won't do anything if it's only enabled on the TV.
  3. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
  4. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

The Xbox is able to recognise the Dolby Atmos capability on the soundbar if connected directly .

However FreeSync (variable refresh rate ) is not selectable on the display and sound settings page of the Xbox X.

Free Sync is available on my Samsung Q9 and is an option in the game mode menu of the TV.

Game mode is a TV mode that allows low latency on Samsung (and other manufacturers) TV's.

My TV allows Auto Low Latency and this doesn't work when plugged directly into the soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) despite Auto Low -Latency being recognised on the Display & Sound settings page on the Xbox X. The TV will not allow this when the Xbox is plugged
    into the soundbar via HDMI then into the TV by HDMI ARC.

Auto Game mode or Auto Low Latency turns on game mode while playing games but turns game mode off automatically should i use a blu ray disc for example.

So two modes made available to me by Xbox and Samsung currently don't work in tandem in the correct manner.
  5. BroKen L1zArD Win User

Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues

Yes ive tried resetting to factory with no avail. When i start netflix a message comes up saying game mode off then immediately following that a message says game mode on. Essentially the game mode toggles no matter what kind of content i put on but
    it always reverts to game mode on. It only does this with the xbox one x. I even disabled the auto low latency setting in the xbox and nothing changes. When i use other game consoles the auto low latency feature works as designed. My tv is a 55” q80r samsung.
    The only reason i got this tv is because of the game mode and freesync features on the samsung so its disappointing that it doesnt work correctly.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D

I would use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One,

Third Party cables can be hit or miss depending on there quality,

I connected my X-Box One first generation to the HDMI 1 port using a brand new cable compatible with
    HDMI 2.0 and 8K resolution.
    8K over HDMI 2.0 is not possible, A cable that can run 8K needs to be HDMI 2.1,

also the OG Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4, both the One S and One X use HDMI 2.0

I believe that, with your Xbox one being HDMI 1.4 it's not forward compatible with your TV HDMI 2.0 ports as to possibly why your low latency mode is grayed out, or it just could be the third party cable your using, best to try out the cable that came with
    the Xbox.
Thema:

1. : Auto low-latency / vrr grayed out vs Samsung´s game mode. - Similar Threads - Auto low latency

2. Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug: Hi! There have been a few threads about this issue last year. The issue involves that auto low latency doesn’t work properly while freesync (or vrr) is enabled one xbox one x. The issue seems to...
  3. Disney+ doesn’t report itself as not a game in Auto-Game mode/Auto Low Latency

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ doesn’t report itself as not a game in Auto-Game mode/Auto Low Latency: I have the Samsung Q7 which supports Auto Low Latency (which Samsung calls Auto-Game Mode). Disney+ incorrectly reports itself as a game. I had to disable Auto-Game Mode to get the colours to look...
  4. : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D: : Allow auto-low latency mode grayed out connectiong to Samsung TV RU710D I would use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One, Third Party cables can be hit or miss depending on there quality,...
  5. Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN: I have a Samsung 65" Q9 TV and it has AUTO LOW LATENCY mode where it switches between game mode and normal by itself however it seems since the update occasionally when playing it switches to GAME...
  6. Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues: Whenever i want to use my xbox to watch netflix or something besides a game, the game mode switches as its supposed to but always switches back to game mode on even when im watching a video. My tv...
  7. Onkyo: Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Onkyo: Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help: Onkyo (Audio/Video Receivers): Auto Low Latency compatibility with equipment help are you sure if you receiver have total compatibility with xbox features? like hdmi version, resolution, hdr and...
  8. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) & Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) Bug

in XboX Insiders
    Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) & Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) Bug: The below are not my words. They are someone elses writeup of a test they did. I am also having the same issue. Can we get someone on the Xbox Team to open a support ticket to the engineering team...
  9. Broken "auto low-latency mode"

in XboX Insiders
    Broken "auto low-latency mode": I'm not sure if it's The Insider build or the recent update to my TCL Roku TV that caused this. But Auto low latency mode is no longer selectable in my Xbox settings. I went to play Rock Band this...
  10. Auto low latency mode issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto low latency mode issues.: OK so my issue is is that I cannot select the option auto latency mode, and variable refresh rate. On my Xbox one x project Scorpio. I have a sharp 4K 55 inch TV, and for some reason it is not...