Automatic Gamertag Change

Discus and support Automatic Gamertag Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I rarely post like this, but this situation forced me to. So, Basically, I had my "nickname" (name I use in ALL other games and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ZuraZura1, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ZuraZura1
    ZuraZura1 Guest

Hello Everyone,

I rarely post like this, but this situation forced me to.

So, Basically, I had my "nickname" (name I use in ALL other games and stuff) for Gamertag on Xbox - "Moonlightex"

One day I found out that my tag is changed to one of the coolest nicknames I've ever heard - "QuietPup4140614"

My assumption is that someone reported me for an "offensive" name and now i got this.

When i tried to change this name it said I have to pay 10 bucks. (correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Sex is a Gender term, it means gender, guys.

2. Even if I somehow offended anyone with my tag, when i chose it wasn't against rules, flagged, restricted etc. if it were, game just wouldn't allow me to pick that nickname.

3. If rules have changed, and somehow we ban gender terms from the system, I get it, it has double meaning etc, etc. It's your decision ofc (even if i don't agree with it) but what kind of treatment is this to your customer, nobody wrote or said anything
    to me, (your name is forbidden with our rules, change it) instead I get this sarcastic gamertag and if i want to change it have to pay additional 10 bucks??

it's not about the 10 bucks, i pay monthly for game pass gold etc, (i'm pretty satisfied of the products) money isn't the issue. I'm just dissapointed coz i love Xbox and Microsoft and find out that this huge company treats customers like this.

So my question - Is this normal/Okay ? or player should at least get blank name/free name change, so that he or she can choose the one that doesn't break the rules? or maybe issue is in another matter I don't understand yet.

P.S

Sorry if i sound little bit angry, but I kinda am Automatic Gamertag Change :)

:)

ZuraZura1, Jul 31, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi ZuraZura1,

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like you've taken the right step in requesting a Case Review with the Enforcement team.
    Should the Gamertag change be upheld, and you are unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wish to change it, one may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process as our Ambassadors have indicated. However, the
    Gamertag that received the forced change will remain unobtainable. I recommend taking a look at our Enforcement site's tips for creating a Gamertag for future use should you need it: https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/staysafe#topic9.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or
    thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

We wish you the best and happy gaming.
  3. Miku Sakuya Win User

It should be returned to normal in about a week because the gamertag isnt exactly an offensive one
  4. MasTerKi3Z Win User

Well, I suggest talking to support and checking the Xbox Enforcement website, so you will know exactly what happened, whether it was a mistake or a punishment.
  5. Captain Gini Win User

I've seen this happen to some people, but their gamertags are back to normal, I don't remember how much time passed, but it didn't last more than a week.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Gamertag changed automatically

The people in the forums are gamers just like you not engineers. Sounds like someone may have changed it for you. Does anyone have access to your account information? If so you may want to see if they may have changed it.
Thema:

1. Automatic Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Automatic Gamertag Change

2. Gamertag changed automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed automatically: Last week I was checking the availability of other gamer tags and for some reason it did not ask to charge my card as it usually does and it changed my gamer tag automatically from to PhiLLeY and...
  3. Automatically changed Gamertag though inquiry successful

in XBoX Accessibility
    Automatically changed Gamertag though inquiry successful: Hi everybody, a couple of days ago I got an email, saying that I had to visit enforcement.xbox.com, because I had violated xbox live terms and services. Turns out my gamertag [Mod...
  4. Why was my gamertag automatically changed without my notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why was my gamertag automatically changed without my notification?: Could I have not at least be given a warning before it was automatically changed? If my gamertag was inappropriate and flagged, then why was I even able to use that gamertag initially? My original...
  5. Gamertag automatically changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag automatically changed: Hi, I recently changed my phone from Lumia 520 to Nokia 3 after my Lumia bricked. I used to play Age of Empires:Castle Siege on my Lumia and Xbox had given me my gamertag "Player056505407". After...
  6. Gamertag was automatically changed after a user report, I did not get the option to choose it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag was automatically changed after a user report, I did not get the option to choose it: Basically my Gamertag has been reported, it might have been innapropriate for some user. However, I did not get the option to choose my Gamertag and it got automatically changed by the system. I...
  7. Cancel Automatic Payments Without Gamertag, Email Address And Password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancel Automatic Payments Without Gamertag, Email Address And Password: Hi everyone, I am in a huge dilemma, I have been checking my bank statements lately and I have an automatic payment being transacted each month for an old account which I cannot remember the...
  8. Automatic change gamertag and now I have to pay to choose a new gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic change gamertag and now I have to pay to choose a new gamertag: I changed the gamertag automatically by the system. Now if I want to choose a new gamertag I have to pay 10 euro. In the past it happened to me once, but the change was free. I am willing to...
  9. Gamertag changed automatically: Hacked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed automatically: Hacked?: Within the last 18 hours, my gamertag changed from IxHATExLIBERALS to . I did not change it and neither did anyone in my family. Looking for resolution on this. I have no idea where this JollyJoey...
  10. my gamertag changed automatically, i don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    my gamertag changed automatically, i don't know what to do: My gamertag was changed automatically to Itchycub200671 i think. but i'm not sure if its cause my old gamertag was inappropriate or not. My friend set up my gamertag and account when i was at work...