Background Download During Standby not Working

Discus and support Background Download During Standby not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; XBOX 360 Stable Internet Connection On a Wired Connection Background Download Stops during Standby. Background Download is Enabled Auto Update is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nhoyb, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Nhoyb
    Nhoyb Guest

XBOX 360

Stable Internet Connection

On a Wired Connection

Background Download Stops during Standby.

Background Download is Enabled

Auto Update is On

What could be wrong? Please Help.

:)

Nhoyb, Jun 9, 2014
  2. Do game updates download/install when in standby with instant-on enabled?

Well it does download in the background, yet not like you think. I'm speaking of when its in standby and for instance your not home, I would hope it would downloaded without intervention so when you slap in the disk or from your digital it would be ready
    to go. Instead, i had to slap in my disc and then wait for it to download in the background at that point. True standby for me would be it understands i have the game installed and downloads in the background on its own instead of me initiating it. That to
    me is true standby/background updating when it does it automatically when your asleep,away. etc.

PrimitiveMeat, Jun 9, 2014
  3. PrimoFuSion
    PrimoFuSion Guest
    auto update?

Check your background download settings (if the xbox one has such an option), the 360 and the PS4 both have the option to either enable or disable background / standby downloads so I assume the case will be the same here.

PrimoFuSion, Jun 9, 2014
  4. Nhoyb
    Nhoyb Guest

I have a stable internet connection but my 360 keeps getting disconnected on LIVE

Tried continuous ping on PC with the same network as 360; PC never gets disconnected but the 360 does.

Anyone?

Nhoyb, Jun 12, 2014
  5. Nhoyb Win User

I have a stable internet connection but my 360 keeps getting disconnected on LIVE

Tried continuous ping on PC with the same network as 360; PC never gets disconnected but the 360 does.

Anyone?
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Do game updates download/install when in standby with instant-on enabled?

Well it does download in the background, yet not like you think. I'm speaking of when its in standby and for instance your not home, I would hope it would downloaded without intervention so when you slap in the disk or from your digital it would be ready
    to go. Instead, i had to slap in my disc and then wait for it to download in the background at that point. True standby for me would be it understands i have the game installed and downloads in the background on its own instead of me initiating it. That to
    me is true standby/background updating when it does it automatically when your asleep,away. etc.
  7. PrimoFuSion Win User

auto update?

Check your background download settings (if the xbox one has such an option), the 360 and the PS4 both have the option to either enable or disable background / standby downloads so I assume the case will be the same here.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Backround Downloads

Background Downloads should continue if you shut off the console using the Guide button, not the power button. The center light on the ring of light will blink occasionally if background downloading is working.

I bought three Games on Demand during last week's sale, then shut down my console via the Guide button. The games all downloaded overnight while the console was "off".
  9. Shaggy2000 Win User

Standby or off?

[quote user="Crumpet oUGSo"]

I also work 9-5 daily and I leave mine in instant-on (standby) mode. Do we have any statistics regarding energy usage when it's in this mode? I don't imagine it'll be using ridiculous amounts of energy. As far as I can tell, all it does in standby is listens
    for commands and completes any active downloads.

[/quote]

It also downloads any updates (system or game) that are released during the day. So for example your at work, a patch for BF4 is released, the Xbox one will download it, but only if its in stand-by mode.
Thema:

1. Background Download During Standby not Working - Similar Threads - Background Download During

2. Can't Use Wallpapers Downloaded from Edge & Saved in Downloads Folder for Background Image?

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Use Wallpapers Downloaded from Edge & Saved in Downloads Folder for Background Image?: [IMG] submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox (beta) app for pc wont download games in background?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (beta) app for pc wont download games in background?: Hello, im having issues downloading games on the game pass using the xbox (beta) app on win 10. If i run a different game while trying to download something, the download just stops. It sits there...
  4. Background downloading on Xbox 360 no longer working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background downloading on Xbox 360 no longer working.: I don't know if my 360 has recently been updated by my kids but for some reason games will no longer download when the Xbox 360 is turned off. I have checked settings and they are all correct....
  5. Background downloads enabled yet download queue is not moving xbox360 turned off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background downloads enabled yet download queue is not moving xbox360 turned off: I have background downloads enabled on my 360 and I powered it off last night. This morning I went to put items in my download queue on my pc at work from xbox.com and nothing is downloading to my...
  6. How and where: background downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How and where: background downloads: So I am truly trying to find the background download. Where I can turn off my xbox one so my xbox downloads while I sleep. How can I find this 49606372-e47a-48a5-94bf-8f60b11013ff
  7. Background downloads and two profiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background downloads and two profiles: OK here's what I'm asking, I'm currently trying to download multiple games from two different profiles on the same Xbox. Each profile is logged in on a separate controller. The question is since I...
  8. Background download with external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Background download with external HDD: Hi, I would like to download to my external hard disk with the xbox turned off. The problem is that if I turn off the xbox, the external hdd is also turned off becasue it must be powered by xbox....
  9. Issues With General/Background Downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues With General/Background Downloads: Hello! So I recently bought GTA V through the marketplace. It downloaded perfectly last night, and then after awhile the game started telling me that I "lacked required content" or something along...
  10. Anyone else seeing their 360 stay in background download mode when off during this service ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else seeing their 360 stay in background download mode when off during this service ...: Anyone else seeing their 360 stay in background download mode when off during this service issue? Ever since the attacks my 360 stays in low power downloading mode when off. When I can get in for...