Backing up xbox one game update downloads

Discus and support Backing up xbox one game update downloads in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my download speeds are behoyd slow so game updates are painful...like days on this last one...the other day I finished a 36gb update to forza 4... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Skrowt, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Skrowt
    Skrowt Guest

Hello, my download speeds are behoyd slow so game updates are painful...like days on this last one...the other day I finished a 36gb update to forza 4 and put in about 5hrs of game play..I paused for dinner and returned an hour later..I was on the home
    screen and didnt think to much of it and hit resume..well there was a 3gb title update I believe it said..well atleast it was small so I started it, confirmed it was going and walked away..30 minutes later i return and the que was empty so i went to play and
    the game was gone...everything..I even noticed my storage was much less..befor I panicked I did a power cycle and even tried launching it threw the store but it was gone..I researched later that this does happen to some people...i re installed and guess what,
    it wanted the 36gb update so here we go on the same 2.5 day update I finished just hours befor....i know game progress and saves are in the cloud but my question is, is there a way to back up game updates off console like usb...I assume if it was in the cloud
    it wouldnt have asked or needed it...I dont know much tech so I dont know if this is possible or legally is it ok/expected cause I bought the game or are you technically copying game files which I'd assume was illegal or something...I know the easiest answer
    is faster internet but for now does anyone know if you can backup/save game UPDATES to an external storage so if a game disappears I can say throw in a usb and recover the large time consuming update that disappeared with the game and quickly or atleast a
    way shorter time than re downloading it off xbox live and install it...thanks guys..I've learned alot of tricks with settings and dns to speed things up but any advise behoyd get better internet would be appreciated...haha..thanks again

:)

Skrowt, Oct 29, 2019
  2. McDaddyTree Win User

3. denis97g Win User

unfortunately, that's not possible. The only thing that you could do is transfer the game to an external hard drive.
  4. Pvt Hudson 77 Win User

Update 3

I found the update under extras downloaded it loaded up the game and it tells me that a update is available and is strongly advised to download it.

Went back to the dashboard downloaded it again which only took a seconded because it's already downloaded booted up the game and it's still asking to download the update.
  5. x DogMeat x Win User

updates!!??

If you have you one set up correctly, it will download in the background whenever the update becomes available and your game will be ready to play when you turn it back on
  6. stevenicks Win User

Xbox One & Mobile Networks

I had on the 13/11/2015 100gig download limit less than 24hrs later I have 36.5Gig limit left and I'm still updating Halo TMCC lol :|

anyway of backing the games up on the Xbox One once the games are updated ? would save me a lot of money if things went wrong
Thema:

1. Backing up xbox one game update downloads - Similar Threads - Backing game update

2. How do I get my games back after reset?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my games back after reset?: Hi, I bought an Xbox One 1TB Console - Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle in 2016. It also came with Forza 2. I have not used the console for a couple years. I tried a couple days ago and it kept...
  3. Games kicking back to xbox one home screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games kicking back to xbox one home screen: Recently some games have started to kick me out while in the middle of playing. I downloaded apex legends and it happens constantly. Hard resets of the console arent helping, available space isnt...
  4. Xbox one x keeps crashing back to dashboard in multiple games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x keeps crashing back to dashboard in multiple games: Good morning Had my xbox one x for just over a month & seem to have had nothing but problems. Experiencing regular freezing and being sent back to dashbaord when playing games. This happens on...
  5. Once a game leaves game pass, have any come back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once a game leaves game pass, have any come back?: Wondering if a game that has left game pass will ever come back - have there been any statements to the fact about this not happening, or cases where it has happened? We can guess all we want, but...
  6. no puedo recuperar mi juego [Translate] I can't get my game back

in XBoX on Consoles
    no puedo recuperar mi juego [Translate] I can't get my game back: Hola buenas noches El asunto por el cual necesito su ayuda es por que al comprar mi xbox one venia un juego gratis en el pero en formato digital y yo tuve un par de problemas y me recomendaron...
  7. Xbox Kicking Me Out of Games Back to Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Kicking Me Out of Games Back to Home Screen: My xbox keeps kicking me out of games while they are loading and bringing me back to the home screen. I have tried many different tests to resolve the issue and nothing has worked. Looking for...
  8. My games vanished from memory, not everything came back

in XBoX on Consoles
    My games vanished from memory, not everything came back: Last year while downloading content from marketplace I hit a glitch & every game vanished from memory on the xbox one. After an hour or so they re-appeared but not all. I went looking for wwe 2k17...
  9. updated- gears of war back compat games codes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    updated- gears of war back compat games codes: i wrote a post yesterday about codes for the other gears games because i played gears ult ed. the response was that i was too young, despite the account age of 41, because it was still a child...
  10. had to update call of duty ww2 yesterday, after update went to play game and it kicks me back ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    had to update call of duty ww2 yesterday, after update went to play game and it kicks me back ...: had to update call of duty ww2 yesterday, after update went to play game and it kicks me back to home screen every time, I reset my xbox one and still does same, my other games like fortnite and...