Backwards Compatable discs just not registering.

Discus and support Backwards Compatable discs just not registering. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One X just doesn't want to acknowledge that BC games are a thing. I've tried to play multiple 360 games on it since last night, even 2 games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darth Tashnut, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Backwards Compatable discs just not registering.

My Xbox One X just doesn't want to acknowledge that BC games are a thing. I've tried to play multiple 360 games on it since last night, even 2 games that were installed via disc and it just won't realise they are there. Is this a known issue at the moment
    or is my XB1X dead already?

:)

Darth Tashnut, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox one not reading g 360 disc

Is the disc for a backwards compatible xbox360 game as only discs for backwards compatible games will register.
  3. SensorFi Win User

Hey Darth Tashnut,

I am sorry this is happening! To me, this sounds like a problem with the disc drive in your console. If at all possible I would put in a DVD, Blu-Ray or Xbox One game disc and see if the console is able to read it. If you are unable to watch or play the
    content on that disc, then it is a problem with the disc drive.

For this, you will need to contact Xbox Support and they will be able to help you further. You can also get more information on warranties

here.
  4. GENERALofKILLER Win User

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Have you tried any DVD discs on your console? Do they play?

The discs we want you to check must be DVD discs, not Blu-ray discs or Xbox One game discs.

If your console won't read DVD discs either then I'm afraid your console's laser has developed fault and you'll a repair/replacement console.
  6. Darth Tashnut Win User

I just tried one now and that didn't work either. Luckily my Xbox is syill under warranty
Thema:

1. Backwards Compatable discs just not registering. - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatable discs

2. Xbox backwards compatibility disc's not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox backwards compatibility disc's not working: I have been playing my 360 games last week on my one x and today none of them are working. They are all discs. Everything else is working including dvd movies. I have tried everything to fix it...
  3. Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download: When I insert a backwards compatible 360 - disc game (Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row) in my Xbox One X no download or anything else is triggered. The disc drive did not even spin up from what I...
  4. Are Xbox 360 compilation discs backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox 360 compilation discs backwards compatible?: For a while, there was a series of of Xbox Live Arcade titles being put together in a disc and released without the need of Xbox Live at the time. They would install the digital games from the...
  5. backwards compatible discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    backwards compatible discs: hi, ive just bought call of duty black ops 1 and my xbox wont read the disc and its in good condition, why is this problem occuring may i ask? dae5e00b-4d29-4cbf-8539-9b034db68e7f
  6. Backwards Compatible Disc "This game isn't playable here" - Black Ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Disc "This game isn't playable here" - Black Ops 2: Recently purchased a physical disc version of Call of Duty Black Ops 2. On the case it says Xbox One and Xbox 360, and the backwards compatibility website lists it. When I go to install the game...
  7. Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Discs no longer reading on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Discs no longer reading on Xbox One: I have a number of backwards compatible Xbox 360 game discs that all of a sudden are no longer working on my Xbox One. I was playing Saints Row a few hours ago without any issue but now the game...
  8. Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility Not Reading Disc: I've had my Xbox One X for probably over a year now and wanted to play some of my old 360 games on it but when I insert the disc nothing happens. There is no spin up sound for the disc being read...
  9. Backwards compatible discs don't work in my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible discs don't work in my xbox one: Hello! Every time I put an Xbox 360 backwards compatible disc into my Xbox One it doesn't pop up on the screen and the Xbox doesn't respond to me putting the disc in, making it so I cannot play...
  10. Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t play backwards compatibility discs: hello so my xbox one will not play any of my xbox 360 discs that are backwards compatible. However it plays regular dvds and all of my blue-rays and xbox one games....