Backwards compatibility and what makes one game compatible over another.

Discus and support Backwards compatibility and what makes one game compatible over another. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not to sound like an entitled baby but. What makes a games backwards compatibility more important than the others? Most of the games that are currently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OrenjiSaru, Jul 20, 2019.

1. OrenjiSaru
    OrenjiSaru Guest

Not to sound like an entitled baby but. What makes a games backwards compatibility more important than the others? Most of the games that are currently backwards compatible are not what i would say, "in high demand," especially if you consider the poll list
    that asks the community what games they want to see. Is the list an actual reference, or is the list there for public discussion?

:)

OrenjiSaru, Jul 20, 2019
  2. GroundOregano94 Win User

The answer is simple but is not. Most popular games and on the other hand sone of them are not. But I think that most of the greatest games from the last generation found their way to one. On the other hand, we always want more. It must be an agreement
    between Mc. and dev's.
  3. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

I feel like nothing really determines it. To me it just depends on if they wanted to add it at that time. I guess popular games tend to have a higher priority though.
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Licensing issues is a big reason. Many developers refuse to give backwards compatibility. Means they have to open more servers and put people back working on something they dont want to work on. Its not as easy as flipping a switch. End of day, they have
    to spend money and really not make any money. Plus some developers feel shafted by certain platforms and just refuse out of spite.
  5. Albert X Win User

All about developer licenses, the technology to emulate the games is there, but it is ultimately up to the developer to make itr happen.
  6. Pandy Yato Win User

I think it's more down to the developers and whether they want that for their game, Microsoft can only offer it to them as an option, they have to agree though.
Thema:

1. Backwards compatibility and what makes one game compatible over another. - Similar Threads - Backwards compatibility makes

2. Please make this backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make this backwards compatible: Is there a way godfather 1 can come back backwards compatible with all the dlc and addons and also godfather 2 with all the dlcs and the dlc of tommy cipolla which was only pre order so pls I beg...
  3. could microsoft make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    could microsoft make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one: could you guys make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one 1fa554d3-9a6c-4708-8e6d-d4da065a863b
  4. Making Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2 backward compatible for xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Making Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2 backward compatible for xbox one.: I grew up playing this game with many friends but never got to experience number 2. I'd pay good money to be able to play these two games on my xbox one. Microsoft has brought a few games back...
  5. Make all Skate games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Make all Skate games backwards compatible: Can we please get Skate 1 and Skate 2 on the xbox one for backwards compatible? 72402d86-f630-4c00-b542-c8435dfc4c58
  6. The last remnant is too good please help make it backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The last remnant is too good please help make it backwards compatible: ive been trying to get a amazing 360 game to be backwatds compatable. Please help bring attention to the last remnant you guys will not regret it 0bf81d83-a50b-4e47-9a6b-85137d5838bf
  7. Make a lot of dragon ball games backwards compatible please Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Make a lot of dragon ball games backwards compatible please Xbox: I would love to see all my favorite games from the past come back i need some more dragon ball z games to play dont really like the new styles to much want the old ones back please anyone else...
  8. Backwards compatability list makes no sense

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatability list makes no sense: So i just had someone from microsoft support tell me something kind of ridiculous. I wanted to start a new playthrough on borderlands the pre sequel. I have been playing bl1 and bl2 quite alot...
  9. Making Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Making Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible: Unless the multiplayer servers are down, this game should be revived. 4ab03e83-3e77-482e-a4c9-77f309aa0c9c
  10. Please make Casterminer Z backwards compat for Chrismas

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make Casterminer Z backwards compat for Chrismas: Alot of us would say we’d want this under the tree ❤️ 6ebf4874-04d0-4386-8ef9-75d68c028095