Backwards Compatibility Requests for Project Scarlett

Discus and support Backwards Compatibility Requests for Project Scarlett in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I get to the requests, let me start off by saying that the Backwards Compatibility (BC) team at Xbox has done a FANTASTIC job with bringing back... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MASTERMINDEVAN, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Backwards Compatibility Requests for Project Scarlett

Before I get to the requests, let me start off by saying that the Backwards Compatibility (BC) team at Xbox has done a FANTASTIC job with bringing back many Xbox 360 and Original (OG) Xbox titles and making them playable on Xbox One. I know I can speak for
    the entire Xbox community in saying that we definitely appreciate their hard work and dedication to this massive project. Thank you BC team!

As the transition from the Xbox One into Project Scarlett occurs, there are a few requests that I would like to ask of the BC team as they prepare to work on backwards compatibility for the next generation of consoles. Some of these requests might have already
    been addressed, but I'm still going to put them here as one complete list in the order of highest importance to lowest importance. Here they are:

1. If possible, please make it where all Xbox One games and all currently available Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games via backward compatibility are ready to download and play on Project Scarlett as soon as the new console comes out. A seamless transition of our
    games library from Xbox One into Project Scarlett would definitely be appreciated.

2. Once the Project Scarlett generation arrives, PLEASE go back to the currently unavailable Xbox 360 and OG Xbox titles and make them backwards compatible for Project Scarlett. Again, I can speak for the entire Xbox community in saying that while we still
    do appreciate the amount of effort that has made backwards compatibility possible for the Xbox One, there are a TON of Xbox 360 and OG Xbox titles that we still would like to see brought back. The announcement of Xbox One BC coming to a close at E3 2019 left
    a lot of Xbox fans disappointed, and this is VERY evident in the comment sections of articles and YouTube videos that covered this announcement. I understand that making older games backwards compatible on newer hardware is NOT an easy task by any means, especially
    when the aspect of licensing rights comes into the equation. Despite these challenges, Xbox One BC has proven to be a major success for Microsoft in terms of both profit for the company, and customer appreciation when compared to Xbox's competitors regarding
    the same topic. So, please consider bringing back the currently unavailable Xbox 360 and OG Xbox titles because there are many fan favorites (Max Payne 3 and MechAssault as examples) that we would like to play on Project Scarlett.

3. This probably isn't a well known fact, but there are some currently available Xbox 360 (and possibly OG Xbox) backward compatible titles that are only available with the physical disk and NOT available for digital purchase. Some examples I personally
    have noticed are Doom 3 BFG Edition, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., and the recently added Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. There are many fans (like myself) who have moved on completely from physical copies of games and only purchase digital copies. I'm not sure why
    and even how this is an issue, considering that certain games that were released before the ones listed above are already able to be downloaded digitally. In any case, please revisit these and any other titles that currently cannot be purchased digitally and
    make them available in the Xbox Store.

4. Please continue to provide enhancements for fan favorite backward compatible titles in the Project Scarlett generation, just like how many Xbox 360 and OG Xbox titles are currently Xbox One X Enhanced.

5. This final request is a long shot (figured I would ask it anyway), but it would be really nice to be able to play OG Xbox games over Xbox Live again. Certain games like the original Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront 2 would be an absolute blast to
    revisit in online multiplayer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this extremely long post. I would love to hear feedback on this topic, so please post any questions, comments or concerns that you might have in the discussion thread and give this post an upvote if you agree with my
    requests. I hope that the BC team finds this post and considers implementing these requests into their plans for Project Scarlett.

:)

MASTERMINDEVAN, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

backwards compatibility

They have stopped backwards compatibility for the Xbox One and the team are working on backwards compatibility for project Scarlett
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Backwards Compatibility on Windows.

Backwards compatibility has been stoppe, as they are working on the Project Scarlett compatibility.
  4. AridLizard Win User

Please make max Payne 3 backwards compatible

I want every game one day backwards compatible but at the moment no games are being added until Project Scarlett
    I think that is the goal for Project Scarlett

"Microsoft confirms that its next-generation Xbox console, Project Scarlett, will be backward compatible with all Xbox generations.

In a press release, Microsoft explained that the power of Xbox Project Scarlett will mean that "Thousands of games across four console generations will look and play best on Project Scarlett.""
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Dead or Live 5 ultimate

Backwards compatibility is suspended until the launch of the Scarlett project.
  6. Simple OJ Win User

Fear 1 2 3 Medal of Honor 2010 2012 backwards compatible

There will not be anymore backward compatible till project scarlett is done.
Thema:

Backwards Compatibility Requests for Project Scarlett

1. Backwards Compatibility Requests for Project Scarlett - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility Requests

2. Requesting a game to be either backwards compatible or remastered entirely?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Requesting a game to be either backwards compatible or remastered entirely?: The latter would be preferable but the game is The Lord of the Rings The Third Age, released 2004 on Playstation 2/Gamecube/xbox and Gameboy Advance. It was a turn based rpg that took the player...
  3. Backwards compatibility request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility request: Please can you make buffy the vampire slayer original xbox game, and chaos bleeds available to play on xbox one aa9d1c1c-2506-4744-b250-5b7a5331f5d7
  4. Backwards Compatibility Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatibility Request: Can you please make The Lord of the Rings: Conquest backwards compatible on the One? I miss playing that game with my Dad. 5611a5f7-c8a5-42db-aed1-e2d04d48aa98
  5. Backwards Compatible Request!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Request!!!: Hey, Microsoft! I think you guys could make some money off of the Spawn hype from MK11 by making Spawn: Armageddon backwards compatible from the original Xbox console. I know I’d buy it!...
  6. Backwards compatible request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible request: I was wondering if adding more games to the library is still happening and i was wondering if a request can be made for the games. Games like the sonic the hedgehog series or other titles....
  7. Xbox Backward Compatibility Request MONSTER MADNESS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Backward Compatibility Request MONSTER MADNESS: Monster Madness is by far one of the best and most exciting and fun games on the Xbox 360 and PC platforms ever. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it backward Compatible. This game is a hidden gem and it...
  8. Backwards Compatible Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Request: Hello! I'm not sure how this works or if i can any more i tried going to https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/ which doesn't work anymore but i truly think this game should have been on the bwc list...
  9. Xbox One Backwards Compatible Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Backwards Compatible Request: At the moment the back compat programm is on hold. The teams working on the feature for the Project Scarlett. 0d64604b-f3cc-4cde-b67a-81c93bccd9b3
  10. Backwards Compatible Request - Please I beg you I don't play games often but I love this one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Request - Please I beg you I don't play games often but I love this one: Hello Bill Gates & Co, May I please put in a request for The Beatles Rockband to be played on the Xbox One, we have purchased all that is required to play the game as we already play Rockband 4....