Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

Discus and support Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok so I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100nas Modem/Gateway. As of about early June, my 2 Xbox One X consoles cannot play together on the same network,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

Ok so I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100nas Modem/Gateway. As of about early June, my 2 Xbox One X consoles cannot play together on the same network, due to an unstable Upload speed that the Xboxes both report. They are both hardwired. My One X is a part of the Alpha push-ahead ring but problem is present in non-preview consoles as well.

I typically get 250 down/20 up for my speeds, but as of early June it fluctucates back and forth between 1mbps upload and 25. Its so drastic and sudden (constantly this big change in reported speeds) that when my girlfriend and i play together we just rubberband and get disconnected from servers constantly. We havent gamed together in over a month and its frustrating. My PC doesnt experience this issue at all and always reports about 250down/20-25up.

Ive tried the following:

-Power Cycling all devices on the network

-Factory resetting all devices (including gateway)

-Port Forward with Static IPs

-DMZ an X1X on Static IP

-Swapped ports on gateway

-Swapped PC Ethernet (the has no problem) to Xbox One X and issue persists

-Cleared Alternate MAC address on console

-Tried WiFi instead of Ethernet, to no avail

-ISP(Mediacom) says ports needed are open

-ISP checked all lines and cables

-ISP replaced all lines and splitters to the dropline

-ISP checked SNR and Power levels (they are ok)

-ISP tried one of their modems and issue persists

-ISP removed and re-configured my gateway on their end

-Gateway shows minimal to 0 correctable/uncorrectable errors

-Disabled ipv4/ipv6 firewall settings to test

-Tested OG/S models on public firmwares

-Lagging happens on every game, not just one

Things I HAVENT been able to try yet:

-test speeds at another location (need higher speeds to test on as people i know dont use high upload)

-Switching Cat 5e cables for Cat 6

Im Im honestly at a loss. I doubt many people have 2 Xbox One X consoles on the same network playing together, but Im really starting to wonder if there was an update at the beginning half of June thats causing this problem. Me and my ISP are literally at our last steps and cannot figure this out at all. Its stressful because we played together a lot and now we cant in any capacity..... As of last night my console alone started lagging so badly as the only one playing that I couldn't even enjoy the game I was playing. Help?

submitted by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak
    [link] [comments]

/u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jul 12, 2019
  2. zanswer Win User

Fluctuating Packet loss Download/upload speeds.

@A 0wner hey hey

What Your problem exactly? I don't get. Packet loss and D/U speed is not depending on ports. Can You explain from the begging, what problem You have.
  3. EVASIVE rabbi Win User

Xbox app on PC

Hi KoKoola,

Sometimes internet speeds can be throttled if your modem or gateway has not been reset in a while. I know this is a "step one" process but some people miss it.

In my case I have downloaded a speedtest app on my phone to test my download and upload speeds daily. I would highly suggest downloading that app and seeing if your ISP is giving you the speeds you pay for.

Also try to minimize wireless connectivity from the modem to pc. Wired connections are the best solution for fluctuations is speed.

Hope this helps.
  4. Prah0k Khmer Win User

33ms PING, 18mb DL, 1.5mb UL, OPEN NAT, Why am I lagging?

I have 25/25 down/upload and i lag very badly, I end up having to pulled out my old linksys router (which put my Nat on Moderate) just to play MP. I find that playing on a Moderate Nat fix alot of the problem. I was reading about QoS and limiting the Upload,
    maybe dropping my upload to McDonald speed will solve all the problem.
  5. VXR8mate Win User

Xbox One fluctuating connection speeds

Did Your ISP test Your physical line to them? Speed fluctuation can mean that Your ISP has narrow channel somewhere on their path. When more users come, Your speed goes down, because ISP exceed they bandwidth limit.

So to find root of the problem, we need more information.

My ISP have run a couple of line tests in the last two weeks and they were fine. I've also run speed tests using a wired connection with all other connections disabled and it proved fine hitting 35mbps with 10m uploads, but the xbox fluctuates from reading
    to reading in the space of some 30 mins! It's as if the connection speeds deteriorate over just one gaming session.

It was announced recently that Virgin no longer 'traffic shape' but do use a fair use policy, which I dont think I exceed.
  6. smileskybird Win User

Best internet connection for new X1

Wired is not the best. It just ties you down! FACT. I saw this ad poster on this building the other day of a dog on a leash and a dog running happily in the park without a leash.

Well wired will give you a sure connection (cuz FAR too many things use the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band). My place is with Vodafone NZ. Have high speed internet 100mb/sec download and 10mb/sec upload speed. Even on Wi-Fi, the 10mb/sec UPLOAD speed is very stable always
    9.8-10.2mb/sec upload speed when I run speed tests. But the download speed does fluctuate between 20-70mb/sec download speed.

Fibre and high speed cable offer the fastest. ADSL seriously struggles in the Upload department. ADSL only averages 0.9mb/sec upload speed. NOT handy if you regularly share and upload HD videos on YouTube. But with Xbox, I think 3mb/sec download speed is
    the minimum rock bottom low speed OK for Xbox.

I prefer wireless. Lets you stretch out your arms and jump up high.

It's 2016 and NO ISP in the world can guarantee Perfect Internet every minute of the year. Everyone I've played with has mentioned at some points having dodgy connection. Our world is HUGE, servicing different countries. Even Microsoft's servers aren't perfect.
    But they're fairly good. Wired makes you feel like this:

forward the video to 30 seconds > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQFrEddd7wM

Only when my consoles have serious Wi-Fi issues will I hook it up with a chord.
Thema:

Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

1. Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds - Similar Threads - Badly Fluctuating Upload

2. How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?

in XboX Insiders
    How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?: I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also would also freeze up at 4k screen before Xbox...
  3. Bad Request-- Headers too long?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bad Request-- Headers too long?: Recently, my Xbox username was forcibly changed, and now I've been trying to go and change it back. Although it seems like I can't do that, because every time I try and find a way to change it or...
  4. Controller sensitivity freak'n bad since last update :)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sensitivity freak'n bad since last update :): Since they rolled out the last update, I noticed the controller sensitivity has been a lot wacky. I move the left joystick and it's freak'n crazy scrolls too fast up, down, left and right, even...
  5. Parties...good or bad for gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parties...good or bad for gaming?: It's a good question. I'm a fan of parties as its an option not a requirement. You can play with your own team, randoms or solo. I agree that I met lots and lots of new people when I didn't run...
  6. Antagonist or "Bad Guys" in games who aren't actually bad?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Antagonist or "Bad Guys" in games who aren't actually bad?: Sometimes we play games where the people who we are fighting are just evil for the sake of being evil. But occasionally we will run into a so called villain who actually isn't a horrible person....
  7. Jogos ruins -[Translation - Bad games]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jogos ruins -[Translation - Bad games]: Estou postando aki a minha indignação para o games with gold, eh [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] com os assinantes a live americana esta oferecendo Castlevania Symphony of night um super jogo [Mod...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 bad player

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 bad player: HI, I am not a country that speaks English but I do my best. Recently playing Forza horizon 4 encountered some bad players deliberately blocking or pushing people to the wall. I reported it later....
  9. Switch版Minecraftにおけるログイン不良 [Translation - Bad login in Switch Minecraft]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch版Minecraftにおけるログイン不良 [Translation - Bad login in Switch Minecraft]: [img] 一昨日からSwitch版MinecraftにおいてMicrosoftアカウントへのサインインができなくなりました。 ブラウザ及びXbox live上では、問題なくサインインできるのですが、コード入力を行うと、【ログイン失敗】「Microsofアカウントへのサインインを試みましたが、問題が発生しました。」と表示されサインインが行えない状況です。...
  10. LFG Is saying im posting bad words i cant make this post

in XBoX on Consoles
    LFG Is saying im posting bad words i cant make this post: can anybody tell me why this post wont work and there telling me I have bad words in it "we are starting our 9th monthly Tenkaichi tournament if you guys want to join all you got to do is message...