Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

Discus and support Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok so I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100nas Modem/Gateway. As of about early June, my 2 Xbox One X consoles cannot play together on the same network,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

Ok so I have a Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100nas Modem/Gateway. As of about early June, my 2 Xbox One X consoles cannot play together on the same network, due to an unstable Upload speed that the Xboxes both report. They are both hardwired. My One X is a part of the Alpha push-ahead ring but problem is present in non-preview consoles as well.

I typically get 250 down/20 up for my speeds, but as of early June it fluctucates back and forth between 1mbps upload and 25. Its so drastic and sudden (constantly this big change in reported speeds) that when my girlfriend and i play together we just rubberband and get disconnected from servers constantly. We havent gamed together in over a month and its frustrating. My PC doesnt experience this issue at all and always reports about 250down/20-25up.

Ive tried the following:

-Power Cycling all devices on the network

-Factory resetting all devices (including gateway)

-Port Forward with Static IPs

-DMZ an X1X on Static IP

-Swapped ports on gateway

-Swapped PC Ethernet (the has no problem) to Xbox One X and issue persists

-Cleared Alternate MAC address on console

-Tried WiFi instead of Ethernet, to no avail

-ISP(Mediacom) says ports needed are open

-ISP checked all lines and cables

-ISP replaced all lines and splitters to the dropline

-ISP checked SNR and Power levels (they are ok)

-ISP tried one of their modems and issue persists

-ISP removed and re-configured my gateway on their end

-Gateway shows minimal to 0 correctable/uncorrectable errors

-Disabled ipv4/ipv6 firewall settings to test

-Tested OG/S models on public firmwares

-Lagging happens on every game, not just one

Things I HAVENT been able to try yet:

-test speeds at another location (need higher speeds to test on as people i know dont use high upload)

-Switching Cat 5e cables for Cat 6

Im Im honestly at a loss. I doubt many people have 2 Xbox One X consoles on the same network playing together, but Im really starting to wonder if there was an update at the beginning half of June thats causing this problem. Me and my ISP are literally at our last steps and cannot figure this out at all. Its stressful because we played together a lot and now we cant in any capacity..... As of last night my console alone started lagging so badly as the only one playing that I couldn't even enjoy the game I was playing. Help?

submitted by /u/Co2_Outbr3ak
    [link] [comments]

/u/Co2_Outbr3ak, Jul 12, 2019
  2. zanswer Win User

Fluctuating Packet loss Download/upload speeds.

@A 0wner hey hey

What Your problem exactly? I don't get. Packet loss and D/U speed is not depending on ports. Can You explain from the begging, what problem You have.
  3. SpyShadow Win User

latency

I would suggest as soon as you start to see the latency issues, to pop over to a PC and run a network test. You can go to numerous sites to test it, but I would be interested in knowing if your download or upload speeds fluctuate based on the time of day.
  4. SpicyBanana1702 Win User

Xbox Downloads are broken - Live Services issue?

This is exactly the issue.

Started this week, fluctuating and slow download speeds, if at all.

frustrating and not addressed.
  5. djmistaspot Win User

Downloading updates

There are so many variables to download speeds you cant really say one thing will fix it. I know my speeds fluctuate alot
  6. EVASIVE rabbi Win User

Xbox app on PC

Hi KoKoola,

Sometimes internet speeds can be throttled if your modem or gateway has not been reset in a while. I know this is a "step one" process but some people miss it.

In my case I have downloaded a speedtest app on my phone to test my download and upload speeds daily. I would highly suggest downloading that app and seeing if your ISP is giving you the speeds you pay for.

Also try to minimize wireless connectivity from the modem to pc. Wired connections are the best solution for fluctuations is speed.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds

1. Badly Fluctuating Upload Speeds - Similar Threads - Badly Fluctuating Upload

2. Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?: Clicked on one of the boxes in the reward app(mobile app). It opened IE for some reason and pops up a huge Certificate error - The site is not secure -...
  3. Good Ping but bad download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good Ping but bad download speed: I can play games fine with my regular ping, but recently my download speed slowed down a lot. When ever I try to update/ download a game, the speed goes to 1 Mb. We have multiple xboxs, and the...
  4. Microsoft employee, credit fraud, bad support, lack of understanding, threatning to ban nonstop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft employee, credit fraud, bad support, lack of understanding, threatning to ban nonstop: My friends recently contacted microsoft about a hacker on minecraft, i dont know the full story but when they contacted this guy he said he was going to ban there accounts for protocol, then they...
  5. Very Bad Audio When Recording With Xbox game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Very Bad Audio When Recording With Xbox game Bar: Whenever i record with the Xbox game bar or make a clip its very Choppy and staticky. I use this software for my YouTube but i cant use a lot of my recording's because of it....
  6. bad games again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bad games again: I see we get a load of garbage again for the live games. This makes me want to return to sony 64d16411-e62b-4692-987a-4d5abfdd1bbc
  7. Account creation failed: [100] Bad CD Key

in XBoX on Windows
    Account creation failed: [100] Bad CD Key: Hi, I have bought and installed the Age of Empire 3, when I tried to create ESO account, I was unable to do this and received an error: Account creation failed: [100] Bad CD Key. The game is a...
  8. Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?: I've owned my elite version 2 controller and after 6 months of ownership, I'm already experiencing stick drift and my Right Bumper doesn't register unless I press on it really hard. It was...
  9. Madden Bad We Need Ncaa 14 back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden Bad We Need Ncaa 14 back: If you are reading this than Please make this go viral I really want ncaa 14 back or for madden to have a better franchise mode. Ive been playing madden since 2015 and little to nothing has been...
  10. Bad solder, not bad bumper switch on xbox 1 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Bad solder, not bad bumper switch on xbox 1 controller: Prepared to replace right bumper switch when I noticed under the magnifying glass that there was very little solder around the points compared to the left switch. Upon a closer look, saw a crack...