Battery packs and MicroUSB cable (not p and c)

Discus and support Battery packs and MicroUSB cable (not p and c) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have two energizer battery packs for my xbox one controllers but misplaced the charger. Recently, i'm using a microusb cable with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JB392, Apr 7, 2015.

1. JB392
    JB392 Guest

Hello,

I have two energizer battery packs for my xbox one controllers but misplaced the charger. Recently, i'm using a microusb cable with my controller, i realize that I can play games this way but will the battery charge this way? How do i confirm this either
    way? Thank you very much.

I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum before, sorry about that.

:)

JB392, Apr 7, 2015
  2. MicroUSB cable with xbox one battery packs (not p and c)

I don't think they can charge through the USB connection like the official MS Play and Charge packs. Took a look and it the base has it's own AC adapter and you replace the battery compartment cover so the charging contacts can contact the base. Different
    battery types require specific charging circuits so unless these packs are identical to the MS play and charge pack I would say no it won't. You need the charging stand and AC adapter that came with your battery packs.

A method to try would be run the battery pack down until the controller won't stay on and connect the USB cable for awhile and see if the battery charge indicator increases after you remove the USB cable. For the official MS play and charge kit on the support
    xbox.com support site it says,"Other USB-certified cables can be used to charge your controller’s batteries. Again, charging time may vary compared to the charge cable provided." So any USB cable should work if it can at all. Also says,"Look at the Home screen
    of your console to see if the battery is indicated and charging."

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Apr 7, 2015
  3. JB392
    JB392 Guest
    MicroUSB cable with xbox one battery packs (not p and c)

Thanks, when I turned on my console the home page did not have an indicator with the cable plugged in. I guess that means it doesn't work. Next, I will unplug the cable and see if the battery level has increased at all. Thank you for the reply.

JB392, Apr 7, 2015
  4. JB392 Win User

Thanks, when I turned on my console the home page did not have an indicator with the cable plugged in. I guess that means it doesn't work. Next, I will unplug the cable and see if the battery level has increased at all. Thank you for the reply.
  5. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

I don't think they can charge through the USB connection like the official MS Play and Charge packs. Took a look and it the base has it's own AC adapter and you replace the battery compartment cover so the charging contacts can contact the base. Different
    battery types require specific charging circuits so unless these packs are identical to the MS play and charge pack I would say no it won't. You need the charging stand and AC adapter that came with your battery packs.

A method to try would be run the battery pack down until the controller won't stay on and connect the USB cable for awhile and see if the battery charge indicator increases after you remove the USB cable. For the official MS play and charge kit on the support
    xbox.com support site it says,"Other USB-certified cables can be used to charge your controller’s batteries. Again, charging time may vary compared to the charge cable provided." So any USB cable should work if it can at all. Also says,"Look at the Home screen
    of your console to see if the battery is indicated and charging."
  6. IceStorm III Win User

chargers

A micro USB cable will not charge rechargeable AA batteries. It should charge the battery pack from the P&C kit.

Keep in mind it cannot safely charge rechargeable AA batteries. There's more than one chemical mix used to create AA rechargeable batteries. That's why the P&C kit packs use a different set of terminals inside the controller.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

USB ports

Pick up four low-discharge AA batteries and a charger. P&C packs are problematic. Cabling is messy.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Use NiMH Batteries in Wireless Controllers

Not sure why this is a revelation. Most rechargeable AA batteries available today are NiMH. There have been pictures of the inside of the P&C pack on The Internet for years.

The P&C kit is a waste of money. When the batteries discharge below a certain level they won't charge again without fiddling. They cannot be reconditioned by the P&C kit. The only benefit I see is that the P&C kit can power the controller when the batteries
    are dead, but that's true even if you use the AA battery holder and connect the P&C cable.
Thema:

1. Battery packs and MicroUSB cable (not p and c) - Similar Threads - Battery packs MicroUSB

2. Xbox rechargeable battery pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox rechargeable battery pack: Recently (2 weeks ago) bought Microsoft Rechargeable Battery pack kit. Surprised now to see the battery no longer holds charge. Battery has been left charging when not in use and when put to use...
  3. Battery Pack Warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery Pack Warranty.: Hello i purchased a battery back microsoft Xbox. And it does not charge. and wont work endless its connected to a power source. Also the power cord included does not work 80% of the time. i see...
  4. I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller: My controller is wireless and has a rechargeable battery pack but I don't know how to charge it. My console is almost 10 years old so I possibly could have lost the charge cord. I have the main...
  5. Rechargeable battery pack -- light will not come on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rechargeable battery pack -- light will not come on: I see some old threads but they are closed, hence a new question: I have 2 rechargeable battery packs with cables for the our controllers. On one controller, the amber/white light does not come...
  6. Xbox one Play and charge battery pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Play and charge battery pack: Hi guys, we are having problems with our play and charge kit battery pack. It has stopped charging so we have to be constantly wired in. Now, the problem is that we bought it ages ago for a new...
  7. xbox one controller play battery pack pc question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller play battery pack pc question: I was wondering if there was a way to get my controller to automatically re-sync to Bluetooth after recharging the battery play pack when I unplug the cable from my USB the light flashes like it's...
  8. Xbox One charge cable for battery pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One charge cable for battery pack: is the cable that connects the Xbox play & charge kit- official version (battery+cord). Is the charge cable a simple usb to micro usb cable? Thanks for help. fde51270-fbc9-4da6-b3ae-a7b7ebd24384
  9. How long a 2800man battery pack last?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long a 2800man battery pack last?: I wanna know if they last longer than a 1400mah 5f707567-d86d-4fc5-b22b-8e74108b1832
  10. MicroUSB cable with xbox one battery packs (not p and c)

in XBoX on Consoles
    MicroUSB cable with xbox one battery packs (not p and c): Hello, I have two energizer battery packs for my xbox one controllers but misplaced the charger. Recently, i'm using a microusb cable with my controller, i realize that I can play games this way...