Battlefield 4 Install/Update Problem

Discus and support Battlefield 4 Install/Update Problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a physical copy of Battlefield 4 for my Xbox One. Upon my first installation attempt, it got to approximately 26% installed and it allowed me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mavirikk, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mavirikk
    Mavirikk Guest

I have a physical copy of Battlefield 4 for my Xbox One. Upon my first installation attempt, it got to approximately 26% installed and it allowed me to start the game. So I did. When I attempted to launch the game, however, it took me to a screen in which
    it said that the game needed an update. So I activated the update. Ever since then the game has been giving me problems. It seemed to create two tiles for the game under "My games & apps." And it seemed to freeze the install when I did that.

Following advice I found online, I disconnected the Xbox from the internet and deleted the game. I reinstalled the game and allowed it to go to 100%. I even played the campaign a bit. Nonetheless, when I tried to download the update again in order to play
    online, the install froze. Under "My games & apps" the tile that represents the game says "queued" while the tile that was created when I tried to download the update says "Paused" and 0%. I cannot un-pause that tile. I cannot delete that tile. I cannot cancel
    that tile. I click cancel, and the Xbox "confirm" tone sounds, but nothing actually happens. And I cannot move the game tile forward in the queue order past the tile that seems to be frozen. I
    can cancel the tile that represents the installed game, but that takes me back to having to re-install the entire game. And to do that, I have to disconnect the Xbox from the internet, eject the disc, and turn off/on the Xbox. If I don't do that process, the
    install for the game stays frozen at 0%. Yet, even though that will reinstall the game, it never gets rid of this second tile that I believe was created when I attempted to download the update before the game was finished installing on my first attempt.

I've gone through this process three times now and messed around with it for more than three hours. I'm getting very frustrated. If I wanted problems, I would have gotten a PC game. Console games, in my opinion, ought to just work. That's why I spent $500
    for a dedicated gaming machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Mavirikk, Jan 24, 2014
  2. ATOL D NHAAL
    ATOL D NHAAL Guest
    Multiplayer updates for Battlefield 4

Do I need to install multiplayer update 1 to Battlefield 4 if I already have multiplayer updates 2 and 3 installed? Hey we would sure appreciate it.

ATOL D NHAAL, Jan 24, 2014
  3. NASHMAN100
    NASHMAN100 Guest
    Unable to install mandatory game updates.

When I try to launch battlefield 4 or MGS I get a popup that says to install a mandatory update, when I press install it instead takes me to the games store page.

NASHMAN100, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Battlefield 4 Install/Update Problem

Mrs Sn0wman G18, Jan 25, 2014
  5. Mrs Sn0wman G18 Win User

6. IceJaiden Win User

Fifa 14 Re-Installing on Xbox One for anyone else?

It happened to me on battlefield 4 instead of updating it seemed to delete it and had to install the complete game again.
  7. Crypfox Win User

Xbox problems

Hey, Salmon!

Unfortunately, scratches on the disc (even the littlest) could cause major problems, so I wouldn't rule it out. Perhaps try deleting your system cache and re-installing the latest Battlefield 4 update.
  8. D4DAMA6ER Win User

Battlefield 4 installation problems

Yet another game which requires spending more money on memory, funny that you can't just use any external HD !!! Another rip off just buy a Playstation you don't hear of these problems with their product
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

battlefield 4 installation problem

The internal storage in your Xbox 360 is flash memory, not a hard drive. You'll need to attach storage externally or purchase an Xbox 360 HDD.

Hard Drives

Thema:

1. Battlefield 4 Install/Update Problem - Similar Threads - Battlefield Install Update

2. Battlefield V Deluxe Edition installed ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield V Deluxe Edition installed ?: Split from this thread. Not sure where to post this ... I purchased Battlefield V bundle including Battlefield 1 addons but also says Deluxe Edition and shows it's installed in manage apps...
  3. Disc installation fo battlefield 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc installation fo battlefield 3: I recently brought battlefield 3 which has 2 discs but the 2nd disc won't install. What do i do. ed2414f9-309c-496f-bde5-67b3805ec584
  4. Battlefield V installing by itself overnight

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield V installing by itself overnight: I just turned my console on this morning to find Battlefield V in my queue. About 20% downloaded. I never bought it. It's not showing up in my purchases history. I stopped the installation but it...
  5. How to use the redeem code of battlefield 1 to install on my xbox one

in XBoX Rewards
    How to use the redeem code of battlefield 1 to install on my xbox one: Please help step wise to use the redeem code of battlefield 1 to install on my xbox 68455a51-98e5-4f9c-aa5c-350b1bba0de4
  6. Battlefield 1 "Installation stopped"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 1 "Installation stopped": Basically... Help? I had a few errors so I tried to re-install Battlefield. As soon as the game was off of my xbox, I can't for the life of me get it back on there. Every time I try to re-install...
  7. Battlefield won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield won't install: I just purchased a new copy of Battlefield 1. When I put the disc in, nothing happens. No pop ups about it installing, nothing in the queue. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. My battlefield one disc won't start installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My battlefield one disc won't start installing: I want to return or exchange my new battlefield one that just came out that I just purchased...it won't install and I can't get the help to do so...all my other disc games work but this brand new...
  9. Problems installing battlefield 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing battlefield 1: Hey guys i just bought a used xbox one along with a brand new sealed copy of battlefield 1. Before i even inserted the disc of the game i noticed it was on the list of games ready to install so i...
  10. When installing Battlefield 3 Physical warfare pack on xbox one I recieve the error 0x8b050066

in XBoX on Consoles
    When installing Battlefield 3 Physical warfare pack on xbox one I recieve the error 0x8b050066: The same happens when installing close quarters update, Armored Kill, End Game, After math,Premium, update 6, back to karkand, and Karkand update, I can not find any support information on this...