Battlefield 5 via game pass not home sharing

Discus and support Battlefield 5 via game pass not home sharing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Battlefield 5 will not play for account I home share with. We can homeshare every game on gamepass but this one. When they try to play online, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoshuaChorman, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Battlefield 5 via game pass not home sharing

Battlefield 5 will not play for account I home share with.

We can homeshare every game on gamepass but this one.

When they try to play online, it says we need to upgrade from trial version.

I have been through customer support with xbox and ea. They punt to eachother back and forth, not helping.

I have reinstalled, restarted, switched home xbox’s, deleted local save data, and downloaded from both game pass and ea play.

I believe xbox is accountable because I pay them for game pass and that is the delivery method, and havent directly paid ea for the game.

Very frustrated with both xbox and ea for the lack of results and accountability.

Can anyone help?

:)

JoshuaChorman, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Game Pass for Family

The Xbox One Home system works by sharing your Gold and Game Pass to all gamertags on your Home console. You can learn how to set up Home via this link https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

On any other console you would only need to have your gamertag signed in for other people to share your Gold and Game Pass.

The sharing feature does not extend to PC games or Game Pass
  3. Mister Quasar Win User

Xbox Live sharing

Thanks for reaching out, BuchyM!

To clarify, a Game Pass membership would not share via the Home console - games that are installed via Game Pass will share, but the account that owns the Game Pass membership would need to be the one to download the game.

To make sure, do both you and that friend show active Xbox Live Gold memberships when you sign in and check your
    Subscriptions Page?
  4. Zenosos Win User

Xbox gold for family

Unfortunately Xbox live discontinued their family membership to pursue game pass, however I do recommend that you have the 2 adult accounts with the Xbox live membership and share with the child accounts via home share feature on consoles
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Game pass family sharing

Hi PiggybackCarrot,

as I know: Only the subscriber can download the PASS Games but after it is at the console, everyone can Play (one via HOME sharing and one via subscriber Logged in console)

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  6. Arminator Win User

When I go into settings to make my Xbox one my home console and it won't allow me.

In order to prevent people from excessively sharing their game library with multiple people, the game publishers wanted to limit the amount of times games can be shared.

The Home Console sharing is normally only used to share your games with family members in your own home, but can be "abused" to share your games (and Gold membership) to a friend if you want to.

But you can only do that 5 times during 365 days (previously you could change the Home Console setting only 3 times).

If you reached that limit, you can try to contact the official support via
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
    and hope they allow you one additional Home Console change. After that, you'll have to wait until 365 days have passed since the first Home Console change.

More
    information about the Home Console sharing and the limits is here
Thema:

Battlefield 5 via game pass not home sharing

1. Battlefield 5 via game pass not home sharing - Similar Threads - Battlefield via game

2. Xbox 1 battlefield 4 premium community test game not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 battlefield 4 premium community test game not working.: I bought this add on last night and it won't play. Keeps say we server down. 7e9a39e8-0de7-4e8d-9ab1-8a8ecc7bf367
  3. Battlefield bad company 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield bad company 2: This is my favorite game. The reason I have an xbox and live. My live expired and I didnt realize tried to play and got banned. Now EA giving me the run around. It's been 6 months I been trying to...
  4. Battlefield 3 Xbox one X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 3 Xbox one X: Hi, I own Battlefield 3 (digital) and it works fine on my original Xbox. When I try to play it on my Xbox one X it says “You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE to access Xbox LIVE game play...
  5. Battlefield 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 1: Battlefield 1 won't. Connect to servers 56ef4df8-e845-4ef5-9dcb-ee8017a75a86
  6. Battlefield 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battlefield 4: early today my campaign progress got reset on Xbox One what could cause it to do that? 6a45d5e3-1bd5-4954-9714-06275fa36b77
  7. Can't play Battlefield V on Xbox Series S, Game Pass Ultimate on another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Battlefield V on Xbox Series S, Game Pass Ultimate on another account: Hello Yesterday I bought my brand new Xbox Series S but since then I can't play Battlefield V on Xbox Series S, have Game Pass Ultimate on another account with this console as primary. I have...
  8. Transfer rank from Battlefield 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer rank from Battlefield 1: Have had battlefield 1 on my xbox for 5 years. I just loaded another battlefield 1 on my laptop. How can I transfer battlefiedl 1 "rank" from xbox to battlefield 1 pn my laptop. Thanks...
  9. Battlefield 1943

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 1943: Ive just purchased an xboxone s. With game pass ive DL'd battlefield 1943 and apparently its a no-go with xboxone?? Why in gods name would they allow the download in the first place??...
  10. Battlefield V - Verbindungsprobleme via VPN umgehen zulässig? (Mod Translation: Battlefield...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battlefield V - Verbindungsprobleme via VPN umgehen zulässig? (Mod Translation: Battlefield...: Ich habe beim Spiel Battlefield V massiven Paketverlust der auf einen Knoten von Unitymedia zurückzuführen ist. Den EA-Leitfaden habe ich bereits befolgt:...