Battlescreen incompatible with Surface 2

Discus and support Battlescreen incompatible with Surface 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; READ FIRST BEFORE REFERRING ME ELSEWHERE Problem: The Xbox One smartglass app on my windows surface 2 cannot launch the BF4 companion app. It says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChristianjamesScott, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Battlescreen incompatible with Surface 2

READ FIRST BEFORE REFERRING ME ELSEWHERE

Problem: The Xbox One smartglass app on my windows surface 2 cannot launch the BF4 companion app. It says that "your browser is not supported." When I go to Internet Explorer itself and try to launch battlescreen via the battelog website, it refers me to
    the smartglass app.

Why Ive done: After reinstalling updating and restarting in different combinations, I finally called EA to discuss the issue. After having to have me on hold while he sent the problem "up the ladder" he found out that supposedly Microsoft has stated that
    the specific battlscreen companion app for BF4 on smartscreen is incompatible with the current Surface operating system. He then told me I should discuss the issue with Microsoft.

Why I'm Here: What makes this bad is that when pressing select while playing BF4 it specifically shows a Windows Surface Tablet and says "Experience Battlescreen: Get the upper hand by using smartglass as an extended minimap etc." Although I will be contacting
    Windows Surface Support, I'm also sending this here because it is specifically being falsely advertised in the Xbox version of BF4 and not in the PS4 version.

I'm wondering if this problem is even going to be addressed by Microsoft either by fixing the tablet or removing the ad in the game. Either case, it is ridiculous the lack of functionality and blatant false advertisement

:)

ChristianjamesScott, Feb 24, 2014
  2. smartglass companion on surface pro is not a tablet version?

the battlescreen companion doesnt work on surface pro... gives a screen thats says its only available on tablets...

AndrewChobaniuk, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Battlefield 4's Battlscreen incompatible w/ Surface 2

I know you say repeatedly that you don't want to be referred elsewhere - but this is the Xbox One forum.

Xbox One runs BF4 fine, Smartglass runs the Battlescreen fine, and Win 8 & 8.1 run the battlescreen fine (I use it on my Win8 Samsung ATIV pro tablet)

....so if there is a problem, I'm afraid it must be with the surface 2.

As a result, i'm not sure you are going to get much joy looking for help on the Xbox One forums. The problem isn't with the Xbox One or even Smartglass.

You'd be better off on the Surface forums imho.

David Russell Hook, Feb 24, 2014
  4. David Russell Hook Win User

Battlefield 4's Battlscreen incompatible w/ Surface 2

I know you say repeatedly that you don't want to be referred elsewhere - but this is the Xbox One forum.

Xbox One runs BF4 fine, Smartglass runs the Battlescreen fine, and Win 8 & 8.1 run the battlescreen fine (I use it on my Win8 Samsung ATIV pro tablet)

....so if there is a problem, I'm afraid it must be with the surface 2.

As a result, i'm not sure you are going to get much joy looking for help on the Xbox One forums. The problem isn't with the Xbox One or even Smartglass.

You'd be better off on the Surface forums imho.
  5. foxmcleoud Win User

BF4 Battlescreen won't load in Surface

T Rev, I second that. Having the same problem myself.
  6. Jason Eales Win User

Battlescreen

Hi PoisonBullet9

I have a Surface RT as well and it does not work either, same issue as you it gets to the loading screen and.... nothing

So I tried it on my Windows 8.1 PC using Smartglass and got the same result. I thought I would have a third time lucky by trying Smartglass on my Nokia Lumia 920... no joy there either, all I got was the same loading screen.

What confuses me the most is that on the XB1 and the Battlefieds4.com site it clearly states that Battlescreen works through Smartglass. So the question is why wont it work!

I found this link to another thread where they recon that a fix is coming

forums.xbox.com/.../1630272.aspx
  7. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Broke Down ~ Bought a new Windows Tablet

the surface 2 is brand new coz the surface 1 didnt sell very well. the surface 2 has 208DPI does 208dpi make much dif to 268dpi? surface 2 is £359
  8. ChristianjamesScott Win User

Battlefield 4's Battlscreen incompatible w/ Surface 2

Its not that I don't want to be referred elsewhere, I just said to read the whole post first. That and I already said I was in the process of contacting the support for surface as well.

The reason why I brought it up here is that in the Xbox One version of the game it shows a Surface which EA (at least their understanding) said that it did not work on the Surface's Operating system. That's why I thought it was important to post it here
    because the game is advertising for something that doesn't work.
Thema:

Battlescreen incompatible with Surface 2

1. Battlescreen incompatible with Surface 2 - Similar Threads - Battlescreen incompatible Surface

2. BO4 Incompatible network version

in XBoX on Consoles
    BO4 Incompatible network version: Error message on multiplayer. 9cbfa421-7a08-44fd-88ba-80271021af67
  3. Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC: hi there, i'm trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc and i'm having problems with it, i've tried many things at this point, i tried changing the driver, updade the driver, unstalling and...
  4. Dead Space 2 Backwards Incompatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space 2 Backwards Incompatible?: Hello X Community, I recently got my hands on a used copy of Dead Space 2 to which I tried running the game on my XB1 but to no avail for it gave me a system error stating that the game isn't...
  5. Crash Bandicoot Wrath of cortex incompatible xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crash Bandicoot Wrath of cortex incompatible xbox360: Bonjour j'ai acheté un jeux Crash Bandicoot Wrath of cortex hier je l'ai télécharger sur ma console xbox 360 et quand je vien pour y jouer... impossible le jeux ne démarre pas je me sent...
  6. Incompatible region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incompatible region: Good Morning! A few days ago, at that time, I tried to make a purchase of an Xbox 360 game on live and could not because then the region was not compatible. But then I tried to buy two other games...
  7. Xbox incompatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox incompatibility: Having recently purchased a new Bang and Olufsen 55 inch Avant TV I was persuaded to buy with it a new X box. However from time to time when loading a new DVD the faces of everyone come out...
  8. Anybody got Battlescreen working on Win8.1 Smartglass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody got Battlescreen working on Win8.1 Smartglass?: Hi all, I'm currently trying to get Battlescreen to work (you know, the Smartglass app of BF4 where you can see the entire map) but it doesn't seem to be working. I got "Browser not supported"...
  9. incompatibility between xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    incompatibility between xbox: hi ,i bought an xbox one x ten days ago ,i have installed 4 games ,2 are fonctionnals ,2 are crashing litterally my xbox ,fifa 18 and PUBG,i have changed the xbox where i bought it ,try another...
  10. Beats Solo3 incompatible as an Xbox One headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Beats Solo3 incompatible as an Xbox One headset?: For quite a while, I've used a Jabra Revo Wireless headset, plugged in with its audio cable to my controller, as my headset. Game audio, chat, all that good stuff. It's worked great. I just got a...