Been paying for Xbox Live Gold AS WELL as the Game Pass - will I be refunded?

Discus and support Been paying for Xbox Live Gold AS WELL as the Game Pass - will I be refunded? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm here to ask the community forum if I am entitled to a refund. Last December I had purchased my first gaming console and had utilized the vouchers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Little Computer, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Been paying for Xbox Live Gold AS WELL as the Game Pass - will I be refunded?

I'm here to ask the community forum if I am entitled to a refund. Last December I had purchased my first gaming console and had utilized the vouchers that had come with the new unit. Upon the end of the terms I had proceeded with automatic payments. Between
    my busy life and a couple of relocation I've just recently noticed that I have been making quarterly payments for Xbox Live Gold (which includes the game pass!) as well as separate monthly payments for the Game Pass subscription.

Seems like I've been getting ripped off in monthly auto payments for a service that is already included in my quarterly Gold subscription. I've called the support line and was referred to the refund page where I'm not allowed enough space to provide my 9
    order numbers. So I've given the date ranges for the payments and now await a response.

Do you think I'm entitled to a refund? I feel this happens often and as a profitable oversight I am not optimistic about getting my money back. Though this is my first dispute with Microsoft I understand a refund of a redundant payment for the passed 9 months
    may be beyond the usual inquiry. So I'd like to share this experience with the public for discussion.

Thanks.

:)

Little Computer, Oct 6, 2019
  2. kRevali Win User

I recognize that the description under Gold can be misleading as it states "enjoy the benefits of Xbox Game Pass" although it's a different service, I recommend that if you have been already charged for Gold cancel the GP or upgrade to Ultimate, all you
    already paid will be merged plus 1 more month.
  3. Little Computer Win User

Yeah, thank you.

Hopefully their support team shows a bit more effort in elaborating this in response to my refund inquiry. As it was very unclear until the community here had explained.

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone.
  4. Little Computer Win User

Gold does not come with Game Pass and Game Pass does not come with gold.

If you look to the right of where it says "Enjoy the benefits of Gold and Game Pass" it's to get you to check out Ultimate Game Pass which is a subscription that does include both gold and game pass as well as game pass for PC.
    Oh I see. So that description is merely an advertisement that I may upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate - rather than a note that the service includes the Game Pass.

It could definitely be written out better as I still don't know what's included in these packages. Or at least it's not written out appropriately. The help number made 0 effort to explain this and instead just told me "We can refund you this month but you
    have to fill out this form to get the other 8 months refunded". Which of course lead me to believe I've been ripped off for the past 9 months and they're just trying to write me off.

What a mess.
  5. SuprX BR Win User

dont worry you are not paying for the same service, gold is for playing online; GP is for games catalog service;
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Thema:

1. Been paying for Xbox Live Gold AS WELL as the Game Pass - will I be refunded? - Similar Threads - Been paying Live

2. How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...: The title says it all, how can I unsubscribe from Xbox Game Pass which keeps telling me to pay 9.99, while it's been months that I don't play, I'm not using this pass, but I can't unsubscribe and...
  3. I want to pay a suscription that has been blocked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I want to pay a suscription that has been blocked: I want to pay a suscription, I already have microsoft points, but i don`t have a credit card, what can i do? b2269116-6392-484c-8ddf-04c655f609f8
  4. I have been paying subscription charges for an xbox since 2013 and we have not had an xbox ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have been paying subscription charges for an xbox since 2013 and we have not had an xbox ...: My son was given an Xbox in 2013 as a Christmas present he exchanged the Xbox for a Playstation in 2014 yet subscriptions have continued to come out of my savings account since 2014. After...
  5. I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold for my kid - now it's attached to my MS account WTH?: I've been paying for Xbox Live Gold annual subscription for several years. Last renewed July 1 2018 automatically. Somehow, it's attached to my Microsoft Account now, not my son's, though we...
  6. I've been hacked and changed my gamertag now I have to pay, is it the only way to pay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been hacked and changed my gamertag now I have to pay, is it the only way to pay?: Good Morning, I was hacked a while ago, I was able to recover the account by the means of security of Microsoft, My name is Gabriel, when I entered the account by the computer the name was like...
  7. I have been scammed - Why can't the money on my Microsoft account pay for my 3 month xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been scammed - Why can't the money on my Microsoft account pay for my 3 month xbox live: I bought 15 pounds worth of Xbox live vouchers to find only find out that i can't pay for my 3 Month Xbox live membership. This is a scam seeing as my vouchers directly say 'Xbox live 10' on it...
  8. banned by a newly created account while ive been a paying costumer for 7 years?

in XBoX on Consoles
    banned by a newly created account while ive been a paying costumer for 7 years?: ive been banned for defending myself on xbox messages from accounts that were made just to abuse the ranking system if a game while ive been with xbox for 7 years? because a bunch of young kids...
  9. Need the gamertag "Glide" or "MyMy" recycled please, I'll pay for both, they haven't been in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need the gamertag "Glide" or "MyMy" recycled please, I'll pay for both, they haven't been in ...: hello, Is it possible for you guys to recycle the Gamertags "Glide" or "MyMy"? Both have been unused and inactive for a couple of years and I would like to pay for both please, thank you Xbox....
  10. Been unknowingly paying for Xbox Live for quite a while, is there ANYWAY at all I can get ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Been unknowingly paying for Xbox Live for quite a while, is there ANYWAY at all I can get ...: Sometime last year I purchased a 3 months live subscription and didnt think about auto-renewal as I turned it off a LONG time ago already. Ever since then I have been unintentionally paying for...