Being charged to change my gamertag?

Discus and support Being charged to change my gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrMcWacky, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DrMcWacky
    DrMcWacky Guest

So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it? I thought the first change was for free and pretty sure xbox randomly chose my username?

:)

DrMcWacky, Oct 21, 2019
  2. ForYourAssistance Win User

Alright so you may try to get free gamertag at social.xbox.com
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. NeoDan123 Win User

The Gamertag "FireZebra282579" is not found on the system. Which means your gamertag has been changed once.

The display name on the forums "DrMcWacky" would suggest that it is the new gamertag associated with your account.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Yes, unfortunately your Gamertag looks like a custom chosen one. Xbox always randomly assigns ones with two random words followed by numbers. So "DrMcWacky" would have been chosen by you, already counting as your one free change. If you want to change
    it again, then yes there is a fee.
  6. JoelAlves1987 Win User

Normalmente voce so paga se for fazer a segunda alteracao
Thema:

1. Being charged to change my gamertag? - Similar Threads - Being charged change

2. Being double charged again...not happy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being double charged again...not happy: Since some games i have previously payed for have been added to gamepass my ownership has been revoked. Not all but a least 3 i have owned sinced before gamepass existed now say in the store "You...
  3. Being charged monthly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being charged monthly: I've been charged monthly for an extra fee, why is that? 4630864a-923b-4455-b286-21c6268c8899
  4. PSA: I've been being charged $14.99 per month for GamePass without notification.

in XboX Insiders
    PSA: I've been being charged $14.99 per month for GamePass without notification.: I was one of the Xbox Insiders who had the $1 a month charge for Xbox GamePass Ultimate during the testing period. It said that I would be notified of any changes in the fee in advance of being...
  5. I don't have an account. Why am I being charged?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't have an account. Why am I being charged?: I have been charged $9.99 for "Microsoft.Xbox" since July 2018. I have never had an Xbox account. How can I get this removed? 190ac325-0259-4d0e-9c21-145602f1cc85
  6. Xbox Game Pass being charged twice

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass being charged twice: Hey all. It seems Microsoft is charging me double for my Game Pass, but the weird thing is that Game Pass only shows up once in my subscriptions. I've cancelled the Game Pass subscription that...
  7. I want to change my gamertag for the first time, but I'm being charged for it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to change my gamertag for the first time, but I'm being charged for it: After so many years of being NIBLING CORN I decide to finally change it to something else. The name I want isn't taken, awesome, but they bring up a screen saying I have to pay $9.99 (Which I find...
  8. First name change, being charged $10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    First name change, being charged $10.: I got a new Xbox, I set my account up with no issue and renamed myself just fine. My girlfriend wanted an account, but she can't rename herself at all because it tells her she needs to pay to...
  9. I've never changed my Xbox Live Gamertag before but i'm still being charged for it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've never changed my Xbox Live Gamertag before but i'm still being charged for it.: So let me clear some things up: I've had my XBL account for over eight years. My Gamertag is wholly original, I did not get it from one of those gamertag generators. I've never changed my...
  10. Being charged to change gamertag after Mircosoft changed mine because it was ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being charged to change gamertag after Mircosoft changed mine because it was ...: My gamertag was originally [Mod Removed] and I received a message saying it was inappropriate and has been replaced with an automatically generated Gamertag. I want to change my gamertag to...