Belgium only French

Discus and support Belgium only French in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For so many years and still not solved for Belgium. Games only available in French. Why not make it possible to choose the language? I’m pretty sure... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FiFtyEuro, Dec 3, 2019.

1. FiFtyEuro
    FiFtyEuro Guest

Belgium only French

For so many years and still not solved for Belgium. Games only available in French.

Why not make it possible to choose the language? I’m pretty sure Toy Story 3 does exist in English?

If Nintendo and Playstation can give every Belgian games in English...

:)

FiFtyEuro, Dec 3, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Belgium only French

@wish doesnt apply to xbox 360 games

They go by the primary language of your region

And region locks do apply

What you are talking about is xbox ONE games
  3. FiFtyEuro Win User

Belgium only French

I don't really care how they lock it. In Belgium main languages are Dutch, French and even German.

Many other languages are spoken in Belgium. Microsoft has chosen French for Belgium, I guess in their system they have to choose a language for each country? That is really the way to go as the world is getting more diverse.

Instead of connecting gamers and let them choose MS is saying "You wanna play the game in your own language? Then go to the region (not your home country) where we have chosen that language for you.".

The way it works is just really really stupid. Why can't people choose the language of a game?

Before you comment take in mind that some movies are only available in French..

Some American, English movies in that microsoft store on Xbox, original spoken in English only available in spoken (dubbed) French. It's almost the year 2020..

Read the bold again and don't even try to justify that..
  4. ngocphi Win User

Belgium only French

Fyi.they go for the majority of the market in your region

2.movies are distibuted by the distributer and licensed as such

If the distributor gives ms a english license you will get an english movie for your region

Thats not what I said

One xbox 360 games are region specific

If french content is licensed for your region aka the publisher in this case pixar and disney

Then thata all you can get

Xbox one content is based on your console setting again region and language indepedence is only an xbox one feature

Games dont have language settings usually and very few do ingame

Otherwise you have to rely on your region of your account

You can try and get out of region content for 360 can end with a region lock error in which case you cant get the said content

If you try and change the region of your account to try and force it keep in mind it may not garentee you will get it AND it cant be undone for 3months

Meanwhile you wont be able to get 360 content that is region locked

A lot of xbox 360 games check your IP and no we cant suggest work arounds because its against the terms of use

And 99.9% of the time will still end in failure
  5. FiFtyEuro Win User

Belgium only French

Back in the day I bought a Xbox 360 with download codes for 3 games. 2 of them where Halo Reach and Fable 2. No notices on the box but those games where spoken and written in French only. System language English, region Belgium.. Try all you want, there
    are no excuses for that. 10+ years later there is still no solution. Explain all you want. My kid won’t play Toy Story 3 in French on Xbox, he’s back to his Nintendo and Playstation consoles. I’ll tell my kids MS don’t care about non French people in Belgium.
    It’s a great marketing strategy.
  6. NLbawz Win User

Belgium only French

Same issue Ubisoft games got. I rather play in full English, both text (!!!) and audio so making this a global thing for all games would be amazing, however that's a developer sided thing.
Thema:

Belgium only French

1. Belgium only French - Similar Threads - Belgium French

2. Xbox Live Rewards for Belgium ?

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox Live Rewards for Belgium ?: Hello, the xbox live reward service will be available when for Belgium? We pay our xbox consoles much more expensive than in France and we are not even entitled to this service! Thank you in...
  3. Anybody knows if buying game as a gift works from Belgium to England? Or is it classed other ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody knows if buying game as a gift works from Belgium to England? Or is it classed other ...: I wanna buy my friend who moved to England a game for his birthday but i'm worried if it will be classed as being another region. 6e6efed9-a42a-4852-bf49-006d00b64866
  4. Outdated program number for Belgium Operator Proximus

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outdated program number for Belgium Operator Proximus: Hi, Proximus in Belgium has recenlty updated their chanel number, could you please upgrade the One Guide in order to follow the numbering ? Many thanks 24e69ae0-38f5-430b-b89b-d099988c129e
  5. Since i changed my region to belgium i am no longer able to access the ingame store of the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since i changed my region to belgium i am no longer able to access the ingame store of the ...: Since i changed my xbox one region to belgium i no longer have access to the add on part of the xbox live store call of duty ghosts dlc. I cannot buy the season pass nor can i access the ingame...
  6. Belgium says loot boxes are gambling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Belgium says loot boxes are gambling: Belgium's Justice Minister calls for loot box ban in Europe (Updated) | PC Gamer So politicians in Belgium have investigated and say that loot boxes which are randomised are a form of gambling...
  7. Language achievements belgium

in XBoX on Consoles
    Language achievements belgium: Please fix the language. Belgium is a dutch country, "NOT" a French. the achievements should be in dutch. or put an option to choose the language of your achievements. this is a big problem...
  8. Would I have any problems installing/registering Xbox One in Belgium since it was bought in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would I have any problems installing/registering Xbox One in Belgium since it was bought in ...: I recently bought the Microsoft XBOX One 500GB + Kinect + DC + 3 gams- in a shop in Poland. It is a gift for someone who lives Belgium. Would I have any problems installing/registering/updating...
  9. Language support Belgium

in XBoX on Consoles
    Language support Belgium: HI, When you choose Belgium as locale, there is no option to activate english voice control for the kinect, and most achievements show in french. I know alot of people in Belgium would love an...
  10. Xbox one-Belgium

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one-Belgium: Hello. So i'm from Belgium and I have a Xbox here (purchased a couple of weeks ago). First thing in Belgium we have 3 OFFICIAL languages, Dutch, French and German. Now why are all my...