Belkin: DHCP Reservation

Discus and support Belkin: DHCP Reservation in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Belkin (Routers): DHCP Reservation Login Information Gateway - 192.168.2.1 Username - N/A (None) Password - N/A (None) DHCP Reservation **This... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Aug 1, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Belkin (Routers): DHCP Reservation
    Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.2.1
    • Username - N/A (None)
    • Password - N/A (None)
    DHCP Reservation
    **This router does not support DHCP Reservation**

:)

XB1R Hades, Aug 1, 2014
  2. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.2.1
    • Username - N/A (None)
    • Password - N/A (None)
    DHCP Reservation

**This router does not support DHCP Reservation**

XB1R Hades, Aug 1, 2014
  3. XBR Dionysus
    XBR Dionysus Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.2.1
    • Username - N/A (None)
    • Password - N/A (None)

DHCP Reservation
    *This router does not have DHCP Reservation*

XBR Dionysus, Aug 1, 2014
  4. ACWT Win User

After signing into the router, select Lan settings, the lease time can be set to forever. This is from the Belkin manual:

The length of time the DHCP server will reserve the IP address for each

computer. We recommend that you leave the lease time set to “Forever”.

The default setting is “Forever”, meaning that any time a computer is

assigned an IP address by the DHCP server, the IP address will not

change for that particular computer. Setting lease times for shorter

intervals such as one day or one hour frees IP addresses after the

specified period of time. This also means that a particular computer’s

IP address may change over time. If you have set any of the other

advanced features of the Router such as DMZ or client IP filters, these

are dependent on the IP address. For this reason, you will not want the

IP address to change.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Network: Connected , Internet: Connected , Xbox LIVE: Failed

6. D1NO Win User

DHCP Reservation

Okay cool, so to recap, I should do this dhcp reservation step first before I go into the port forwarding step. And DO I have to hard wire my computer via Ethernet to the e4200 for this dhcp reservation while having my Xbox turned on and connected to the
    e4200?

Thanks
  7. jmcode Win User

Double NAT problems (I Think)

Yes, the Zyxel is a gateway (modem+router), and you have problematic double NAT as a result. If you have access to the right settings, you can put the Zyxel in bridge mode as explained on page 22 of the manual here:

ftp.zyxel.com/.../P-660RU-T1%20v3s_1.01.pdf

This is the best solution, but your ISP may block those settings. If it does, and if it is unwilling to set it to bridge mode for you, another option is to disable DHCP on the Belkin and connect the Zyxel to a LAN port on the Belkin rather than WAN. Reboot
    Zyxel, Belkin, Xbox, and Xbox should get an IP from the Zyxel via DHCP (reserve this IP if the Zyxel supports that). You will then need to do all necessary port forwarding to the Xbox using the Zyxel unless the Zyxel properly implements UPnP (in which case
    enable that).
  8. taidara Win User

Quick question about setting up a static ip address

You do not need to reserve an IP using DHCP reservation with a router that is well-behaved.
Thema:

1. Belkin: DHCP Reservation - Similar Threads - Belkin DHCP Reservation

2. Belkin: System update stopped

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Belkin: System update stopped: Belkin (Routers): System update stopped Hello quintincortez, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox 360 S is providing you with an error code when you try to...
  3. Belkin: Router's Configuration

Belkin: Router's Configuration: Belkin (Routers): Router's Configuration Hey there 808Shauna! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty trying to get your console to connect to your wireless network. Generally, when...
  4. Belkin: Xbox Packet Loss

Belkin: Xbox Packet Loss: Belkin (Routers): Xbox Packet Loss Hi Jbd, Sorry for the issue with packet loss. As it seems the router for some reason isn't communicating correctly with the Xbox console. Are you able to stay...
  5. Belkin: Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP!

Belkin: Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP!: Belkin (Routers): Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP! Hey Ryan, Thank you for reaching out. You will need to see which changes, if any, were made to the network while your console...
  6. Belkin: filtering MAC addresses on new XBOX ONE S

Belkin: filtering MAC addresses on new XBOX ONE S: Belkin (Routers): filtering MAC addresses on new XBOX ONE S If your router security is set to only allow certain MAC addresses you will need to add your console's MAC address to your routers list...
  7. Belkin Belkin F5D5231-4: On my xbox one

Belkin Belkin F5D5231-4: On my xbox one: Belkin (Modems/Gateways) Belkin F5D5231-4: On my xbox one Hello Ryan, Thank you for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear that the issue is still occurring. We recommend completing the port...
  8. Belkin: filering MAC addresses

Belkin: filering MAC addresses: Belkin (Routers): filering MAC addresses Hey Shane! Thanks for bringing this issue to us bud! Unfortunately we suggest getting in contact with the Internet Service Provider or the Router...
  9. Belkin: Xbox one compatible router

Belkin: Xbox one compatible router: Belkin (Routers): Xbox one compatible router You might also consider spending a little more for a good gaming router. domenicofgty uotgiofortite b6e7c1fb-357e-439b-9be0-bbfc29417826
  10. Belkin: DHCP Reservation

Belkin: DHCP Reservation: Belkin (Routers): DHCP Reservation Login Information Gateway - 192.168.2.1 Username - N/A (None) Password - N/A (None) DHCP Reservation **This router does not support DHCP Reservation**...