Billing confirmation email - wrong name

Discus and support Billing confirmation email - wrong name in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; After recently buying a new game, I received my confirmation of purchase email but it was addressed to my old name. Even though I've changed my details... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ArthurTait1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ArthurTait1
    ArthurTait1 Guest

After recently buying a new game, I received my confirmation of purchase email but it was addressed to my old name. Even though I've changed my details on my microsoft account, the emails I receive are addressed to my former name - what can I do to change
    this?

Thanks in advance

:)

ArthurTait1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. ArthurTait1 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd changed my name on my account some time ago, probably pushing onto two years now, that's what so confusing about this issue. Any idea why the info wouldn't have updated in that time?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. If you'd like to ensure that the account information is completely updated to your satisfaction concerning your name, you may wish to double check that these changes took effect already by doing
    the following:

1. Sign in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Select Your info.
    3. Select Edit name to change the name on your account.
    Please bear in mind that after any change that is made to your account (security, personal info, etc), it will take 30 days to fully register with the account or get fully updated. If you made the change to your name within the past 30 days, then that may
    be why your old name was listed there on the confirmation email.

I hope that this information helps out!
  4. ArthurTait1 Win User

I'll definitely do that when the lines are open tomorrow - thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your quick reply as well! Since its been some time after changing/updating your name on the account, you may wish to contact Xbox Support directly to have them take a look at your account to ensure that the name did change correctly.
    We on the forums don't have the tools to help with this. When you go to
    Contact Usto request a callback, follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----Select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----Select See other options
    • Step 3 ----Select topic
    • Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"
    • Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

I hope this helps a bit more and gets things straightened out!
  6. H4MZ3T0ASR Win User

Remove emails with billing confirmations

Hello actually you can't directly change our notification s but you can go into your microsoft account , select the account and turn off notifications.

Thank you for contacting Xbox Forum
Thema:

1. Billing confirmation email - wrong name - Similar Threads - Billing confirmation email

2. Locked out of my Microsoft account, still being billed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of my Microsoft account, still being billed: I bought an xbox one x, and tried to log in to my account, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** , but I need to verify it because of "unusual activity" despite me...
  3. Reoccurring Bill Dates

in XBoX on Mobile
    Reoccurring Bill Dates: This is the 2nd time this has happened and it seems kind of shady. On the Xbox app the reoccurring bill for my game pass did not match the date on my Xbox one console. They were an exact week...
  4. Frustrated with APO billing address

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Frustrated with APO billing address: I am trying to a real person because I am stationed in Europe and there is no way of selecting AE as the state. Ive done the online chat to no avail and I tried doing the call back method and it...
  5. Billing/Refunds

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Billing/Refunds: My 10 year old son charged 97 items to my credit card. The refund team informed me that there is a limit to the number of refunds and I have been refunded 23 of 97 items. It is virtually...
  6. Como alterar um cartão de cobrança na gamepass? [Translate] How do I change a billing...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Como alterar um cartão de cobrança na gamepass? [Translate] How do I change a billing...: Eu fiz a cobrança do meu primeiro mês em um cartão mas quero fazer a do segundo em outro. Como fazer isso? É necessário cancelar a minha inscrição no Game Pass antes de proceder? [Translate] I...
  7. Can somebody explain this billing charge to me please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can somebody explain this billing charge to me please?: Ok. I pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Need For Speed: Heat a while back. Because I have EA Access the total charge of the game was £62.99 According to the email receipt I received at the time,...
  8. Confirm Billing Information

in XBoX Rewards
    Confirm Billing Information: My deposit is not going forward because it says to me that I must verify my billing information, so I go to my account info to check it out and yes, it was all correct. But that was 3 months ago....
  9. Remove emails with billing confirmations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove emails with billing confirmations: Hello I am just trying to turn off email confirmations for every purchase that I make......can anyone help? fa5a5721-10cd-428c-b0dd-7081c02edd19
  10. Can't confirm billing address while signing up for 1 month free xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't confirm billing address while signing up for 1 month free xbox live: Hi, I have never used my 1 month free xbox live subscription on here, so I went over to the website to do it, it asks for my billing info, so I updated it, and clicked next. And when i clicked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. billing confirmation email