Billing confirmation email - wrong name

Discus and support Billing confirmation email - wrong name in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; After recently buying a new game, I received my confirmation of purchase email but it was addressed to my old name. Even though I've changed my details... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ArthurTait1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ArthurTait1
    ArthurTait1 Guest

After recently buying a new game, I received my confirmation of purchase email but it was addressed to my old name. Even though I've changed my details on my microsoft account, the emails I receive are addressed to my former name - what can I do to change
    this?

Thanks in advance

:)

ArthurTait1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. ArthurTait1 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd changed my name on my account some time ago, probably pushing onto two years now, that's what so confusing about this issue. Any idea why the info wouldn't have updated in that time?
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. If you'd like to ensure that the account information is completely updated to your satisfaction concerning your name, you may wish to double check that these changes took effect already by doing
    the following:

1. Sign in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Select Your info.
    3. Select Edit name to change the name on your account.
    Please bear in mind that after any change that is made to your account (security, personal info, etc), it will take 30 days to fully register with the account or get fully updated. If you made the change to your name within the past 30 days, then that may
    be why your old name was listed there on the confirmation email.

I hope that this information helps out!
  4. ArthurTait1 Win User

I'll definitely do that when the lines are open tomorrow - thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your quick reply as well! Since its been some time after changing/updating your name on the account, you may wish to contact Xbox Support directly to have them take a look at your account to ensure that the name did change correctly.
    We on the forums don't have the tools to help with this. When you go to
    Contact Usto request a callback, follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----Select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----Select See other options
    • Step 3 ----Select topic
    • Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"
    • Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

I hope this helps a bit more and gets things straightened out!
  6. H4MZ3T0ASR Win User

Remove emails with billing confirmations

Hello actually you can't directly change our notification s but you can go into your microsoft account , select the account and turn off notifications.

Thank you for contacting Xbox Forum
Thema:

1. Billing confirmation email - wrong name - Similar Threads - Billing confirmation email

2. Facturacion[Translation-Billing]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Facturacion[Translation-Billing]: Como paso mi facturación de de supcricion a pesos argentino porque me figura en dolares [Translation-How do I spend my subscription billing in Argentine pesos because it appears in dollars]...
  3. In my payment and billing, it says i have money but when i go to buy something i have no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    In my payment and billing, it says i have money but when i go to buy something i have no...: So yeah i cant buy anything 85aa04e8-b6e8-4cf3-8fad-7acb8d688331
  4. Recurring billing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recurring billing: Okay startthis off i solved my problem it no biggy but heres whats going on. Coupleonths back i bought a realm on minecraft with recurring billing np at all but trail ran out and charged me for...
  5. APO billing/shipping

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    APO billing/shipping: I am active duty military stationed overseas. My home of record is in the states, but my shipping and billing address is my APO Box, which is the military equivalent of a PO Box. When it comes to...
  6. xbox game pass issue with billing

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass issue with billing: was making a manual payment for the xbox game pass through paypal and set my preferred account so it would take it out of the right account but somewhere along the way its taken it out of the...
  7. Recurring Billing Xbox live gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recurring Billing Xbox live gold: Microsoft says I owe money for a xbox ultimate subscription but I just got my xbox a few months ago and have only used prepaid cards for xbox live. I have never used a credit card or paypal and...
  8. Confirm Billing Information

in XBoX Rewards
    Confirm Billing Information: My deposit is not going forward because it says to me that I must verify my billing information, so I go to my account info to check it out and yes, it was all correct. But that was 3 months ago....
  9. Remove emails with billing confirmations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove emails with billing confirmations: Hello I am just trying to turn off email confirmations for every purchase that I make......can anyone help? fa5a5721-10cd-428c-b0dd-7081c02edd19
  10. Can't confirm billing address while signing up for 1 month free xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't confirm billing address while signing up for 1 month free xbox live: Hi, I have never used my 1 month free xbox live subscription on here, so I went over to the website to do it, it asks for my billing info, so I updated it, and clicked next. And when i clicked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. billing confirmation email