Billing Support to US military stationed overseas

Discus and support Billing Support to US military stationed overseas in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Military personnel stationed overseas have a physical US address that uses either FPO (Fleet Post Office) or APO (Army/Air Force Post Office) for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by StoutBIG OZ99, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Billing Support to US military stationed overseas

Military personnel stationed overseas have a physical US address that uses either FPO (Fleet Post Office) or APO (Army/Air Force Post Office) for a city and states that are generally AE (armed forces Europe), AP (armed forces Pacific), etc...

These are valid US addresses.

Is it possible to Microsoft to add this option as a state in the state scroll down for billing addresses.

:)

StoutBIG OZ99, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

These are valid US addresses.
    Hi,

They maybe valid U.S addresses for receiving mail and what-not, but U.S bases overseas in Europe and Asia are generally not legal U.S territory. My quick research suggests you should Look at your SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement), either that or speak to
    your legal representative or Embassy.

There is of course a secondary issue which can not be overridden by the above, that being Internet access. Xbox Live sets your physical location based on your I.P Address. For Example, if you were in the U.S Air Force based at RAF Lakenheath and had access
    to a Xbox console, you would get your Internet access from the host nation, in this instance from a UK ISP.

So even if you had a U.S address, you would still be physically seen by Xbox Live in whatever host nation you are currently serving. There is no way of getting around this.
  3. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Hi there, sounds like the perfect idea for me. To ensure your idea is read by the team, I recommend you post it over here: Xbox Ideas.

A huge thank you to all you guys do and wishing you all a Happy New Year.
  4. FuZe Crushyy Win User

No support for military overseas

Where did you buy the games/discs and where did you buy the xbox they have to have same region
  5. ngocphi Win User

You can return the console via your retailer usually within the first 30 days why didn't you do that?

Usually it'd faster to take it to your retailer

They would only replace it with a refurbished unit

If you want a new one you will have to head to your retailer assuming you are within the return polcig
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Out of curiosity are these discs that you bought during your deployment or ones that you brought with you from the States?
Thema:

1. Billing Support to US military stationed overseas - Similar Threads - Billing Support military

2. Xbox One Billing and Customer Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Billing and Customer Support: Good afternoon. I would like to contact you with a problem. The fact is that my problem is completely ignored. I contacted the support service on May 17th, talked to 10 support service employees...
  3. Customer Support, Billing are dreadful - 1 week on XBOX and I'm fed up already.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer Support, Billing are dreadful - 1 week on XBOX and I'm fed up already.: As a new XBOX One owner, and new to XBOX in general I made the switch because I was promised the "ultimate experience" in gaming. I was looking for a much better experience than I had on PS4. The...
  4. Billed twice and can't access chat or phone call support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Billed twice and can't access chat or phone call support: I was billed twice last night for a game. Today was trying to access to chat/phone support but the system ask me to put my name and lastname (mandatory) but the fields are disabled (dark grey)....
  5. billing information problem (i already talked with support)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    billing information problem (i already talked with support): Hi i have a serious problem with my billing information, on my xbox one everything is fine (at least today), but in the xbox 360 store (web or in the console) or even when i try to get a game from...
  6. Very bad support of Xbox - Billing and extending Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very bad support of Xbox - Billing and extending Xbox Live: Today I wanted to extend my xBox Gold Live account with one year, but the system did not want to accept my zipcode. I do live in Belgium, but have lived in Netherlands and zipcodes in BE are 4...
  7. Billing support phone number?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing support phone number?: Hello, I am a number of questionable charges in my bill. Where are the phone numbers so I can ask about the charges? Thank you, 877846e3-7e67-40b0-a3ec-8022adc87a37
  8. Need help contacting Billing support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help contacting Billing support: I am in need of help! My phone is the only access i have online, i need a call from xbox live support because my account was locked when i went to redeem a prepaid live card and my phone won't...
  9. How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ...: For starters - I tried to remove an older credit card from a financial institution I no longer bank at. Fails because it's currently being used for subscriptions. OK - that makes sense. Go add...
  10. Bill Gates supports selling off of XBOX division.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bill Gates supports selling off of XBOX division.: I expect it will happen eventually even if its forced by investors, Microsoft founder Bill Gates would support CEO Satya Nadella if he wanted to spinoff the company's Xbox division, Gates said...