bitstream vs 5.1 uncompressed

Discus and support bitstream vs 5.1 uncompressed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope someone could help clarify the difference between HDMI audio out options on my xbox one x . I currently have a yamaha receiver that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HumplenMumple, Aug 19, 2019.

1. bitstream vs 5.1 uncompressed

Hello all,

I hope someone could help clarify the difference between HDMI audio out options on my xbox one x . I currently have a yamaha receiver that does not support dolby atmos and am not sure if I should be using bitstream or 5.1 uncompressed. I am also curious
    once I have figured out my best option for the HDMI audio should the format be DTS digital surround or dolby. Any suggestions/answers would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

:)

HumplenMumple, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Ackis Win User

If your receiver doesnt support Atmos you should stick with 5.1 and enjoy of Dolby. You need a better receiver or soundbar to use Atmos (with atmos is better using bitstream), bitstream with Dolby or DTS the audio will get a bit lossy.

For a better you can see this
    topic
    in Xbox Reddit.
    You can't use Atmos w/o bitstream - interesting why you came up with your conclusion though.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

If your receiver doesnt support Atmos you should stick with 5.1 and enjoy of Dolby. You need a better receiver or soundbar to use Atmos (with atmos is better using bitstream), bitstream with Dolby or DTS the audio will get a bit lossy.

For a better you can see this
    topic
    in Xbox Reddit.
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Dolby Digital decode & audio options

It does or at least the next update does.

Settings-->Display & sound:

- Digital Audio:

1. HDMI audio (stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, Bitstream out)

2. Optical audio (Off, Stereo uncompressed, Bitstream out)

-if u select Bitstream out (DTS Digital Surround, Dobly Digital)
  5. Deadlyhifi Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

I have just switched sound output from bitstream to 5.1 uncompressed and the crackling has gone. Issue with bitstream perhaps.
  6. Potty Monster Win User

Xbox One Surround Sound Not Working over HDMI

Similar issues here, uncompressed only gives stereo output even when setting to uncompressed 5.1.. Setting to bitstream 5.1 works fine. Use to be fine until recent update
Thema:

1. bitstream vs 5.1 uncompressed - Similar Threads - bitstream uncompressed

2. Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:: Hi, Yesterday I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX for Xbox One microphone. I run my Xbox One X audio via a Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver to speakers, with Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos HDMI on Xbox audio...
  3. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD signals not sent to reciever d6e53a54-a891-48af-9d41-cf336131c1eb
  4. Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X: Hi, It seems the Xbox One X can only output one bitstream format at a time if you enable both HDMI and optical audio output. What I don't understand is why there is no way to configure HDMI and...
  5. DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD: Hi, I've got an Xbox One S (European variant - DVD Region 2, Blu-ray Region B), it's fully updated (OS version 10.0.17763.3066) and overall I'm pretty happy with it. It also doubles as a main...
  6. Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio output changes from bitstream to stereo: I got my One S hooked up to Marantz AV-receiver with Atmos support. If I set audio output to HDMI, bitstream, and Atmos the sound works as it's supposed to. Problem is, every now and then Xbox...
  7. Xbox One X keeps switching to 7.1 from bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps switching to 7.1 from bitstream: Hi,, Every time I turn my xbox one x back on, the audio output is on 7.1 uncompressed rather than bitstream. I reset it every time so I'm getting Dolby Atmos to my reciever and it works fine for...
  8. Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mono audio from rear surround speakers. Bitstream Dolby Audio issue: So I've been testing a series of audio options for my Xbox one x and have been getting more and more confused. First my set up. Xbox One > HDMI IN "HW-MS650 Samsung Soundbar (with wireless...
  9. Audio Setting for Bose Cinemate 130 Soundbar? Bitstream or 5.1 uncompressed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Setting for Bose Cinemate 130 Soundbar? Bitstream or 5.1 uncompressed?: What should I be setting when using this soundbar with Xbox One? I usually use 5.1 uncompressed, by some tv stations have no audio (i have to flip back and forth to get audio on stations) and...
  10. 5.1 uncompressed or bitstream setting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 uncompressed or bitstream setting.: purchased a Xbox one yesterday and have connected it to my pioneer 5.1 receiver what's the best audio output to select 5.1 compressed or bitstream. c8c5d158-a9bf-4735-a16c-0997d709a195