Bizarre controller issues (right stick not responding)

Discus and support Bizarre controller issues (right stick not responding) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having really weird issues with my controllers on my Xbox One. My right analog stick doesn't respond, except in the Network Settings page. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EtInArcadiaEgo0, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Bizarre controller issues (right stick not responding)

I'm having really weird issues with my controllers on my Xbox One.

My right analog stick doesn't respond, except in the Network Settings page. I've hard reset, reset to factory, used the offline update tool, and even gotten a replacement Xbox One AND a replacement controller - same issue. I've updated the controllers
    to the most recent software as well. Doesn't matter if I am connected wirelessly or wired, either. I thought it may have been interference, so I disabled all WiFi and Bluetooth in my apartment and the same problem. I even moved the XBox into another room
    and tried a different TV - same issue.

Any thoughts here anyone? Would appreciate any help / advance you can offer from here. This seems like a strange software issue because I've swapped out all of the hardware multiple times.

:)

EtInArcadiaEgo0, Jan 17, 2015
  2. Big Wilkies
    Big Wilkies Guest
    Xbox One wont respond to right controller stick movement (confirmed control is working correctly on PC with joy.cpl)

I bought a brand new controller and it paired fine but the Xbox one is still not responding to the right analog stick of the new controller.

Big Wilkies, Jan 17, 2015
  3. Controller right stick turns to the right slowly

Just what the title says. The right stick on my controller moves to the right slower for some reason. Do you guys have any possible solutions or similar issues on either stick? I started noticing it when I played Sunset. Titanfall not as much, but it's very
    obvious during Sunset. Can I still save this controller or is it doomed to suffer the slow turn stick of death?

Defy Lightning, Jan 17, 2015
  4. Bizarre controller issues (right stick not responding)

Just tried a third controller with no luck...

EtInArcadiaEgo0, Jan 17, 2015
  5. EtInArcadiaEgo0 Win User

Just tried a third controller with no luck...
  6. Big Wilkies Win User

Xbox One wont respond to right controller stick movement (confirmed control is working correctly on PC with joy.cpl)

I bought a brand new controller and it paired fine but the Xbox one is still not responding to the right analog stick of the new controller.
  7. ZombieKiller 57 Win User

Is Your Controller Disconnecting? Read Here...

My controller seems to want to rise with the right stick on it's own whenever it wants to after the update. It responds to manual manipulation but even with the thumb on the stick it will rise. Very annoying.
  8. JediDarkSide Win User

KILLER INSTINCT Definitive Edition - Does not recognize buttons

Hey Jedi,

Have you gone into the button/controller configuration to see if maybe your right analogue stick is enabled to use commands? I think in this game, the right analogue stick can also be used to trigger commands, so maybe go in and disable right analogue stick
    in the button configuration. Hope you get it sorted mate.
    uUnfortunately it also does not work disable or enable the analog.

I believe it to be the most bizarre mistake. Because there are no change or support options. And I still do not know just my game is having this problem.

Thanks for the tip, Widget
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

My controller sensitivity is very high on xbox dashboard

Hello Joshua,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issues with sensitivity on the controller. You can configure all this in the accessories app. Here is a

guide for the accessories app
    to help you.

Left and right stick sensitivity - Select
    Left stick or Right stick to customize and control how each stick responds during gameplay. Once you've chosen the stick you want to customize, you can select
    Default, Delay, Aggressive, Instant,
    or Smooth depending on how responsive you want the stick to be in your game. For example, if you want the controller to respond faster over a shorter stick movement, select
    Instant. You'll see a graph that shows you the response curve of the stick.

Note Depending on the game you play, these settings will have different responses. One way to test your settings is to set Slot 1 to
    Default and Slot 2 to your customized setting.

Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

1. Bizarre controller issues (right stick not responding) - Similar Threads - Bizarre controller issues

2. Xbox One Controller bizarre drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller bizarre drift: So, im having a very strange and irritating trouble with my xbox one controller. It just keeps drifting to three directions at the same time. I've already done a lot of things, like: Trying to...
  3. Well this is bizarre

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well this is bizarre: Here's the deal: I was looking in a comment section, (it was a clip made by someone) and I noticed my comment. My gamerpic changed: it was a photo of some dude. Which is odd cuz my pic is one of...
  4. One of the most bizarre issues you will hear of.

in XBoX Accessibility
    One of the most bizarre issues you will hear of.: My actual gamertag is even though I have no clue what my name on this forum is as this is the first time I used it. I made my tag in 2007 12 years ago. It is the first letter of my first name and...
  5. Bizarre...!! Media Center loads my movies but does not play anymore!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bizarre...!! Media Center loads my movies but does not play anymore!!: Not one week ago I was happily playing movies via Media Center on my xbox 360 (as I have been for the past year). From one day to the next it will not work anymore. I haven't made any changes to...
  6. Really bizarre thing happening to my Xbox One, help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Really bizarre thing happening to my Xbox One, help please.: [img] My Brother's Xbox One leaves these really bizarre burn marks on some discs. If it's any help identifying what's wrong, his Xbox sounds like a jet engine, where the fans become extremely...
  7. Bizarre Framerate/Performance Problems On Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bizarre Framerate/Performance Problems On Xbox One: Ever since mid March, I've been having this maddening problem with my Xbox one. I will turn the console on(either from the front power button or controller), the game will boot up fine, but then...
  8. Xbox One Kinect bizarre issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Kinect bizarre issue: I'm not sure if this is a issue but when I play games that do not require kinect feature turns off the sensor but not the voice command. Is this a new update feature? I had problems month ago and...
  9. Xbox 360 charging cord not working/acting bizarre?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 charging cord not working/acting bizarre?: I bought the charging kit about a year ago so I understand that it is a little "old" in electronics age. The cord is a nyko brand and it came with 2 replacement battery packs. So far I have had no...
  10. Very bizarre second controller issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very bizarre second controller issue.: I bought a second controller so my son and I can play Marvel Lego Super Heroes. I have spent the entire day trying to get it to properly pair with the console and in frustration almost given up....