: Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

Discus and support : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry. I am having a video issue... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021.

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry.

I am having a video issue with my original Xbox one. I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with the HDMI cable or monitor. I am using an ASUS computer monitor that has two HDMI ports, and I have tried both.

From start up I see the green Xbox one splash screen then after a longer than usual loading time it goes to a black screen. (A little over a minute when it usually takes maybe 15 seconds). I am able to long press the Xbox button on my controller to bring up the "turn off console, turn off controller, restart console" options, but nothing else. I have done a restart from that menu and a hard reset, neither have helped.

I have also tried the troubleshooting steps of booting up in low resolution mode. Again once it gets past the splash screen I am unable to do anything except the long press on the Xbox button on the controller to get the turn off console menu.

I have seen other posts that say this happened to other people after an update, but I am not sure the last time my console updated. I noticed this 4 days ago.

Thanks!

:)

Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Green screen to black screen

Just as a heads up, the black screen is normal.

It should be green splash, black screen then dashboard.

After a system update, the black screen can remain for a few minutes before you see anything.
  3. peterp2690 Win User

XBOX ONE will not work.

I'm having the same problem. Screen goes black after xbox one splash screen. Already tried your solutions with no luck.
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

5. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. MISTERxBLONDE Win User

Witcher 3- will not launch

Denaz,

The problem has not been fixed. I am still getting a black screen right after the witcher 3 splash screen and then kicked back to dashboard. I just updated the console and still no change.
Thema:

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. - Similar Threads - Black screen normal

2. black screen on remote play xbox series s to windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen on remote play xbox series s to windows: so, I have started to use umpc (gpd win max, aya neo, onexplayer). If u dont know what is umpc, it's ultra mini pc (or something like that), it just means like mini notebook. So it's a small...
  3. Black Screen after turning on 120hz on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen after turning on 120hz on Series X: I have an xbox series x and a 165hz sceptre curved monitor and when i attempt to turn on 120hz on my xbox the screen goes black then after about 20-30 seconds it goes back to normal at 60hz.. ive...
  4. remote play xbox black screen amd devices

in XboX Insiders
    remote play xbox black screen amd devices: I have posted this on microsoft forum, but there might be more people that could give more info, or better maybe could solve this problem. here's my post : so, I have started to use umpc (gpd...
  5. Xbox app not launching, Black screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app not launching, Black screen.: Xbox is not getting installed now. Had uninstalled as it was able to launch it was just showing a black screen. Plz help. 6c3c92d1-5ddd-47a1-a548-1bb3a375ffa0
  6. Black screen when launching or closing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen when launching or closing a game: I recently got a series x. However, when I launch a game or close a game it gives me a black screen for a second or so. I tried a few things but nothing has worked....
  7. Xbox App - black screen when trying to connect to console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App - black screen when trying to connect to console.: Hi, My setup: Xbox Series X Windows 11 PC Iphone 13. home wifi network. Issue: The Windows PC with Xbox App will turn black when trying to connect to the Xbox Series X. and will never...
  8. Halo Infinite Xbox One S Black Screen Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Xbox One S Black Screen Issue: Hey all, I have an issue when I try to load a level in Halo Infinite Campaign. I get a black screen every time even if I load different saved games. I can hear the game and die but I don't see...
  9. Black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen: Hi I have a black screen when I turn on my xbox. It's been like this fir a few months now. When I turn it on the green xbox one screen comes up fine. But when it should go to my home screen I just...
  10. Black screen after normal Green startup

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after normal Green startup: I updated to insider alpha skip ahead, and now on startup my Xbox One will show the normal Green startup logo but then go completely black. A message will say sign in failed, sign in with...