: Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

Discus and support : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry. I am having a video issue... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021.

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry.

I am having a video issue with my original Xbox one. I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with the HDMI cable or monitor. I am using an ASUS computer monitor that has two HDMI ports, and I have tried both.

From start up I see the green Xbox one splash screen then after a longer than usual loading time it goes to a black screen. (A little over a minute when it usually takes maybe 15 seconds). I am able to long press the Xbox button on my controller to bring up the "turn off console, turn off controller, restart console" options, but nothing else. I have done a restart from that menu and a hard reset, neither have helped.

I have also tried the troubleshooting steps of booting up in low resolution mode. Again once it gets past the splash screen I am unable to do anything except the long press on the Xbox button on the controller to get the turn off console menu.

I have seen other posts that say this happened to other people after an update, but I am not sure the last time my console updated. I noticed this 4 days ago.

Thanks!

:)

Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Green screen to black screen

Just as a heads up, the black screen is normal.

It should be green splash, black screen then dashboard.

After a system update, the black screen can remain for a few minutes before you see anything.
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

4. peterp2690 Win User

XBOX ONE will not work.

I'm having the same problem. Screen goes black after xbox one splash screen. Already tried your solutions with no luck.
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. - Similar Threads - Black screen normal

2. Far Cry 4 on Series X display severely distorted (Black lines) lower quarter of screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry 4 on Series X display severely distorted (Black lines) lower quarter of screen: Bought Far Cry 4 Limited Ed on release, only just got around to playing it on Series X wherever you're in gameplay the lower quarter of screen has black lines and when you jump in game this drags...
  3. minecraft achivemets black out screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft achivemets black out screen?: I have lately for last few mouths aving issues with minecraft on xbox one with achivements. Any other game its been working fine but since befor the new minecraft update not only my account but...
  4. My Xbox is on a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is on a black screen: Whenever I rebooted my Xbox it loaded on the loading screen for a couple of minutes and then went to a black screen. What do I do to fix it? 3a086afe-0419-49b2-ab48-adce9269e746
  5. Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps having loooong black screen on boot up, then promptly shut offs if it...: this has been an annoying issue for ages, one that in frustration made me just ragequit instead of trying to fix. i'd say about since 2019, it was always an issue seemingly connected to the timing...
  6. Black screen after intial green xbox start up

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after intial green xbox start up: everytime i turn my xbox on i get the intial start screen wear the logo is present. then goes straight to black. if i hold my center button on the controller i get the what do i want to do turn of...
  7. Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox1 stuck on black screen when booting: So last night i was able to use my xbox1 just fine. Fell asleep watching a movie on one of my streaming apps and woke up this morning with my xbox cut off. Turned it back on and it goes past the...
  8. Power/black screen issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power/black screen issue?: I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to continue my game and the machine was froze....
  9. Xbox one S factory reset black screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one S factory reset black screen: Hi, Hoping someone can help me please? My son's Xbox has been freezing and crashing repeatedly for weeks. No pattern to it. We did a hard reset by pressing the two buttons and powering on, but...
  10. Black screen after normal Green startup

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after normal Green startup: I updated to insider alpha skip ahead, and now on startup my Xbox One will show the normal Green startup logo but then go completely black. A message will say sign in failed, sign in with...