: Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

Discus and support : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry. I am having a video issue... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021.

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen.

I couldn't seem to find the right category and topic drop-down, sorry.

I am having a video issue with my original Xbox one. I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with the HDMI cable or monitor. I am using an ASUS computer monitor that has two HDMI ports, and I have tried both.

From start up I see the green Xbox one splash screen then after a longer than usual loading time it goes to a black screen. (A little over a minute when it usually takes maybe 15 seconds). I am able to long press the Xbox button on my controller to bring up the "turn off console, turn off controller, restart console" options, but nothing else. I have done a restart from that menu and a hard reset, neither have helped.

I have also tried the troubleshooting steps of booting up in low resolution mode. Again once it gets past the splash screen I am unable to do anything except the long press on the Xbox button on the controller to get the turn off console menu.

I have seen other posts that say this happened to other people after an update, but I am not sure the last time my console updated. I noticed this 4 days ago.

Thanks!

:)

Alpha Renagade, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

Green screen to black screen

Just as a heads up, the black screen is normal.

It should be green splash, black screen then dashboard.

After a system update, the black screen can remain for a few minutes before you see anything.
  3. peterp2690 Win User

XBOX ONE will not work.

I'm having the same problem. Screen goes black after xbox one splash screen. Already tried your solutions with no luck.
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

5. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Black Screen After Splash Screen

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. MISTERxBLONDE Win User

Witcher 3- will not launch

Denaz,

The problem has not been fixed. I am still getting a black screen right after the witcher 3 splash screen and then kicked back to dashboard. I just updated the console and still no change.
Thema:

1. : Black screen after normal Xbox One splash screen. - Similar Threads - Black screen normal

2. Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play goes straight to black screen when I try to connect (Xbox series S): I try to connect to my console in my xbox desktop app, I have windows 10, I even tried to reinstall it, connect everything via ethernet wires, and nothing has worked, I tested with another...
  3. I still have the black screen after 2 months! Please help

in XboX Insiders
    I still have the black screen after 2 months! Please help: My console wasn’t even part of the insider program but I still got the black screen of death. I tried every possible way to reset or restart the console. Nothing worked. The last I heard was that...
  4. (Beta Ring) Xbox One X black screen flickering [TCL TV]

in XboX Insiders
    (Beta Ring) Xbox One X black screen flickering [TCL TV]: I just got a Xbox One X from GameStop to replace my OG XBONE, everything worked fine for the last 3 hours, signed up for the beta Ring, downloaded the beta Ring update, and tried to watch YouTube....
  5. Black screen with Beta preview build.

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with Beta preview build.: I keepg getting a black screen when I restart series x on Beta build. Went back to regular non preview build and it it doesn't happen. submitted by /u/daje0000 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox One X Black Screen (Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Black Screen (Alpha Ring): So after a six hour rivals run in Horizon 4, I went to park current car at a house and instead of the usual transition screen, the console just turned off...not a power down, just straight to off....
  7. Black Screen of Death - Please Help if Possible

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen of Death - Please Help if Possible: -Preface- Xbox One X Been working on and off on this issue since the end of August I guess, but been busy and been having very little luck when trying to fix it. So my brothers system was...
  8. So the list of games where my TV screen blacks out but the game remains responsive gets a...

in XboX Insiders
    So the list of games where my TV screen blacks out but the game remains responsive gets a...: I'm running my Series X on the latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update. Just like i wrote here some days ago. I don't believe in a Hardware failure as it are always the same games and the screen just...
  9. Cloud Gaming black screen on PC.

in XboX Insiders
    Cloud Gaming black screen on PC.: When I try to play a game on cloud gaming on PC, I click play (on any game, I tried 5 or 6 different games), the screen goes black for 1 second and then nothing happens. submitted by...
  10. Black screen after normal Green startup

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen after normal Green startup: I updated to insider alpha skip ahead, and now on startup my Xbox One will show the normal Green startup logo but then go completely black. A message will say sign in failed, sign in with...