Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work

Discus and support Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently started having trouble with my Xbox. A couple of days ago my YouTube and Netflix apps would not load. Unfortunately it is worse now. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maxwolfie13, Feb 9, 2019.

1. maxwolfie13
    maxwolfie13 Guest

I recently started having trouble with my Xbox. A couple of days ago my YouTube and Netflix apps would not load. Unfortunately it is worse now. When I turn it on, the Xbox light will illuminate but my TV screen stays black. My AV receiver usually says “Xbox”
    however now it does not say this. It will go to sleep after a while as it is not detecting any output from the Xbox. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately, I cannot even get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work to try an Offline Update.

It seems like the faulty update that was released may have caused this. My unit is out of warrantty.

Is there anything else I can try before I look at my options?

:)

maxwolfie13, Feb 9, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Max,

Thank you for responding. Before assuming the console needs a repair I'd like for you to test two things: a different HDMI cable and connecting it directly into your TV/monitor and not through the AV receiver. Let us know the results! :D
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand your concern regarding your console having a
    black screen during startup
    . I would recommend trying to get the console in low resolution mode.

1. On the console (not the controller), press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject
      button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.
      DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
      • Note: This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to System > Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes :)
  4. maxwolfie13 Win User

Hi Jasmine, unfortunately I still get a black screen even after the second beep.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.

Hey there GohanBach SzN!

It sounds like we'd first want to focus on that black screen you're getting, as it would be rather difficult to use the NBA Gametime app with that. We have some steps to run through on this

Xbox One System update troubleshooting page.

Select the option on the right for "I am experiencing a startup issue" and run through the steps on the black screen. Let us know how it goes so we can start troubleshooting with the Gametime app.
  6. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!
    The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
Thema:

1. Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work - Similar Threads - Black screen can’t

2. bluray is black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bluray is black screen: i put on a brand new blu ray movie that I just got and it only show black screen no sound but when I use another old bluray movie it works just fine please help me fix this problem...
  3. XB1 blank black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 blank black screen: This XB1 will boot and show the green start-up screen yet ultimately it ends up with a blank black screen moments after flashing a notice that the sign failed and must be completed via the...
  4. Black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death: Stuck on black screen when turning on xbox one. Tried the hard boot fix which worked once then problem happened again on next start up. Tried power off and restart with no luck. All cables are...
  5. Black Screen but no start up!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen but no start up!: Hi. i have tried to do you updates to fix your stuff up that resulted in my xbox one S just showing a black screen. the OSU1 and OSU2 files have not fixed the problem. what do i do now?...
  6. Xbox One X Screen Blacking Out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Screen Blacking Out: My Xbox has not had any issues until last night when I was trying to play with friends. Whenever a game starts to load up or I wait in an app long enough, the screen will flicker and/or black out....
  7. Xbox One S - black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - black screen: guys this has just started but I get my screen Xbox start-up screen for ages and then it goes black? ive tried hard resetting etc but no change ea13843d-3a46-4c7b-902f-c627eb0c4ec1
  8. Black Screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen of death: I recently tried to enjoy some time on my xbox one S. but I was greeted with a pitch black home screen. I can only open the side menu and I was thinking the servers must be down, but when I...
  9. Tomb Raider- Definitive Edition Black Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb Raider- Definitive Edition Black Screen: So I am 51% through the game and cannot get back into my saved game. When I do... a black screen comes up but I cannot play the game. How do I fix this? Please tell me that I do not have to...
  10. XBOX ONE X BLACK SCREEN AFTER RESET

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X BLACK SCREEN AFTER RESET: Ok last night got the black screen, did the reset and played destiny 2 for a few hours. Now today same thing black screen on boot up again, Has anyone had this happen a second time??...