Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work

Discus and support Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently started having trouble with my Xbox. A couple of days ago my YouTube and Netflix apps would not load. Unfortunately it is worse now. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by maxwolfie13, Feb 9, 2019.

1. maxwolfie13
    maxwolfie13 Guest

I recently started having trouble with my Xbox. A couple of days ago my YouTube and Netflix apps would not load. Unfortunately it is worse now. When I turn it on, the Xbox light will illuminate but my TV screen stays black. My AV receiver usually says “Xbox”
    however now it does not say this. It will go to sleep after a while as it is not detecting any output from the Xbox. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting steps. Unfortunately, I cannot even get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work to try an Offline Update.

It seems like the faulty update that was released may have caused this. My unit is out of warrantty.

Is there anything else I can try before I look at my options?

:)

maxwolfie13, Feb 9, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Max,

Thank you for responding. Before assuming the console needs a repair I'd like for you to test two things: a different HDMI cable and connecting it directly into your TV/monitor and not through the AV receiver. Let us know the results! :D
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand your concern regarding your console having a
    black screen during startup
    . I would recommend trying to get the console in low resolution mode.

1. On the console (not the controller), press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject
      button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep.
      DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
      • Note: This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to System > Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes :)
  4. maxwolfie13 Win User

Hi Jasmine, unfortunately I still get a black screen even after the second beep.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

NBA gametime app doesn't let me watch live games.

Hey there GohanBach SzN!

It sounds like we'd first want to focus on that black screen you're getting, as it would be rather difficult to use the NBA Gametime app with that. We have some steps to run through on this

Xbox One System update troubleshooting page.

Select the option on the right for "I am experiencing a startup issue" and run through the steps on the black screen. Let us know how it goes so we can start troubleshooting with the Gametime app.
  6. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!
    The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
Thema:

1. Black screen, can’t get Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to work - Similar Threads - Black screen can’t

2. State of Decay 2 Black Screen at Base Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2 Black Screen at Base Screen: Been playing State of Decay 2, xbox one version, for the past couple days. All of the sudden when I go to the Base Screen after a split second it goes black. LB and RB will take you out of it but...
  3. black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft: While playing minecraft on xbox 10 our screen will continually switch to a black screen and have audio only. I have tried powering down by holding the off button for 10 sec and then I tried...
  4. Xbox One Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Black Screen: When i turned on my xbox one, nothing was loading, and all i saw was a black screen. I can hold in my xbox home button to restart, but i already tried to restart my xbox. Any help?...
  5. Xbox One S pantalla en negro | Xbox One S black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S pantalla en negro | Xbox One S black screen: Español: Hola, tengo un problema con mi xbox one s. A mi consola se le daño la fuente de alimentacion, la pude cambiar pero cuando enciendo la xbox la pantalla se queda en negro y no muestra...
  6. Black Screen Recovery Unsuccessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen Recovery Unsuccessful: Has anyone figured out other ways of getting out of the black screen mode? I've tried the reset procedure many times and it just doesn't work. And yeas, I've checked all the cables, connections,...
  7. Xbox one x black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x black screen: Just yesterday while playing online my screen started flickering while i could still see what was going on at times i decided to turn the X off and back on but at that point the screen never came...
  8. Xbox black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox black screen: I did a hard reset on my xbox one and got the green loading screen and then when it is finished loading it goes directly to a black screen. It is not a display issue. I also tried the holding down...
  9. Xbox 360 E red light black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E red light black screen.: So i have a xbox 360 E console and 2 days ago my brother opened the console to clean the dust away but kinda made a problem appear. Since now all the time when i try to start the console, the...
  10. Black Screen after enlarging mini game hub media

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen after enlarging mini game hub media: I get a black screen from the mini game hub media or when viewing it's shared media by via message. It was only from the developer posts, game clips, and the screenshots, everything else I can...