black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft

Discus and support black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While playing minecraft on xbox 10 our screen will continually switch to a black screen and have audio only. I have tried powering down by holding the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by timtheriault, Aug 13, 2019.

1. timtheriault
    timtheriault Guest

While playing minecraft on xbox 10 our screen will continually switch to a black screen and have audio only. I have tried powering down by holding the off button for 10 sec and then I tried unplugging all wires for a few minutes, but nothing has fixed
    the problem yet. Is there a current update that I need to run?

:)

timtheriault, Aug 13, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please
    create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  3. timtheriault Win User

How did you resolve this issue?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi
    timtheriault

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Is the Xbox console you're using an Xbox One (original, S or X type) or an Xbox 360? Sadly, there is no type of Xbox 10 console (hence asking if this was related to a Windows 10 PC), so if you're on an Xbox One type,
    then you may wish to try hooking the console up to a different TV, if possible, or a different HDMI cord to eliminate the possibility that it may be these at fault. Also, does this black screen event happen only when Minecraft is played, or during any game
    or process you attempt on the console?

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend that you attempt a
    soft factory reset of the console (leaving the games & apps installed)
    to try to clear out any potentially damaging files on the operating system that may be causing this. Please be sure to know the log in credentials (email address & password) to the profile(s)
    on the console prior to doing this step as it will remove all profiles during the reset. All subscription information, game progress & ownership is stored in the profiles and not to the console itself.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Once the console restarts, it will ask you to set up the console again and enter your profile.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out a bit more.
  5. timtheriault Win User

We are using an xbox 10 that we got at Christmas. My problem is happening more frequently. The black screen happens when we are in the middle of playing minecraft, but now it happens while we are signing in. It would turn to a black screen on the tv at
    random times, but we would always continue to have audio. We get no error codes or messages when it happens, just a black screen. I have it set up so we get updates loaded automatically and when I checked it we were up to date already. Now it will turn black
    even during login. I looked at every problem listed in the above suggestion and none of them matched my problem. Can you please help us? My grandson is so disappointed. Thank you for your support.
  6. timtheriault Win User

I am not sure if the problem has gone away totally, but it has not happened again this morning and we played for quite some time. Another response I received said that it was probably not compatible with a 4k tv so I switched it to 1080 i instead of 4k
    and it seems to have helped. I will let you know if it continues in the future. Thank you very much for your help.
Thema:

1. black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft - Similar Threads - black screen happens

2. what with the ulgy black screen

in XBoX on Windows
    what with the ulgy black screen: can I change the screen back to the older screen or should I just stop playing. 83699667-35ce-45fc-90fd-a084062b5039
  3. Xbox one doesn’t restart properly. Holds on black screen and displays no signal.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one doesn’t restart properly. Holds on black screen and displays no signal.: I’ve notice this issue when you restart your Xbox It’s fades the screen to black as normal but when the Xbox one X APU Intro is suppose to come up it just holds on a black screen and doesn’t...
  4. Black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen: I turned on my xbox last night and i got a black screen I tired all the troubleshooting and none of them work I kept on getting a black screen. Has anyone else have this problem?...
  5. Xbox One turns on and then just goes to an all black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns on and then just goes to an all black screen: Friday morning I started up my xbox with no problem, I bought some black friday stuff, downloaded it, and then left for a good chunk of the day. Later, I came home and went to get on my xbox, it...
  6. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

in XboX Insiders
    [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...: Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad. Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard. Ever since that was a feature, there was a bug...
  7. Xbox one issues green screen and black screen issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one issues green screen and black screen issues: After the november update i am having issues if i try to restart my xbox there will be a black screen and the green screen with the xbox one logo will not load into the screen to sign you in. Will...
  8. DO NOT Join Xbox Insiders! It Crashed my Console twice in less than a week. Black screen...

in XboX Insiders
    DO NOT Join Xbox Insiders! It Crashed my Console twice in less than a week. Black screen...: I'm here because customer service told me to post here because their is no customer service to call for insiders. I turned on my console this morning and the home screen was all fucked up and the...
  9. Xbox black screen and turn off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox black screen and turn off.: I have a Xbox One X and sometimes it will turn off in the middle of a game session. And also every so often it will turn my screen black, and I have to turn it off and back on to fix it. Does...
  10. nothing happens after green xbox screen ,just a black screen .need help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    nothing happens after green xbox screen ,just a black screen .need help?: nothing happens after green xbox screen ,just a black screen .need help? ea665186-43cf-4d48-9d7f-20285ea7d9b1