Black screen of death and can't open troubleshoot menu

Discus and support Black screen of death and can't open troubleshoot menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need some help y'all. After the last update my Xbox did the back screen of death. I tried to power cycle it, restart it, and factory reset it to no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Famanoran, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Famanoran
    Famanoran Guest

I need some help y'all. After the last update my Xbox did the back screen of death. I tried to power cycle it, restart it, and factory reset it to no avail. The troubleshooting menu never comes up. It gives me error 0x80070490 instead. Every black screen if death fix doesn't work. What can I do?? Also, the get a call back option for tech support doesn't work.

:)

Famanoran, Nov 23, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Unfortunately, on your I'm afraid the console needs repair. On this link, you have the instructions on how to send the console to Microsoft for repair.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Nicb7 Win User

https://www.****/knowledge/windows-throws-you-0x80070490-heres-the-fix/
  4. MiSsMoLLy96 Win User

Xbox freezes

Mine. Is doing the same thing on the campaign. I finish the mission and then it's a black screen and I can't even open the Xbox menu with my controller.
  5. kikki00 Win User

Black screen of death

Thank you for the info, but now I get a black screen after the troubleshoot menu
  6. Kenny420GBus Win User

I've had enough!

Again more troubleshooting, Usually the black screen of death can be fixed with a hard reset. Hold the power button on the front of the x bone for about 5 secs. then power on.
Thema:

1. Black screen of death and can't open troubleshoot menu - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death: Anyone have any luck bringing a bricked xbox one back to life? I cannot enter the troubleshooting screen so I cannot factory reset my xbox. I've tried every combination possible of holding sync...
  3. Update to black screen of death

in XBoX Accessibility
    Update to black screen of death: Black screen of death reset using sync button and eject button doesn’t work? Latest update killed my console?? f86a2580-5cc0-418e-977c-f3eb7e2f0499
  4. Black screen of death after 2111co.211109-2200 update

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen of death after 2111co.211109-2200 update: Hi Guys, after receiving 2111co.211109-2200 update my Xbox did not turn on (stuck on black screen). I tried cold restart, factory reset, offline update no luck. As a last resort I decided to check...
  5. black screen of death on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen of death on xbox one: is microsoft responsible for the black screen of death and fixing it or replacing the consoles that are now worthless 9028253c-7ac9-45f1-be2f-bcc2d05af693
  6. Black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death: The bug happened to my One S all-digital. When I factory reset, the console only works on my PC monitor and it only worked on this one not other monitors or TV. Could someone please help me?...
  7. Original Fat Xbox - Black screen of death (no suggested fixes work)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Fat Xbox - Black screen of death (no suggested fixes work): Hi, My xbox one has a black screen when I turn on the system. I’ve tried the fixes which have worked for other people but I can’t get to the menu where I restore the Xbox in order to get passed...
  8. Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Black Screen of Death still after Sept 23 Update: Near the end of August, my Xbox One did a system update and is currently experiencing the Black Screen of Death, like quite a few others have experienced. The new system update that released a...
  9. Black screen of death? (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death? (Xbox One): Hey, Xbox people, I have a question for you. I've been hearing people about the black screen of death just now on their Xbox One's. I wonder what kind of Xbox One has that issue. Is it the...
  10. Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost gamertag after Black Screen of death reset: Hi everyone, I followed the reset instructions after having the black screen issue and opted to keep my games and apps. When I restarted my Xbox it asked me to create a new gamertag. I tried...