Black screen on 2 Xbox one consoles

Discus and support Black screen on 2 Xbox one consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got home from work today and my son told me his xbox one was black screened and only holding the controller home button would bring up the turn off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr HATE, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Mr HATE
    Mr HATE Guest

I got home from work today and my son told me his xbox one was black screened and only holding the controller home button would bring up the turn off console/controller etc. After trying for a while I told him to try my console.... Another Black screen.

They are both early consoles (Mine is day one edition),

his room is at the limit of the wifi reach,

there is a xbox one S on the same network in the lounge working fine,

Ive tried a different monitor, a different power brick , a different wall power outlet. The only thing used on both consoles was his controller and somehow two consoles black screened?

I'm assuming it's something to do with the network but I don't understand how that's possible?

I have a new console ready to buy but it seems as if it's not the console since both xbox's did it?

:)

Mr HATE, Jul 22, 2021
  2. AisaBansuan Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

So the first thing we need to do is check and see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Try doing this for me:

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in. Press and hold the SYNC button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console. Continue holding the SYNC and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the SYNC and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, let me know if you see it okay?
  3. DJXXX 2K7 Win User

All Xbox one problems here

I just spoke to Microsoft as my xbox one was totally screwed on launch day....I never even got to see the update screen...I saw a green screeen for 10 mins then some corrupted graphics and now a constant black screen....If you do have a black screen the
    console is totally 100% dead....I will be getting a brand new day one xbox one with all accessories.....So once i receive it i will have 2 day one controllers , 2 kinects , 2 power packs and 2 fifa 14....And hopefully 1 xbox one fully working...But the worst
    thing about it I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement
  4. zealPickle Win User

CoD not starting up

It says call of duty then it black screens then goes back and says it the 2 time and I'm on Xbox one
  5. Muffin Of Doom5 Win User

Grey Translucent Bar, Wont Go away unless reboot!

I don't have my console in power saving mode but I've been getting this same grey bar on the bottom of my screen as well as a long time (2-4 minutes or so) on a black screen immediately after the Xbox one logo when powering it on.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

HDMI problems

Hi Mamba,

As the suggestions posted are all great ones. You can also try the troubleshooting for a black screen. Sometimes it is the system files that are causing this. Here is the guide for
    black screen on Xbox one.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Black screen on 2 Xbox one consoles - Similar Threads - Black screen consoles

2. Installed Update, Console is stuck on a black screen but isn't completely unresponsive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installed Update, Console is stuck on a black screen but isn't completely unresponsive.: So to explain what I'm going through exactly... Installed the system update. Seems to have installed fine. Console goes through the loading screen with no issue. Console has rebooted, there is...
  3. Fix the black screen console issue, NOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix the black screen console issue, NOW: Looks like were going to have to get a class action suit going. I'm not pressing 13 buttons, pressing 3 more, doing this, doing that, unplug this, unplug that. It isn't working. You bricked our...
  4. My New Xbox Console Has Black screen HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    My New Xbox Console Has Black screen HELP PLEASE: My Pervious Console was In Perfect shape and Suddenly Had A Black Screen I Went to all Supports and All Tried helping and After Suggested Buying a New Console I now Have a New Console and I've had...
  5. [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open

in XboX Insiders
    [Xbox Series S All Digital] Console Boots, Black Screen, Troubleshooter Won't Open: Sorry if this post is informal or has been made before. I've never used Reddit before, and joined just to ask this, because I'm completely stumped. I joined the Insider Program a few months ago on...
  6. My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox console is turn on but there nothing showing up on the tv, it just a black screen...: At first i turn my xbox console on and it turn on but it just show a black screen so i tried to turn it off but it wont turn off until i pull out the plug from the wall outlet. Then i put the plug...
  7. Black screen of death/bricked console

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen of death/bricked console: Okay so I have a day one edition console that had been in the insider/preview program since the week it launched until a few months ago when I left due to my console always bricking and needed...
  8. Black screen on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen on Xbox one console: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-x-black-screen-after-reset/d8a7dd05-49ba-440d-ab78-228bb0112303 The listed above url is basically stating my problems and I have done...
  9. black screen of death on my Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen of death on my Xbox one console: I got the black screen of death and I didn't know what happened i did looked around the net and so I factory reset my Xbox one and now it will go to preparing console and load until 50% and its...
  10. Xbox major issue. Console won't turn on after xbox preview update. Turns on but black screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox major issue. Console won't turn on after xbox preview update. Turns on but black screen: Joined xbox insiders just did an update and now my console turns on but doesn't appear on my screen. Almost as if my console is broken.... i knew i shouldn't of joined. submitted by /u/alexwr12...