Black Screen on start. Unable to troubleshoot.

Discus and support Black Screen on start. Unable to troubleshoot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not used the Xbox One in a while so went to update it today, at some point during the installation something must have gone wrong as when i came back a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by seven343, Nov 8, 2021.

1. seven343
    seven343 Guest

Not used the Xbox One in a while so went to update it today, at some point during the installation something must have gone wrong as when i came back a while later it was on a black screen with nothing shown at all. The only thing that I can do is bring up the screen with the option to turn off or restart the console. Restarting didn't help at all - it shows the startup logo, and then on the home page just goes blank.

I read that a factory reset can fix this problem, so held down the sync and eject buttons on startup. It gets to the troubleshooting page - and then I can't do anything at all on that screen. Controller does nothing so can't move to the factory reset icon. Tried plugging in the controller but it makes no difference.

What can I do?

:)

seven343, Nov 8, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. According to what you reported to us it seems that your controller may be having problems, if you have others please test them. Anyway since the problem cannot be solved due to the control not working correctly, I recommend you to read the article below to solve possible problems with it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

- If none of the above solutions solve the problem, it is necessary to test another control to see if the same problem persists.

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Apologies about that.

If possible, try using another controller. If the issue persists, there may be a fault with the console. You will need to be serviced.
  4. seven343 Win User

Hello @!

I would suggest preforming an offline update. You can update your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    7. Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.
    When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

If the update is not successful, go to the following section: What to do if the offline system update is not successful.

However, If the issue persist, it could be a hardware/internal issue which means that your console needs to be serviced. You can request a repair order for it here.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out
    I already said that i'm completely unable to do anything on the troubleshooter page, though
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @seven343!

I would suggest preforming an offline update. You can update your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    7. Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.
    When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

If the update is not successful, go to the following section: What to do if the offline system update is not successful.

However, If the issue persist, it could be a hardware/internal issue which means that your console needs to be serviced. You can request a repair order for it here.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out
  6. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Black screen and troubleshooter

Thema:

1. Black Screen on start. Unable to troubleshoot. - Similar Threads - Black Screen start

2. Grey / black screen after starting my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey / black screen after starting my xbox one: After a recent update, my xbox one has been going black / grey after the initial start up animation, I cannot do anything other than getting the "turn of console", "turn of controller" and...
  3. Need help with Xbox Remote play, black screen after starting remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with Xbox Remote play, black screen after starting remote play: I own an Xbox One X, and normally I play forza on it via remote play. But lately, when I try to connect by clicking my console on the remote play list, it just gives a black screen and does...
  4. Black screen instead of green rocket when starting cloud game via XBOX app on Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen instead of green rocket when starting cloud game via XBOX app on Windows 10: Up until the day before yesterday I was able to start Cloud Games like Outriders New Horizon without issue on my Windows 10 PC via the XBOX app. Since yesterday I only get a black screen whenever...
  5. Help - Xbox One Starts Up to Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help - Xbox One Starts Up to Black Screen: I recently performed an update on my Xbox One (original style, not the Xbox One S or Xbox One X) and now the Xbox stalls during startup. It goes through the screen with the green background and...
  6. Xbox one- game starts then goes black and back to the home screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one- game starts then goes black and back to the home screen.: Game starts then goes black for a second and back to the home screen. After this happens once (with any game) I click on the game tile and nothing happens. I've factory reset, hard reset and...
  7. My xbox series s screen starts flickering after that screen goes black,buzzes then screen...

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox series s screen starts flickering after that screen goes black,buzzes then screen...: So i had this problem a few times now it started happening when i started playing forza horizon 5 first starts flickering later screen goes black while buzzing screen turns on again but you cant...
  8. Xbox one starts up but gives me a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one starts up but gives me a black screen: I haven't used my xbox one in a number of months and today when I turned it on it booted with the xbox green screen and then black. Connections are good, I've tried rebooting it in low resolution...
  9. Xbox One black screen after start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One black screen after start up: When I turn on my Xbox One the start up screen comes on, stays on for a short while as normal then the screen goes all black. I have tried soft resets, hard resets, unplugging completely from the...
  10. Xbox One Starts, displays the logo, then black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Starts, displays the logo, then black screen: Greeting, When I turn on my Xbox One, it displays the Xbox logo, then the screen goes blank. If I hold down the Xbox button on the controller, it displays the power options. I've tried it on...