Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray

Discus and support Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I constantly get a black screen while playing UHD blu ray discs. I have uninstalled the blu ray app and reinstalled and have tried restarting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goldeneye_73, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Goldeneye_73
    Goldeneye_73 Guest

I constantly get a black screen while playing UHD blu ray discs. I have uninstalled the blu ray app and reinstalled and have tried restarting the console but still no luck. I may get to watch the first 5 or 10 mins but then the screen goes completely black
    again. Very frustrating to say the least. The Xbox series X should not be advertised as a 4k blu ray player when it is an absolute disaster trying to get it to work. I have a dedicated UHD player but unfortunately do not have any available HDMI ports to plug
    it in to. I thought buying the Series X would allow me to use it for gaming and movies but that is simply not the case. After looking at the extremely low rating on the blu ray app and reading the comments, it appears that this issue has been going on for
    a VERY LONG TIME. Including previous generations of consoles. Its hard to believe Microsoft would allow something as simple as playing a movie continue for such a long period of time without a fix.

:)

Goldeneye_73, Dec 23, 2020
  2. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Blu-ray and Xbox

If you are going to play movies via DVD, Blu Ray or 4k UHD Blu Ray, yes.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Are you playing these movies from a 4k UHD Blu Ray or streaming service? If from disk, have you updated the Blu Ray player app on the Xbox?
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

4k playback on bluray player

Hey there ricedemon,

That's an odd issue for sure, one that we've not seen with 4K UHD discs. Which Blu-ray title are you playing that you're seeing this issue? To clarify, are you sure that you're using the 4K UHD disc and not the Standard Blu-ray? Can you share a picture of
    the disc as well? Does the issue happen with all 4k UHD discs you try.

Let us know!
  5. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
  6. lllldkllll Win User

Blu-ray app issues with 4K

It's on the internal drive. Thanks though.

I'll try the insider hub app.

Do you play 4k UHD Blu-rays?
Thema:

1. Black screen playing UHD 4K blu ray - Similar Threads - Black screen playing

2. Why my TV screen turns black while playing a particular campaign in Call of Duty -Black Ops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my TV screen turns black while playing a particular campaign in Call of Duty -Black Ops: Hello Community , I am playing Call Of Duty -Black Ops on xbox 1 connected to Samsung TV . My TV screen turns black moment I reach at the stage of "clear ZSU guns" in Deflector mission . I...
  3. Series X Screen goes black while playing video

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Screen goes black while playing video: My Xbox Series X is having some issues displaying non-4K content from streaming (MS Movies app) or DVD and Blu-Ray disks. The screen goes black with a soft pop in the speakers for a second every...
  4. Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X flashing black screen with audio still playing: Recently, my series X has been occassionally flashing a black screen for roughly 1-2 seconds while the audio still plays. It appears to happen after playing an SDR game which goes to auto HDR. It...
  5. Anyone have black screen/stuttering and audio crackling issues like this with Remote Play?...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone have black screen/stuttering and audio crackling issues like this with Remote Play?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/niallobr [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S unable to play bluray/dvd after nov 5 xbox software update! - Black Screen: Hi everyone I need some help please, I did the latest xbox software on my Xbox One S last week Sunday, now I there is a black screen when I play movies bluray/dvd. I can still play games. How do I...
  7. Any help? Can’t play any games screen cuts to black and then game and nothing works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any help? Can’t play any games screen cuts to black and then game and nothing works: Yesterday I’m assuming after an update my xbox wasn’t able to play any of my games. The game loads fine until it gets to the game menu and then cuts to a black screen and then very quickly back to...
  8. Black Screen flashing while playing No Mans Sky after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen flashing while playing No Mans Sky after update: I just downloaded No mans sky after seeing the new update and when I launch the game the screen flashes black every few seconds. It does not do this for any other game. Please help. I've tried...
  9. Screen cuts to black for a quick second while playing Xbox one X

in XboX Insiders
    Screen cuts to black for a quick second while playing Xbox one X: I'm in the beta ring currently, and i noticed that sometimes during gameplay, the screen would cut to black, then reappear like nothing happened. Just to make sure it wasn't the games, I would...
  10. When starting the Talos Principle, I only see a black screen and the game can't be played (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    When starting the Talos Principle, I only see a black screen and the game can't be played (PC): I have xbox game pass on PC and I really want to play the Talos Principle but every time I start it I only see a black screen, no menu shows up, no sound, no graphics at all, just a black screen....