Blank screen even after hard reset

Discus and support Blank screen even after hard reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I came home after a few days away and turned on my Xbox one s left the room and heard it come on start up and everything so went back in and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Harebear8594, May 14, 2019.

1. Harebear8594
    Harebear8594 Guest

I came home after a few days away and turned on my Xbox one s left the room and heard it come on start up and everything so went back in and nothing but a blank screen so tried switching HDMI ports switched HDMI cable did hard reset even switched tv and
    still nothing anyone with any ideas on what to do next other then throw thing out the window this is seriously putting me off Xbox

:)

Harebear8594, May 14, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

First thing to check is if the console is up and loaded, and just that the dashboard failed to load? That has happened to me sometimes. It responds to Xbox button presses and lets me load up My Games & Apps, or pressing and holding the Xbox button will
    pull up the power menu and a further reboot from there will fix the issue. Check to see if that helps, if not, there are also other great troubleshooting steps listed in this thread.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Hare,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend trying a factory reset. In the

offline update solution
    , on step 3 try that and see if you are able to get the troubleshoot menu up. If you do select reset console, then select reset and keep my games and apps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. choppyseize Win User

Have you checked the TV settings and made sure it's not just on a different HDMI setting?
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

6. Anhur_XB Win User

I've had that happen a good 10 times or so. In my case it was always just a visual bug.

Hitting the guide button and returning to dashboard always fixes it.
Thema:

1. Blank screen even after hard reset - Similar Threads - Blank screen hard

2. Xbox one s youtube crashed now have blank screen when i power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s youtube crashed now have blank screen when i power on: Xbox one s youtube crashed now have a blank screen when i power on 5b90a203-19ce-45aa-bfde-c94746f58eaf
  3. Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?: Doing all this on Windows 10 build 1903. Since installing the beta Xbox app, it looks fine up until I sign in, at which point the app turns completely blank, just showing a dark gray screen with...
  4. XBox PC app (beta) resulting in blank screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox PC app (beta) resulting in blank screen.: I have successfully downloaded and launched the Xbox beta app on my Windows 10 PC, and I went to the game catalogue to download Hollow Knights. All worked well, until I closed the app. When I went...
  5. Green Screen E102 followed by BLANK screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green Screen E102 followed by BLANK screen: Please can anyone help with an issue at Xbox Start Up? After experiencing the green screen of death one week ago, fixed with a factory reset, we experienced it yet again and then this changed to a...
  6. Screen goes blank and sound goes off on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen goes blank and sound goes off on Xbox One S: My son has an Xbox One S and about a month ago it stopped displaying the screen and sound completely. We did a reset and tried a different TV and HDMI cable and managed to get it working in 640 x...
  7. T.v. screen blank while power is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    T.v. screen blank while power is on: Ok, so my console was working fine on Thursday 4/18/2019, shut it down using the controller, everything was working properly, then when I turned it on Friday, it powered up fine, but i got a...
  8. no signal/blank screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no signal/blank screen: Split from this thread. I thought it was just me but i'm having the exact same problems, plus my xbox one x have the no signal/blank screen problems too after the latest update....
  9. I’m seeing a blank screen with my xBox One X set up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m seeing a blank screen with my xBox One X set up.: Recently, I bought an X Box One X. I’m attempting to set it up. Everything seems plugged in (HDMI out to tv’s HDMI in jack, the power jack (cord’s in securely) (to a surge protector), connected to...
  10. Blank Screen when using Dolby atmos via HDMI

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank Screen when using Dolby atmos via HDMI: i connected my xbox to my LG SK8 soundbar and then my soundbar with a HDMI to my ARC port in my Tv but i just get a black sreen and no sound. anyone got a solution for this?...