Block An app

Discus and support Block An app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox security [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]. Parental controls are a joke. My son has parental controls on his account. You tube is blocked. Well its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShaunSchlager, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Block An app

Xbox security [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]. Parental controls are a joke.

My son has parental controls on his account. You tube is blocked. Well its a mute point because he can sign out and use the guest account whichbi cant remove. Cant uninstall the app cause he just installs it again on the guest account.

What are my options? Throw the xbox out the window?

:)

ShaunSchlager, Sep 6, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Block An app

How about you take the Xbox away when he either does something you say do not do (go on youtube) or re-installs APP's you remove (like youtube).

Eventually he will learn by losing the console that you don't do that.
  3. IRB Win User

Block An app

Are there really no options for guest controls specifically i see some for non signed out accounts it's kinda odd
    There are, I've posted some steps above on how to get them.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Block An app

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about a Guest Account or a Guest Key?
    Guest accounts only operate when signed in for a multiplayer game and are deleted after sign out of the guest
    , so they shouldn't be able to download games or apps.

A Guest Key can be managed with the security features.

Now if he's signing in with a separate Microsoft Account, then that will have different account restrictions, and you could add that to the Microsoft Family and manage security and privacy settings from there. You can also set specific console settings
    on the console to require passkeys and sign ins.

I apologize if I'm wrong in my assumptions, so let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree on what your child is doing.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Block An app

Hi ShaunSchlager,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. It can be truly frustrating when you set limits and your child figures out a way to circumvent them. As our Ambassador has mentioned, you can limit what guests can see and do on your
    Xbox One console when no one is signed in. These settings can be changed by any adult who is signed in on the console. For the steps on how to get this into effect, I recommend our support article entitled Use
    content limits on Xbox One when no one is signed in

Give the steps a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Block An app

Parental controls are just one tool in the arsenal of controlling a child's access to digital devices. Sometimes you have to be crafty with your children when they misbehave. Things such as changing the wi-fi password, taking away the console's power supply/power
    cord, hiding the controllers.

One device you might want to look at is Circle, which allows the parent to block ALL Internet activity from any device on demand with just a tap. So it'll work with Xbox, a phone, a tablet, etc. There are other, similar devices such as Circle that will control
    network usage and get around kids being sneaky.
Thema:

Block An app

1. Block An app - Similar Threads - Block app

2. Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app)

in XBoX on Windows
    Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app): Hello, I have this issue, I bought Forza Horizon 4 like a month ago. I had a problem with Teredo, but got it fixed. Now, my XBOX app says 'Server Connectivity Blocked'. Any Help? I really need to...
  3. Kiszolgáló kapcsolat blokkolva xbox app [Translation - Server connection blocked in xbox app]

in XBoX on Windows
    Kiszolgáló kapcsolat blokkolva xbox app [Translation - Server connection blocked in xbox app]: Kedves Hölgyem/Uram! Xbox appon belül a Kiszolgáló kapcsolat blokkolva-t jelez, mindent megcsináltam amit leírásban láttam. Az egyik sor: Tűzfalházirend BlockInbound,AllowOutbound jelzi a...
  4. Unable to log into Xbox app due to blocked server connectivity

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log into Xbox app due to blocked server connectivity: My Xbox app suddenly decided to set the server connectivity to blocked. I've tried pretty much everything I came across on the internet but nothing will work. I can't even log into the app itself...
  5. Console & App "Block" Feature (Bug Report)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console & App "Block" Feature (Bug Report): Sometimes we encounter people that aren't the most pleasant or friendly on Xbox. Typically, my way of handling these people is by blocking them. The only issue with that is that people aren't...
  6. How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed

in XBoX on Windows
    How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed: I just want to see things about my friends when I open the Xbox app. I don't want to see all these "news" about other games I don't even have/play. All these always have "[owner]" in their name....
  7. Xbox One App Server Blocked in Network connections

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One App Server Blocked in Network connections: Hello Can anyone advise on what to look for to resolve the Server Connection Blocked fault when using Xbox One App? I have tried all the options in the link in the app. I have tried various 3rd...
  8. Activity screen blocking apps and games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Activity screen blocking apps and games: There are a few apps and games I have chosen to block on my child's Xbox that show up on the activity page of Microsoft Account. Next to the app or game it indicates the time view or played and...
  9. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Server Blocked - Teredo Filter

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Server Blocked - Teredo Filter: Hello Guys a friend of me and I want to play Forza Horizon 4 online. But the server-connection in the XBOX-App is blocked. We've already seen some tutorials and we both have a FritzBox router. One...
  10. Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app blocks game audio during chat: When I join a friends party using the Windows 10 Xbox app, audio from other applications including my game are muted, but when I quit the party it goes back to normal. This makes it very hard to...