Block app (Fortnite) for kids on Xbox?

Discus and support Block app (Fortnite) for kids on Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! My son plays Fortnite way to much, and I want to block it for him for a while. I have changed my account to be included in a "family" (the one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BennyOlsson2, Nov 26, 2020.

1. BennyOlsson2
    BennyOlsson2 Guest

Hi!

My son plays Fortnite way to much, and I want to block it for him for a while.

I have changed my account to be included in a "family" (the one that is used on the Xbox), and have also created a new account,

that is the "administrator".

From the administrator account, I have selected that the Xbox account wont be allow to use apps and games rated above 10years old.

But still, he can start and use the app Fortnite? Why? (Fortnite has an age limit of 12years old)

How do I block Fortnite in the Xbox?

Br

Benny

:)

BennyOlsson2, Nov 26, 2020
  2. BennyOlsson2 Win User

What do you mean with "redownload the account"?

In this case, don't want him to be able to play for a couple of weeks, that's why I would like to block it.

But I can't find out how to do it??

After that, I will probably do as you mention, use a time limit :)

Thanks for helping!
  3. [EX] Win User

After such changes you often have to redownload the accounts to make the changes work.

Btw I would recommend you not to block the game but to limit his weekly gaming time ! So he can learn to plan his gaming time and to learn limits ! 😉
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

BUG - Cross platform play does not enable for child accounts no matter what settings you set. This needs EPIC/MS attention

Thats why kids need to play kids games not fortnite...
  5. Dog McBeard Win User

How does everyone fell about encounters with minors on age restricted games, and how should it be dealt with as an xbox ambassador ?

I have only encountered kids ingame while playing games like CoD and Fortnite. I generally chat in party chat to deter language slip ups on open mic XD but i have muted and blocked accounts before as they were kids. I have never thought about getting social
    media information from ingame.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Password for downloads?

First of all: Make sure that your kids do have their own child account, and that they are NOT using your adult account (as this can't be restricted). Then follow the instructions here to set limits for purchasing content https://support.microsoft.com/help/4047310/microsoft-account-require-kids-to-ask-before-buying-stuff

If free content can't be blocked this way, or if a kid already downloaded an app you don't want them to use, you can use these instructions to block certain apps in the Activity section of the family section for that child account: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026341/microsoft-account-block-inappropriate-apps-games-media
Thema:

1. Block app (Fortnite) for kids on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Block app Fortnite

2. Xbox app has a minor bug regarding blocked/unblocked friends

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app has a minor bug regarding blocked/unblocked friends: Gives the option to unblock an already unblocked person, this could cause confusion. I recommend an update to remedy this. This bug only applies to the mobile app (Both beta and release version)...
  3. Why does the family app no longer block screentime?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the family app no longer block screentime?: For some reason the xbox (we all use xboxones here) family app is no longer blocking or applying screen time changes, this is troublesome as i found out my son played all day despite being blocked...
  4. Why did they add this to the My Games & apps block? I see that it changes every so often...

in XboX Insiders
    Why did they add this to the My Games & apps block? I see that it changes every so often...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Triple6Crew [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Connectivity Blocked - Can't Install Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Connectivity Blocked - Can't Install Xbox Beta App: Hello. My connectivity to Xbox Live Multiplayer on Windows 10 is blocked. This is a pain, because I want to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which I purchased recently, and as things are, I...
  6. Problems with someone I had to Block on XBox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems with someone I had to Block on XBox app: Hello! This is probably something really small, but I don't know what to do. I had a friend that I ended up having to block. I keep getting invites to games from him and notifications. I feel like...
  7. New update doesn’t look good! Removes transparency of My Games & Apps block and adds dark...

in XboX Insiders
    New update doesn’t look good! Removes transparency of My Games & Apps block and adds dark...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Man-of-Gears [link] [comments]
  8. Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Your network settings are blocking you from using party chat but its for the xbox beta app.: Literally no idea how to fix this cant find anything on this problem it has the same error code as the xbox one. dbf784b2-cfc4-44ad-9b68-a1df79107cf5
  9. Block An app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Block An app: Xbox security [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]. Parental controls are a joke. My son has parental controls on his account. You tube is blocked. Well its a mute point because he can sign out and use...
  10. Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app)

in XBoX on Windows
    Server Connectivity Blocked (XBOX-app): Hello, I have this issue, I bought Forza Horizon 4 like a month ago. I had a problem with Teredo, but got it fixed. Now, my XBOX app says 'Server Connectivity Blocked'. Any Help? I really need to...